Author Topic: Guy finds some of Thomas Jefferson's books in the dumpster.  (Read 537 times)

freakazoid

• friend
https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article214992280.html

I wonder how often stuff like this happens. How many invaluable books and things and books that hold missing information have been thrown out without the owner knowing what they had, or lost to things like fire. Kind of sad.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Guy finds some of Thomas Jefferson's books in the dumpster.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 08:07:19 PM »
Wow. Funny that the article didn't say anything about what happened to the books he sold. And odd that they would put the photo of the old photographs right at the top. How did Jefferson get those?!

Less odd - I was just reading about the book by Charron earlier today.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 08:28:06 PM »
I'm assuming that the person who bought them has no idea what they really are. Yeah, I would think that a picture of the books would be at the top. They show a single picture of him holding one of them later on. Sounds like the pictures are what is mentioned later on that where part of the Kellogg's family collection, and where pictures of the family, that the books also came from.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018, 09:20:50 PM »
I'm assuming that the person who bought them has no idea what they really are. Yeah, I would think that a picture of the books would be at the top. They show a single picture of him holding one of them later on. Sounds like the pictures are what is mentioned later on that where part of the Kellogg's family collection, and where pictures of the family, that the books also came from.

Rhetorical question is rhetorical. The books he sold - I would expect the journalist to track down the new owners. If the new owners aren't talking, or couldn't be found, shouldn't the writer say so?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 11:19:39 PM by fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife