Author Topic: Riots erupt in Oakland after slain father laid to rest  (Read 9922 times)

Antibubba

• friend
Re: Riots erupt in Oakland after slain father laid to rest
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2010, 01:46:27 AM »
About 3/4 of the arrested riots weren't local, just visiting anarchists.   :mad:
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2010, 06:34:26 AM »
About 3/4 of the arrested riots weren't local, just visiting anarchists.   :mad:

gonna get me some kicks man
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2010, 09:26:04 AM »
I myself feel like rioting sometimes, but I'm not sure how to do it ...  =|

What would I do - chop down a pine tree ... cut a barbwire fence  ???

:P
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2010, 09:33:36 AM »
I myself feel like rioting sometimes, but I'm not sure how to do it ...  =|

What would I do - chop down a pine tree ... cut a barbwire fence  ???

:P

Stampede the cattle through town.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2010, 09:50:40 AM »
Stampede the cattle through town.

That's a long ways to go from here.  :(
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2010, 09:55:58 AM »
That's a long ways to go from here.  :(

Oh I see -- you're one of those armchair rioters. Get up off your lazy butt and go squish some bird's nests or tip some cows or something.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2010, 01:20:22 PM »
Oh I see -- you're one of those armchair rioters. Get up off your lazy butt and go squish some bird's nests or tip some cows or something.

Nearest town is 17 miles away, although a bit shorter if I cut fences and stampede the neighbors' cows into town.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2010, 01:58:00 PM »
what no bison?  stampede those and they will open fences for you.  quite surprising how quick a big critter they are and good jumpers too
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

HankB

• friend
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2010, 03:48:08 PM »
The news story I read said the demonstrators were demonstrating by looting a shoe store and a jewelry store.

That ought to get their message across!

Oakland being in California, I'm surprised they didn't demonstrate their ire by looting the medical marijuana stores . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2010, 06:14:12 PM »
Anyone wonder how the the riot would've been had that cop accidentally killed  a white guy? 

Thought so   ;/

It's not a story, then.