Author Topic: What is a photocopier?  (Read 524 times)

freakazoid

• friend
What is a photocopier?
« on: July 29, 2018, 01:04:13 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZbqAMEwtOE
Apparently this is an actual legal deposition that has been dramatized.  :rofl: I am pretty sure I would of slapped the guy.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: What is a photocopier?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 10:55:50 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZbqAMEwtOE
Apparently this is an actual legal deposition that has been dramatized.  :rofl: I am pretty sure I would of slapped the guy.

I have sat through depositions like that. The witness had obviously been coached to stonewall to the maximum extent possible.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 01:21:40 PM »
The last deposition I sat through kind of tried my patience. When the lawyer for the "other" side asked the same question in a different way for the umpteenth time I flat out told he could ask me that question anyway he wanted and the answer would be the same, I may have been a little curt because the US Attorney sitting on my side of the able suggested we take a break. ;)

bob

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018, 04:54:13 PM »
I think the lawyer asking the question could have approached the issue a little better to get around that.  "What machine do you use to copy legal documents?" might be a follow up. 

That said, wouldn't this sort of stonewalling be looked on with disfavor by judges later on?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge