Author Topic: Reconnecting with my inner target-punching self  (Read 6207 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Re: Reconnecting with my inner target-punching self
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2010, 11:03:28 AM »
Interesting, you are literally the first person I've met that likes that range. Between the old guy in the office ranting about how stupid and dangerous things IPSC and 3-gun are, getting yelled at for "shooting too fast" on the pistol line, and the whole "only load one round at a time" thing I've been there twice and that was enough. Glad you like it though, I wish there was a nearby range I liked.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2010, 11:29:49 AM »
I go to Wade's in Bellevue for pistol shooting.  Seems like their lane prices have gone up a lot, though.  There's also a pistol range in the south end of Everett.  I think it's cheaper, but it's busy.  I don't want to stand around waiting for a lane to open.

A year or so ago Millcreek made a post about a new range somewhere between Botthell and Mill Creek.  I think he was talking about this place:

http://www.shootingsportsnorthwest.com/?q=node/1

Very nice looking place, but members only.

I guess I like the Kenmore Range because it's the only place I shoot rifles, and I always enjoy the experience.  Maybe if I had experience shooting them elsewhere I wouldn't be so pleased.  

.22 shooters get to load five rounds.  I saw some guy show up with his girl friend and a semi-auto .223 of some sort.  He got angry and stomped off when he was told about the one round limit.

I wouldn't mind driving a bit if there is a better range elsewhere.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2010, 11:45:22 AM »
I've seen mention of a place over in... Woodinville? Snohomish? Somewhere east of Bothell anyway. I was going to look into it, but they're losing their lease and moving soon I believe.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.