Author Topic: What's going on here?  (Read 1605 times)

Blakenzy

• friend
What's going on here?
« on: February 27, 2012, 01:53:32 PM »
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4195342,00.html

WikiLeaks: Israel destroyed nuclear facilities in Iran

Anti-secrecy group releases email by US-based global security firm linked to CIA, citing Israeli intelligence source who claims Israelis destroyed all Iranian nuclear infrastructure on ground weeks ago

This is quite weird. If true, the "news" we rely on every day is a complete distraction designed to keep us dumb and blind... Or this is just a batch of fresh misinformation... it isn't April yet...is it?
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

MechAg94

• friend
Re: What's going on here?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 02:16:38 PM »
I hadn't realized Stratfor got hacked.  Hope the sources don't get outed. 

I guess I would not be surprised if something like that happened.  It wouldn't make Iran's govt look too good if they admitted something like that had happened. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 02:33:25 PM »

This is quite weird. If true, the "news" we rely on every day is a complete distraction designed to keep us dumb and blind... Or this is just a batch of fresh misinformation... it isn't April yet...is it?
Human intelligence is often crap. Liars, poseurs, con artists, and guys just trying to make a buck come out of the woodwork. Even a formerly good source can sell you crap so he can afford a new iPad.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 02:51:02 PM »
Sometimes we give too much credibility to reports that we want to believe.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 05:14:15 PM »

:facepalm: Governments keep secrets. I'm not sure how this is any different.

Or has all the talk of Iran got you thinking that our troops are already on the way? I mean, hey, it happened to Ron Paul, so at least you're in good company. [shrug]
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

agricola

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 06:12:19 PM »
I thought it believable right up until the point where they mentioned "EU leaders" as being behind the pro-bomb Iran campaign. 
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 09:36:05 PM »
I hadn't realized Stratfor got hacked.  Hope the sources don't get outed. 

I guess I would not be surprised if something like that happened.  It wouldn't make Iran's govt look too good if they admitted something like that had happened. 
There is very, very little information that I glean these days, no matter the source, that I take at face value.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen