Author Topic: What If Democracy Is Bunk?  (Read 5784 times)

red headed stranger

• friend
Re: What If Democracy Is Bunk?
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2012, 03:21:14 PM »
Fox Business News canceled his show (along with several others around his time slot). Most likely a ratings based decision, not ideological.

This. Napolitano put out a statement recently that stated that was a business decision, and not an ideological one. He stated that he is still employed by Fox and intimated that he would be involved with another project coming soon. 
Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2012, 03:30:26 PM »
Maybe.  Maybe not.

What do you expect Napolitano to say?  People in media never tell the real truth about their comings and goings, not if they want to work again. 

I suspect he's being "educated," just the way Pat Buchanan is.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2012, 05:04:09 PM »
I don't remember whether I posted this here or not...But I believe a Saudi prince now has a quite large ownership piece of FOX.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2012, 02:06:52 PM »
You are correct.  No doubt it's just a coincidence. =|
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2012, 04:24:24 PM »
I don't remember whether I posted this here or not...But I believe a Saudi prince now has a quite large ownership piece of FOX.

http://thinkprogress.org/media/2010/02/10/81482/right-rebels-foxnews/?mobile=nc

Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal owns a 7 percent stake in News Corp.
No need to worry, as his comments below should make you feel warm and fuzzy!  =D

– On continuing America’s dependence on fossil fuels, Saudia Arabian oil: “Saudi Arabia’s strategic alliance with the United States will continue and as a derivative of that, the link with the oil between oil and dollars is there. The bulk of our GDP, the bulk of budget comes from oil and oil is still a dollar based commodity.” As Media Matters has documented, Fox News is a reliable source of misinformation on clean energy, and has aggressively attacked efforts to move America away from a fossil fuel dependent economy.

– On opposing financial reforms, bank responsibility fee: “In a way I’m conflicted because I’m invested in Citigroup but at the more global picture, I’m a big supporter of the United States. I believe taxing the banks right now is not the right thing at all. It’s like you have a patient coming out of an ICU.” Alwaleed owns a $4.3 billion dollars stake in Citigroup, a massive bank that spent millions lobbying against financial reform last year.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2012, 05:28:00 PM »
"As Media Matters had documented..." bwahahahaha!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2012, 07:45:52 PM »
"As Media Matters had documented..." bwahahahaha!

Media Matters outing Fox News is like Stalin reporting on the lies that Hitler told.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.