Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh on the COVID-19 civil war  (Read 1475 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Rush Limbaugh on the COVID-19 civil war
« on: May 13, 2020, 04:09:56 PM »
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2020/05/12/blue-state-governors-want-to-ruin-the-economy/

His theory (which makes sense) is that the governors of the populous blue states are keeping their states locked down with the intention of destrying the economy so that Trump won't be reelected.

Comments, please.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Re: Rush Limbaugh on the COVID-19 civil war
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 04:41:10 PM »
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2020/05/12/blue-state-governors-want-to-ruin-the-economy/

His theory (which makes sense) is that the governors of the populous blue states are keeping their states locked down with the intention of destrying the economy so that Trump won't be reelected.

Comments, please.

would totally not be surprised.  Give the proles emergency free stuff and get them dependant.  Never mind the debt thing.

There's a graphic I'm seeing around in my Bookface.  Illinois, with Chicago and associated vassal counties marked off from the rest of the state ("downstate").  Totals for "downstate" are a miniscule and quite disproportianate precentage of those in Chicagometropolitanarea.  Nevertheless, our dear governor continues to be heavy handed.

Wikileaks, where are you when we need you.  Might be some interesting stuff in email exchanges out there.

How's Rush doing, anyway?  I know he had a cancer diagnosis.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2020, 07:38:35 PM »
would totally not be surprised.  Give the proles emergency free stuff and get them dependant.  Never mind the debt thing.

There's a graphic I'm seeing around in my Bookface.  Illinois, with Chicago and associated vassal counties marked off from the rest of the state ("downstate").  Totals for "downstate" are a miniscule and quite disproportianate precentage of those in Chicagometropolitanarea.  Nevertheless, our dear governor continues to be heavy handed.

Wikileaks, where are you when we need you.  Might be some interesting stuff in email exchanges out there.

How's Rush doing, anyway?  I know he had a cancer diagnosis.

He seems ok.  He's been off for two weeks,  at separate times,  for medical treatments.  The first time he had to get his medications adjusted as he was having a bad reaction.  More recently,  purportedly for a checkup on Monday and tuesday,  but then was out the rest of the week, and that was some undisclosed dental problem.

As far as his theory is concerned,  while I always thought covid 19 was a real thing,  I also always feared it would be used by Trump's enemies to hurt him,  and that many would happily crush the economy to do it.

The older I get the more I despise the political class.  I think someone on this forum opined that most politicians were sociopaths or psychopaths.

I would be hard pressed to show that idea was wrong.   :mad:  :'(
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2020, 07:47:37 PM »
We already know many of these people think the ends justify the means.  We also know many of them already want to destroy the economy in order to bring in their communist/fascist paradise.  This event is a win/win.  Destroy the capitalist economy and increase centralized power. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2020, 09:42:07 PM »
Enemies foreign and domestic.

They know what they are doing, they are traitors.

Don't blanch at my rhetoric. They hate you with a hatred you've probably never felt.

They are evil.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2020, 08:05:16 AM »
It may be a matter of purposeful destruction, but I think it more likely that this is just exactly what liberals do.

They live in the urban areas. Therefore, all the rules of the entire state will be built off of what the urban areas want/need.

Virginia is getting screwed. By that I mean the real Virginia, not the blue enclave that overwhelms the voting of the rest of the state.

Every day, I keep hoping that movement to make MOST of Virginia a part of West Virginia will happen.

From living in Illinois, I am well aware they are even worse off. A sea of red being ruled by a dot of blue.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2020, 06:09:12 AM »
Communism thrives on unrest.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2020, 08:12:56 AM »
If that's an organized plot, it's one that was a REALLY fine line.

The longer you keep places locked down tight, the more lashback there will be, and the more Trump can use that as a call to vote for him.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2020, 12:01:37 PM »
If that's an organized plot, it's one that was a REALLY fine line.

The longer you keep places locked down tight, the more lashback there will be, and the more Trump can use that as a call to vote for him.
I wouldn't say it was organized.  Perhaps one of those "never let a tragedy go to waste" opportunities and they are overplaying their hand.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2020, 12:16:16 PM »
I would say it's more of a case of them having a common goal which can often can give the appearance of an organized plot
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2020, 05:12:23 PM »
Hmmm.... but even the democrats in Red States are doing this rubbish.

A local democratic mayor in my red state has instituted a nightly curfew... as if people driving through the city in their cars are spreading the virus, or that is somehow spreads during the night but not the day.   ;/

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2020, 08:44:44 PM »
They probably all watch the same TV shows and look at the same website.  That tends to spread the right phrases and slogans and it seems more organized than it is.