Author Topic: Longhorns 17, Badgers 1: Union Wisconsin Education vs Non-Union Texas Education  (Read 1364 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
http://iowahawk.typepad.com/iowahawk/2011/03/longhorns-17-badgers-1.html

Lots of good data vis a vis the comparisons some are making between the two states' outcomes for students.

The left is making noise about state rankings and Iowahawk goes on to explain to the innumerate and rub their noses in data, the upshot being:
"To recap: white students in Texas perform better than white students in Wisconsin, black students in Texas perform better than black students in Wisconsin, Hispanic students in Texas perform better than Hispanic students in Wisconsin. In 18 separate ethnicity-controlled comparisons, the only one where Wisconsin students performed better than their peers in Texas was 4th grade science for Hispanic students (statistically insignificant), and this was reversed by 8th grade. Further, Texas students exceeded the national average for their ethnic cohort in all 18 comparisons; Wisconsinites were below the national average in 8, above average in 8.

Your first question is probably, "why do the union teachers in Wisconsin hate black students?" Sorry, can't help you there, I'm stumped too."

Read the whole thing, you might learn something.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Hutch

• friend
Oh, that's rich.  Thanks for bringing that up.  I think Krugman belongs in the same club as Michael Moore and that Churchill chap of "Little Eichmanns" fame.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.