Author Topic: 49.95 ar recievers  (Read 1365 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
49.95 ar recievers
« on: December 24, 2011, 12:33:52 PM »
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

CNYCacher

• friend
Re: 49.95 ar recievers
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 12:53:51 PM »
Isn't that a :O good deal?  The only time I ever looked into lower receivers they were more like $100 - $150.  So I am trying to find something bad about these and the worst review I found in 10 minutes of googling is basically, "Yeah, they aren't the best in terms of finish, but they are in spec and cheap. . ."

Can anyone with ar-building experience offer an impression?  I'm not even sure what "in spec" means.  I am assuming that there is a specific spec for ARs and some of the receivers out there are not entirely following it, which leads to fitment issues when you go to build them?
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 01:11:42 PM »
Good but not crazy good.  Bargain lowers are pretty consistently in the $50-$70, and lower brand names are commonly $75-$90. Unless I really needed a particular rollmark I would never mail order an AR lower for more then $100.  With shipping and transfer you'd be in the $130 range and that's too much.

AIM is usually a good source of bargains:

http://www.aimsurplus.com/catalog.aspx?groupid=11&name=New+Long+Guns

Bubbles

• 07/C2 FFL/SOT
    • EFI, LLC
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 01:45:34 PM »
We do transfers for a ton of these.  Shipping is $7 apiece, less if you order multiples.

They're not a high-end lower, but if all you're looking for is a lower for a range gun these will more than do the job.
EFI, LLC - 07 FFL / C2 SOT in Inwood, WV - Custom Firearms & Gunsmithing

Tank Vest - Molle Vest for Your Motorcycle Gas Tank

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 04:49:06 PM »
I couldn't tell but these are stripped lowers correct?

You can get Plum Crazy complete lowers for ~$105 each.   These are all composite and are driving the BATFEIOEIO up the wall. 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 05:07:46 PM »
I couldn't tell but these are stripped lowers correct?

You can get Plum Crazy complete lowers for ~$105 each.   These are all composite and are driving the BATFEIOEIO up the wall. 

How are they driving the ATF crazy?

I have a PC lower for my .22 AR, bought it complete with buttstock and LPK installed for $125 at a local gun store.  Same purchase (in order to deliberately buy 2 AR receivers during the "4 border States have to report all multiple rifle sales" bullscat), I bought a Sun Devil stripped lower for $100.

Yeah, a PC can become a sub $600 AR... but I'm not exactly crazy about the quality of it.  Note that it's on my .22 rig, not my centerfire rig.  They ain't exactly anything to write home about, and I have a suspicion that even the LPK parts are made of plastic.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2011, 05:20:20 PM »
All composite.  Some of the "OhNOES!!!  Can't be seen by TSA 'tards on their X-ray machines or Metal detectors!!"
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2011, 09:10:03 PM »

No thanks for Plum Crazy lowers.

Gimme a Palmetto State lower and a parts kit.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!