Author Topic: Marlin Firearms to close next year  (Read 5695 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Marlin Firearms to close next year
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2010, 05:55:34 PM »
Yeah, but this thread does remind me that I want a long range thumper in a caliber that starts with .45-something....   :)

I'm quite glad I have my 39A and 1895 45-70.

Guess I need to get a 336 to complete the set.

Edit: Encouraged my to change my profile pic.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 09:51:09 PM by makattak »
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2010, 06:18:31 PM »
I can't believe that Penn is not a strong union state. 

It's really not.  Steel industry more or less died.  That was union.  Our business owners are slightly smarter folks.  "You wanna unionize?  k, we're closed.  You all go home."  Eventually folks get the message.  Coal mining is unionized, but I haven't heard too much about them being militant about it.

State government is infested with them, and they milk it for every penny.  Easiest way of saving our state government billions per year would be to outlaw AFSCME.

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2010, 06:53:42 PM »
I'm not against environmental standards, I'm against Americans losing their jobs having to compete against countries who don't have the same environmental standards.

Option 1:  The West refuses to enact any environmental safeguards that other nations won't actually enforce on their own businesses.  

Option 2:  A global regime that enforces universal environmental laws.

Option 3:  A complex web of treaties and trade agreements.

Option 4:  We do what we think is best for our own nation, and let the developing nations have the manufacturing jobs until they develop a more affluent middle-class.  This leads to democratic reforms, which leads to a larger middle-class, which leads to more democratic reforms.  Eventually, they make the mistake of letting women vote  ;)  and pretty soon they have their own obnoxious legislation, which evens the playing field.  
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2010, 06:57:14 PM »
Yeah, but this thread does remind me that I want a long range thumper in a caliber that starts with .45-something....   :)

Have you considered the Marlin .308 MX or the .338 MX ?

More power in a lever action, and shoots the Hornady LeverEvolution ammo. 

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2010, 11:56:40 AM »
Quote from: Revdisk
Coal mining is unionized, but I haven't heard too much about them being militant about it.

You mean in the last decade or two, right?  Coal unions were some of the more militant I've read about, though most of the action was in the first half of the 20th century.

Chris

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2010, 02:13:45 PM »
You mean in the last decade or two, right?  Coal unions were some of the more militant I've read about, though most of the action was in the first half of the 20th century.

Chris

Yea, in the last few decades.  I'm aware that numerous weapons on the NFA register came from coal companies.  There were reasons for that.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2010, 03:52:01 PM »
Of course Marlin is going out of business. It's all part of the plan.  They've been gobbled up by international corporate interests whose goal is to disarm Americans.  Wake up people!!  It's not Repubs vs. Dems.  They both work together for their common benefit while putting on a show for the rubes.  Don't be distracted.  Take our country back.

I don't know whether you're serious (in which case, Welcome Back PaddyMcRiley!) or not.

Either way, I agree with Dionysusigma......   
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2010, 01:07:59 AM »
Ahhhh... That would be like coolness on a stick!   :lol:

DD

another vote for NV, specifically, northern NV
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2010, 11:19:11 PM »
According to Dave Workman Marlin is moving, not closing.  Two of the places mentioned are Ilion, NY and a plant in Kentucky. 

http://www.thehighroad.us/showthread.php?t=417230