Author Topic: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread  (Read 121819 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread
« Reply #2900 on: April 28, 2024, 05:41:50 PM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2901 on: April 28, 2024, 10:37:52 PM »
No one's going to defend a white teacher by claiming an anti-white slur is a fighting word, so the kid learned a valuable lesson.

Sure because,  bear with me here, different races are different.

While we should strive as a society to provide people equal opportunities to excel in America,  it's obvious that there are differences between races, and that needs to be recognized as well.

That said, there are pejorative you could throw at a white person that I feel would make me kinda blase about any response. They aren't exclusive to white folks the way the hard "R" is to American black folks, but they are out there.  Pedo, Nazi, and Commie, if said to me in earnest, probably earn an ass whooping.

Next I'll blow your m8nds and point out the two sexes are different too.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #2902 on: April 28, 2024, 10:45:24 PM »
Sure because,  bear with me here, different races are different.

While we should strive as a society to provide people equal opportunities to excel in America,  it's obvious that there are differences between races, and that needs to be recognized as well.

Next I'll blow your m8nds and point out the two sexes are different too.

A few years ago I would have come to the same conclusion by saying, " the races are equal, but their history is not." Post-2020, though, that must be abandoned. We've clearly overcompensated past racial equality into a moment in which anti-white racism is ascendant. So no more coddling of non-whites. It has to be total, ruthlessly-equal treatment. Sauce for the goose, etc.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #2903 on: April 28, 2024, 11:57:38 PM »
FAFO.  There's a reason some things are called "Fighting Words".

Anyone who responds to words with violence is a fool.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2904 on: April 29, 2024, 07:20:18 AM »

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2905 on: April 29, 2024, 08:22:44 AM »

Quote from: Robert A. Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms.

Humans are aggressive pack predators, and violence, or the threat of violence, is the main force driving our behavior.  Whether a threat on a Macro scale (Follow these rules for living or you will burn in a lake of fire for Eternity), or Micro scale (Say that again and I'll kick your ass), it's the driving engine behind all human behavior.  You do it to, you just farm the4 violence out to government agents to do it for you.

As to escalate someone's words to physicality being foolish, there's a lot of variables to that, including the aforementioned government agents.  But generally: I think when people tell you who they are and what they believe, you should believe them, and sometimes that telling warrants a violent response.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2906 on: April 29, 2024, 09:34:32 AM »
Humans are aggressive pack predators, and violence, or the threat of violence, is the main force driving our behavior.  Whether a threat on a Macro scale (Follow these rules for living or you will burn in a lake of fire for Eternity), or Micro scale (Say that again and I'll kick your ass), it's the driving engine behind all human behavior.  You do it to, you just farm the4 violence out to government agents to do it for you.

As to escalate someone's words to physicality being foolish, there's a lot of variables to that, including the aforementioned government agents.  But generally: I think when people tell you who they are and what they believe, you should believe them, and sometimes that telling warrants a violent response.

Except there will be consequences for that violence and this teacher is finding that out.  The teenager is probably going to catch some of that also. 

The video only shows a piece of the this particular story so circumstances may change.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2907 on: April 29, 2024, 09:42:19 AM »
I'm still unclear as to whether the teacher attacked the student AFTER the student dropped a racial slur, or whether the student dropped the racial slur and then attacked the teacher, who responded.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2908 on: April 29, 2024, 09:47:37 AM »
Except there will be consequences for that violence and this teacher is finding that out.  The teenager is probably going to catch some of that also. 

The video only shows a piece of the this particular story so circumstances may change.

Sure.  I believe I mentioned the government agents in the post you quoted.

For clarity:  That last post that you quoted there was in direct response to Pb'S "Anyone who responds to words with violence is a fool." comment.  I disagree with that sweeping statement, and believe strongly that there are words that deserve a violent response, and (expanding that a little) that our society has insulated ourselves from the violence we visit on other people so we can hypocritically [IMO) claim non violence.

On this particular 27 YO teacher and unkonwn age (to me) high school student, the most I can muster up is "Meh, I'm not that outraged.  Two people presumably old enough to be aware of the consequences of their actions had a fight."  I am 100% NOT claiming the teacher had some moral authority to deliver retribution for the Hard R being dropped.  I'm just rejecting the forming "Teacher beat up an innocent child" narrative. The kid was old enough to predict the consequences of his words, and chose to drop them anyway.  He got smacked around.  FAFO.  Now he knows there are people who take that kind of comment *very* seriously, and maybe he should consider his use of fighting words in the future. 

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2909 on: April 29, 2024, 09:58:04 AM »
Yes, now he knows there are people who lose all self control with the utterance of a single word.  A violent response might be necessary sometimes.  I don't think it is normally the best option.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #2910 on: April 29, 2024, 06:09:58 PM »
New Zombie themed buffet near the Las Vegas Strip, seems to specialize in open faced sandwiches. ;)

https://www.8newsnow.com/investigators/murder-suspect-accused-of-eating-victims-face-near-las-vegas-strip/

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2911 on: April 29, 2024, 06:12:27 PM »
World gone mad: Pelosi accuses MSNBC and Katy Tur (on the TDS A team) of being Trump apologists.  :rofl:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1785040886541267101
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Pb

• friend
« Reply #2912 on: April 30, 2024, 09:19:26 AM »

For clarity:  That last post that you quoted there was in direct response to Pb'S "Anyone who responds to words with violence is a fool." comment.  I disagree with that sweeping statement, and believe strongly that there are words that deserve a violent response, and (expanding that a little) that our society has insulated ourselves from the violence we visit on other people so we can hypocritically [IMO) claim non violence.

The belief that violence is an appropriate response to words is exactly why black Americans have an obscene murder rate. 

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2913 on: April 30, 2024, 09:23:48 AM »
World gone mad: Pelosi accuses MSNBC and Katy Tur (on the TDS A team) of being Trump apologists.  :rofl:

Seeing even MSNBC call out a dem BS talking point made me check to see if I woke up on the correct planet this morning
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #2914 on: April 30, 2024, 10:40:50 AM »
I'm just rejecting the forming "Teacher beat up an innocent child" narrative.
How about a new narrative, then?

"Government employee beats up teen for saying mean things."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2915 on: April 30, 2024, 12:14:35 PM »

It is the new "racist" accusation among leftists. 

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2916 on: April 30, 2024, 09:01:22 PM »

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2917 on: April 30, 2024, 09:13:50 PM »
Would the school have had the same reaction if it was a Christian girl? I would hope so but I wonder.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2024, 08:55:33 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #2918 on: April 30, 2024, 10:27:39 PM »
Would the school have had the same reaction if it was a christian girl? I would hope so but I wonder.

:rofl:  No.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2919 on: May 01, 2024, 08:47:28 AM »
Would the school have had the same reaction if it was a christian girl? I would hope so but I wonder.

Definitely not.  Which is why I said I wasn't sure it was a win.  Mark against the trannys, mark for kowtowing to Islamic social strictures.