Main Forums > The Roundtable

Turkey Shortage?

<< < (3/11) > >>

JTHunter:
Thankfully, I am not a big fan of turkey and my elderly mother won't touch it.  She does like pork loin, esp. the way I cook it and she loves dressing.  I do the cooking now and she does the eating.  ;)
The rest of the family live at least 200 miles away so the chances of us getting together is slim.

MillCreek:
Depending on the virus status in the area, we will either have 25-30 people for Thanksgiving or five.  We will see.

Jim147:
With all the cows running around here I'm thinking standing rib roast sounds good.

RoadKingLarry:
If I can acquire one I may smoke a turkey this year. Haven't done that in several years now.
So far I haven't heard of any unusual shortages on meat and other groceries locally.

Kingcreek:
For several years I bought heritage free range turkey from a young menonite guy near me. They were awesome but he must have stopped because I didn’t get my usual spring preorder commitment email from him last year or this.
I have done ok with organic turkey from Aldi without the injected brine and usual contaminants.
We have invited my wife’s parents and siblings but it might be just the 2 of us or as many as 16. Doesn’t matter to me. I love left over turkey.
AFTER thanksgiving I often pick up a whole breast or young turkey for cheap. I like to keep a couple  in the freezer and smoke them slow in the pit barrel.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version