Author Topic: Woman Awakens From Surgery to Find Panty-Line Tattoo  (Read 10095 times)

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Woman Awakens From Surgery to Find Panty-Line Tattoo
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2008, 02:48:11 PM »
I don't think it's the temporary tattoo is the issue, moreso the placement.

That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2008, 05:42:28 PM »
Like I said in another thread.  People need to quit being so prickly about crap.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

doczinn

• friend
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2008, 09:06:40 PM »
Well, if he went in from the front than I doubt there was anything untoward at all.
D. R. ZINN

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2008, 01:56:57 AM »
I don't think it's the temporary tattoo is the issue, moreso the placement.

I think it's the lack of permission, the temporary tattoo, the placement and the freak-out factor.

Honestly guys, if you went in for a medical procedure and woke up with a cute little temporary tattoo, lets say, on or near your gluteus maximus, wouldn't that freak you out and cause you to wonder what else he might've done to you while you were out?
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2008, 05:08:55 AM »
It would freak me out a bit no matter where it was to be honest. 

If the doctor wanted to be nice and have the patient wake up to a nice surprise, some flowers at the bedside would have been much better. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2008, 07:24:26 AM »
On one hand her panties where probably pulled down a bit for the surgery. I had intestinal surgery and my underwear where several inches down when I woke up. I imagine hers were too, so maybe it could have slipped his mind where he was putting things. That is seriously giving him the benefit of the doubt though.

On the other hand several decades ago new doctors would practice pelvic exames on unsuspecting unconsous women who where under for unrelated work. This still happens in many of the more backwords countries today such as Afganastan. If I where her I would wonder what else might have happened even if the odds are that nothing did happen.
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2008, 07:48:32 AM »
It was inappropriate and unprofessional, period.  There are better ways to leave a pleasant surprise for a patient.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2008, 07:53:54 AM »
Like I said in another thread.  People need to quit being so prickly about crap.

So if you go in for a root canal and wake up to find the doc had his hands down your underwear you'd be ok with that?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2008, 07:55:41 AM »
Someone is about to get rich, that's for sure.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2008, 10:02:55 AM »
So if you go in for a root canal and wake up to find the doc had his hands down your underwear you'd be ok with that?

I think  the critical question here is where the surgury actually took place.  If it was 2" from the incision, then it's not as big of a deal if it was 6".

Still a bit unprofessional.

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2008, 10:09:10 AM »
I think  the critical question here is where the surgury actually took place.  If it was 2" from the incision, then it's not as big of a deal if it was 6".

I dunno.  Permission to perform a medical procedure is not the same as permission to have fun and be cutesy, no matter where it's located. 

That would be pretty much the equivalent of saying that anyone who needs a prostate exam or a pelvic exam is giving consent to rape.  My body isn't there for a doctor to play with, even if he does need access to particularly sensitive areas to do his job.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2008, 10:16:16 AM »
That would be pretty much the equivalent of saying that anyone who needs a prostate exam or a pelvic exam is giving consent to rape.  My body isn't there for a doctor to play with, even if he does need access to particularly sensitive areas to do his job.

No, it isn't.  You're equating a temp tattoo with rape.  At MOST, I think we're talking about molestation, but probably not even that.

I do think the guy needs a reprimand,  the severity of which depends on the distance of the temporary tattoo from the site of the operation.  Depending on the setup, the doctor might not of even been aware of quite where he was due to surgical barriers and such.  At the very least, there should be some witnesses - you don't perform surgury alone.

This would be a tough one for awarding any damages,  I think.  It's not like she's in anything other than mental anguish over the tat.  It'll probably wear off quicker than the stitches.

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2008, 10:23:24 AM »
No, it isn't.  You're equating a temp tattoo with rape.  At MOST, I think we're talking about molestation, but probably not even that.

No, I'm not.  I'm demonstrating that the location of the fun and games doesn't have a bearing on whether or not the fun and games are ok.  If it involves touching my body, it is only ok to the extent I have given consent.  When I ask for a medical procedure, I am not asking for someone to do something unrelated that they find amusing to my body, whether it's to my vagina or my back or anywhere else. 

Of course I'm not equating this with rape.  That, in this instance, is arguably CSC 1.  This is merely arguably CSC 3, in my inexpert lack of knowledge.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2008, 11:29:36 AM »
Either way, I am not sure I object to this based on criminal law, but more based on professional conduct. 

Another scenario might be that you wake up to realize the doctor painted your fingernails or something.  It may not be criminal, but it is certainly unprofessional and calls for professional liability. 

I could agree with money damages in this case to an extent, probably not with the fingernails.

Again, real flowers would have been a much better way to cheer up the patient. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2008, 11:35:25 AM »
Either way, I am not sure I object to this based on criminal law, but more based on professional conduct. 

I agree, but criminal statutes can be conversationally useful for gauging the reprehensibility of conduct.  It's easy to get all riled up about the selfish, touchy, blah-blah-blah kind of woman who would sue over this.  Realizing that this could likely fit the elements of criminal sexual conduct can shift the focus away from the person who had to temerity to object to the behavior and to the jackass who perpetrated it.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2008, 01:34:10 PM »

Prickly?   rolleyes  No sir.  She's not being prickly. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2008, 02:43:30 PM »
Surgery where you get put 100% "under" is a scary thing for most people I'd assume, not really a time to play games with people.

Exactly.

I can't believe that some of you are saying this is "not a big deal".

This is a violation of a person's body. That ain't cool, whether the law sees it as a criminal matter or not.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!