Author Topic: Opiate detox under anesthesia offers no increased benefits and is more dangerous  (Read 760 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/anesthesia-assisted-rapid-opioid-detox/

So don't pay thousands of dollars to be put under general anesthesia and given Narcan for several hours. This method of opiate detox works no better than other methods and people have died from it.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Blakenzy

• friend
 :facepalm:

General anesthesia... increased risks... people have died from it...

well... DUH!

Why do I think that implementing this had more to do with a business/marketing team than a medical panel? Somehow I can't see an already stressed out anesthesiologist coming up with this idea...
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 07:46:50 PM »
You know what's odd? Kicking ducks but it's not fatal and not nearly as bad as some folks make it sound
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Regolith

• friend
Re:
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 01:04:06 AM »
You know what's odd? Kicking ducks but it's not fatal and not nearly as bad as some folks make it sound

Why are you kicking ducks, and what does it have to do with opiate detox? ???
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Andiron

• friend
Some people juggle geese...
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Re:
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2015, 01:12:40 AM »

That's oddly satisfying in a twisted sort of way....
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G