Author Topic: Evidently TiVO and certain DVR's can pull content after it's been recorded?  (Read 1990 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
http://www.infowars.com/confirmed-venturas-conspiracy-theory-episodes-disappearing-from-dvrs/

Jesse Ventura's Conspiracy Theory show.

Supposedly it's getting yanked from DVR's without user consent.  Similar to the Amazon/Kindle fiasco with 1984.

http://www.infowars.com/censored-jesse-ventura-show-on-fema-camps-survives-on-you-tube/

This is the episode that's getting yanked, still up on youtube in 3 segments.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

MicroBalrog

• friend
Is it the goal of these people to make the conspiracy theorists 105% sure they're right about everything?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Did they DVR it, or get via VOD? (Video On Demand)  If you get something VOD it will often have an expiration date.  On that date the program auto-deletes from your queue.  If you dvr it directly from the program feed, there is normally no expiration date.  At least hat's what I've experienced with my DirecTV service.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
Jesse Ventura's Conspiracy Theory show.
Maybe it is getting yanked because it is stupid.

I would not take his advice for anything.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'

They'd have to yank 95% of their programming if that was the case.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

sanglant

• friend

i wouldn't trust him either, but he's still smarter then the average frankin. :laugh:

RoadKingLarry

• friends
i wouldn't trust him either, but he's still smarter then the average frankin. :laugh:

Hell, compared to Moore he is a freakin' world class super genius.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels

The show is well worth watching, for amusement purposes at least.

The water episode is still on my DVR. Dish Network, FWIW.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal

More does make the lowest of the lowest population intelligent - I guess that he has that value.

That stunt with Kmart and the 9mm ammo still makes me angry.

I would like to give him some .45 to return.....

Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Lee

• friend
The show seems pretty dumb...but what are those residential camps?

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend

I believe the phrase you are looking for is "a g*d d*mned intellectual Tyrannosaurus."
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
I haven't seen the episode in question, or any of them, but I'd bet actual Ameros that it contains copyrighted music that they simply cannot get permission to distribute which they discovered after the fact.

Something like: Beatles, AC/DC, Madonna, Garth Brooks, Radiohead...

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
No copyrighted music, AFAIK. All they have is over-dramatic instrumental stuff.