Author Topic: Another Voice Added to the Choir  (Read 2337 times)

CSM Kersh

Another Voice Added to the Choir
« on: March 07, 2011, 06:29:13 PM »

First it was Sipsey Street Irregulars, then David Codrea, next Fox News and, tada, the main stream media in the form of CBS and now this week a local talk show host begins to beat the drum pushing for investigation, reform or maybe even disbandment, of ATF over their Project Gunnunner out of the Phoenix office.

Seattle radio talkmeister extraordinaire John Carlson started turning up the heat on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives’ Project Gunrunner scandal Monday during the final hour of his morning broadcast, taking specific aim at major news organizations for not covering the story.

Carlson, perhaps the Jet City’s most recognizable conservative talk host and commentator currently on the air, and whose father was a police officer, is also questioning how it was that Border Patrol agents working with slain agent Brian Terry last Dec. 14 were armed with beanbag rounds when they confronted several suspects ten miles from Nogales near the Arizona-Mexico border.

Continue reading on Examiner.com: KOMO’s Carlson turns up heat on ATF’s ‘Gunrunner’ scandal - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-seattle/komo-s-carlson-turns-up-heat-on-atf-s-gunrunner-scandal#ixzz1FxX458rp
Sam A. Kersh
NRA Patron
csmkersh@thegunnerslair.com
My Web Page
When Seconds count the police are only minutes away.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Another Voice Added to the Choir
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 07:07:17 PM »
Actually, Rush Limbaugh talked about it for a while, last Friday. It's not all that common for him to discuss gun-related issues.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 09:11:29 AM »
Actually, Rush Limbaugh talked about it for a while, last Friday. It's not all that common for him to discuss gun-related issues.
I've noticed that, too.  He might touch on a hot topic, but he quickly goes back to discussing "us vs them" politics.

Funny thing is, Michael Savage won't discuss reloading ammo. He mentioned that last night. He put it in the same category as the troofers.

Which is why I prefer to listen to Neal Boortz. He is pro-gun all the way and he isn't afraid to let you know.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 09:13:29 AM »

Funny thing is, Michael Savage won't discuss reloading ammo. He mentioned that last night. He put it in the same category as the troofers.

Srsly?

Dillon press in the garage =  [tinfoil]   ???
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 09:36:59 AM »
I've heard Rush bring up gun issues once in a blue moon, but he has said he thinks the issue is the same every time and doesn't change and isn't worth talking about on a regular basis.  I think he just isn't interested in guns and so doesn't talk about those issues much at all. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 09:46:58 AM »
I've heard Rush bring up gun issues once in a blue moon, but he has said he thinks the issue is the same every time and doesn't change and isn't worth talking about on a regular basis.  I think he just isn't interested in guns and so doesn't talk about those issues much at all. 

Someone needs to take that man to a machine-gun shoot or something
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 10:11:24 AM »
I've noticed that, too.  He might touch on a hot topic, but he quickly goes back to discussing "us vs them" politics.

Which is why I prefer to listen to Neal Boortz. He is pro-gun all the way and he isn't afraid to let you know.

My favorite is Andrew Wilkow. 

JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 10:39:29 AM »
Srsly?

Dillon press in the garage =  [tinfoil]   ???
No tinfoil. What I should have said is that he gets the same kind of calls from both groups: very vocal, set in their ways, nothing to be gained from arguing about it. Same for birthers.  He avoids those topics so he doesn't have to deal with those callers.

I don't know Savage's stance on reloading, just that he doesn't what to beat that dead horse.

My favorite is Andrew Wilkow. 
He's good, too, but his show isn't broadcast near me, so I don't hear him very often.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

CSM Kersh

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 11:14:20 AM »

Andrew Wilkow is on Sirius satellite radio 12 noon ET.  Here's the SiriusXM Patriot lineup.
Sam A. Kersh
NRA Patron
csmkersh@thegunnerslair.com
My Web Page
When Seconds count the police are only minutes away.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2011, 12:48:48 PM »
I've heard Rush bring up gun issues once in a blue moon, but he has said he thinks the issue is the same every time and doesn't change and isn't worth talking about on a regular basis. 
And Obama & Co. aren't the same every time?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2011, 01:23:37 PM »
I've heard Rush bring up gun issues once in a blue moon, but he has said he thinks the issue is the same every time and doesn't change and isn't worth talking about on a regular basis.  I think he just isn't interested in guns and so doesn't talk about those issues much at all.  

Rush Limbaugh runs an event driven program.  If something "big" or notable happens in world events or politics or social news he covers it, but he doesn't do a "topic of the day" show like some radio jocks do.  If something happens in the political world happens with regards to gun control comes up he'll be on it.
Limbaugh is a supporter of the second amendment but is not rerally a "gun guy."  Years ago the N.R.A. gave him a flintlock rifle, and he went through the New York City legal hoops to own it, but I doubt he's ever shot it.  I doubt he's ever fired any gun at all.
Still, don't discount him.
He is on our side.  ;)
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2011, 06:03:15 PM »
No disagreement there, and, yes, I have heard him bring up the topic on occasion when national news warrants it.  He just doesn't go around looking for chances to talk guns as many gun guys would.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2011, 06:03:42 PM »
I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to make this into a Rush Limbaugh thread. I was trying to point out that the story had much wider exposure than local radio, and that if Limbaugh is covering it, it has gone mainstream. As I said, gun news usually doesn't pique his interest.

Rush Limbaugh runs an event driven program.  If something happens in the political world with regards to gun control [that he thinks his audience wants to hear about] he'll be on it.
Limbaugh is a supporter of the second amendment but is not really a "gun guy." 
Still, don't discount him.
He is on our side.  ;)
This. (Redaction and brackets are mine.)

I think he just isn't interested in guns and so doesn't talk about those issues much at all. 
And this.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife