Author Topic: She's doing it to earn money for law school.  (Read 15477 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Re: She's doing it to earn money for law school.
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2007, 12:07:07 PM »
From when I was working in one of the joints...

The less intelligent ones generally don't last all that long... They blow every time they take in, get bad habits, and get lazy and fat... They start believing their own PR... May blow bucks on a boob job or a nose job, but that's about it... Burnout by 22-23, either hooking or working low end jobs and going home to Bubba in the trailer park.

College girls exist, and they generally look at it as a part-time gig... Some will travel (cheap airfare or carpool) to an adjacent city where the odds of running into someone they know is lower. 16-20 hours on a weekend can pay some major bucks...

The smarter professionals can be downright predatory. Workouts and plastic surgery, anything to keep the ball rolling - they tend to sock it away too... Bit of circuit travelling - the "new girls" tend to do a little better sometimes... Downside of that is that they don't get the regular customers.

Sometimes the day gig is school, and sometimes the day gig is the health club... Remember one girl who went from going to the Y to a more upscale workout facility, with the prime intention of landing herself a trophy hunting husband... She quit working at the club about a month later.

Blog under construction

crt360

• friend
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2007, 12:21:16 PM »
There was a girl in my class in law school who was, according to some of my other classmates who cared about that kind of stuff, a high-dollar prostitute type.  She was pretty good looking, but I didn't know her well enough to ask how business was or if she was doing it for tuition (my guess would be that she was).

When I was an undergrad, I knew a girl who worked as a waitress in a strip club but never took it off or danced.  She is now quite famous and probably makes more than all of us combined.
For entertainment purposes only.

Modifiedbrowning

• friend
  • Best Avatar on APS
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2007, 04:31:01 PM »
What does AVP stand for?
Give Peace a Chance,
Kill all Terrorists.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2007, 04:42:28 PM »
'Prolly Associate Vice President, or Assistant Vice President.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2007, 06:21:26 PM »
IF you were to swing a dead cat in the corporate offices of any bank, you'd hit at least two or three VPs of something or other.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2007, 08:16:49 PM »
My last GF is a member of the CA Bar and did some stripping as a lark (after law school)
kind of as an experiment to see what it was like.

She told me she was offered big bucks to have sex, the more she said no, the more
they offered.

But she already had plenty of money and a house (in San Francisco) and is very Catholic so I
believe her when she says she didn't.

I know a stripper here in Reno who will "do it" for the right amount of money
and the right guy. I also know a pro working in a brothel who works
on the side...I met all kinds of folks as a cabbie...
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

InfidelSerf

• friend
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2007, 08:46:59 PM »
And talk about a person whose body was in great physical condition!  But I guess that's pretty much true for all dancers...

Art, you have obviously never been to a strip club in KS  cheesy
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor&Success of this army,and the safety of our bleeding Country depend.Remember~Soldiers,that you are Freemen,fighting for the blessings of Liberty-that slavery will be your portion,and that of your posterity,if you do not acquit yourselves like men.GW8/76

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2007, 08:49:41 PM »
or Oklahoma
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2007, 05:23:41 AM »
Yeah, gunsmith, she sounds "very Catholic."  Huh?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2007, 09:15:52 AM »
Oh, and pretty much anyone can get up on those stages... It's not like there are auditions... Show up, pay the house, get your rotation.

Blog under construction

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2007, 10:02:29 AM »
Really?  Wow, I'm gonna take advantage of that!   laugh

Ron

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2007, 01:01:24 PM »
The plain looking girls often give better private dances, at least that is what I have heard.... angel

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2007, 01:03:09 PM »
I briefly dated a topless dancer back in the 1970's. The term "issues" doesn't begin to describe her psychological problems.

The last time I was in a topless bar was in the early 90's. A client of mine wanted to go there.

I looked around: three stages with girls on each one, plus several lap dancers. It just struck me as weird.

I guess I've become a prude.

natedog

• friend

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2007, 02:54:11 PM »
I guess I've become a prude.

And I guess I've always been one then, funny that.  I've never really seen the attraction to strip clubs.  Sure, lots of attractive women wearing little clothing, but one could find that on tape back when, or on the 'Net now. Can't touch, too loud to talk and the dancers are there to make money, not small talk anyway.  Overpriced watered down drinks or cheap nasty beer.  Could get THAT at the metal clubs and the girls there wanted to talk and maybe go home with you, and some of them were SMART (as in Ph.D. in hard sciences or accounting)
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Eleven Mike

• friends
  • All your desert are belong to us.
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2007, 02:56:56 PM »
Sindawe, it's probably the same reason that some people like painful or humiliating sex and some don't, or some like very thin women and some don't.  I'm sure we could all go on at length about which brand of "adult entertainment" each of us finds most appealling, but that could get pretty ugly.  shocked

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2007, 03:20:00 PM »
Lemme tell you, once you've seen a coupla hundred naked women, the novelty sorta goes away... And once you've broken up your third catfight in the dressing room, the novelty is WAY far away...

Blog under construction

Ron

« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2007, 03:43:25 PM »
Lemme tell you, once you've seen a coupla hundred naked women, the novelty sorta goes away... And once you've broken up your third catfight in the dressing room, the novelty is WAY far away...

Ultimately strip clubs are sad places. By that I mean they make me sad.

As someone with a good dose of empathy I cannot be in a strip club for very long without feeling bad about the whole arrangement.

Not everyone working or patronizing strip clubs are broken. But there is a higher percentage of broken individuals in them places than just about anywhere else I have been.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2007, 03:54:13 PM »
Sindawe, it may be nasty beer, but it ain't cheap.  $6 or $7 bucks a bottle.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2007, 04:17:55 PM »
yes fistfull, she goes to church all the time, prays, goes to confession, was a virgin till she married,
never dated after divorce untill her kid was 17.

She is really attractive and a few years ago she did about a month work in one of San Francisco's
upscale "gentlemans" clubs.

She already was a lawyer and a home owner in one of the most expensive markets in the country
and she is very catholic, she still is.

Judge not lest ye be judged, casting first stones and all that.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2007, 04:23:14 PM »
MechAg94, well it was cheap (as in price) when compared to the specialty bomber beers we were buying elsewhere at the time.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
Blog under construction

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2007, 04:45:29 PM »
yes fistfull, she goes to church all the time, prays, goes to confession, was a virgin till she married,
never dated after divorce untill her kid was 17.

She is really attractive and a few years ago she did about a month work in one of San Francisco's
upscale "gentlemans" clubs.

She already was a lawyer and a home owner in one of the most expensive markets in the country
and she is very catholic, she still is.

Judge not lest ye be judged, casting first stones and all that.

My comments:

Now, I'm not judging her, nor am I judging what her moral culpability for her actions may be (moral culpability for one's actions is mostly subjective, depending upon extenuating circumstances), but objectively the actions of the young lady in question, i.e., the working in an stripper, the dating after a divorce (if it really was a divorce and not an annulment) are taught by the Catholic Church to be seriously sinful.

*flame suit on*
Andy

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2007, 05:10:10 PM »
cosine pretty much got what I was talking about.  I just find it surprising that you would describe a person as "very Catholic" after she had done something like that. 

Since you brought it up, "judge not" and "cast the first stone" have nothing to do with what I said.  We could discuss what Christ meant by those comments, if you like. 

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2007, 05:25:40 PM »
Enlighten me - why is it sinful to work as a stripper?