Author Topic: Earth Day and Politicians  (Read 1125 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Earth Day and Politicians
« on: April 18, 2015, 11:47:31 AM »
I just saw Obama is flying to Florida to tell people to conserve resources for Earth Day. It cracks me up that not only Obama, but so many "OMG climate!" politicians travel thousands of miles every Earth Day instead of setting an example by setting up a teleconference, and they always get a pass from the "OMG climate!" crowd. Says a lot about both the politicians and the Chicken Littles.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
Re: Earth Day and Politicians
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 12:25:38 PM »
Earth Day.

When hundreds of thousands of people show their concern for the environment by descending on Washington, trashing the National Mall, and leaving behind tons of trash, filth, and excrement for SOMEONE ELSE to clean up.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 02:45:13 PM »
Why the snark? It's not even necessary. The entire foundations of liberalism, progressivism, communism, etc are founded upon hypocrisy. Redistribution of wealth is promoted by wealthy liberals ostensibly for the good of the poor, but it is in fact for their benefit, as the wealthy know how to make connections and work the redistribution system to their benefit. Those in power always have a better standard of living than those they rule, as they deserve it for the good they do.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 03:51:39 PM »
What happened to the good old Earth Days when nubile young things ran around without bras and other clothing accessories, you would get a contact high from 2 blocks away, and everybody not singing Kumbya was busy making love not war?   :old:

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 04:51:43 PM »
What happened to the good old Earth Days when nubile young things ran around without bras and other clothing accessories, you would get a contact high from 2 blocks away, and everybody not singing Kumbya was busy making love not war?   :old:

stay safe.

<sigh>.  I miss those days.

:old:
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2015, 07:32:11 PM »
Those days ended with the arrival of penicillin-resistant diseases.  :O
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2015, 01:48:58 PM »
Congrats to North Korea for it's 45th consecutive Earth Day compliance win.  Once again, no one could top their 99.99% participation rate.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2015, 02:10:50 PM »
I just saw Obama is flying to Florida to tell people to conserve resources for Earth Day. It cracks me up that not only Obama, but so many "OMG climate!" politicians travel thousands of miles every Earth Day instead of setting an example by setting up a teleconference, and they always get a pass from the "OMG climate!" crowd. Says a lot about both the politicians and the Chicken Littles.

Yeah, I noticed that media didn't report that he rode his bicycle from the White House to the everglades. The media is either getting really lazy or they are starting to assume that we all assume that our dear leader wouldn't do anything to harm the environment while pontificating about the environment.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2015, 10:15:57 PM »
Has anyone noticed that "Earth Day" and Vladimir Lennon's birthday are one and the same?
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G