Author Topic: A chance to grade Obama  (Read 2201 times)

Chester32141

• friend
A chance to grade Obama
« on: April 24, 2009, 11:24:53 AM »
This is an MSNBC poll ... let your voice be heard ...  ;/

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29493093/
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: A chance to grade Obama
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 11:27:39 AM »
I wonder if his ego will be shattered when he sees that 36% of the poll takers gave him an F.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Nightfall

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 11:33:20 AM »
As the poll shows, you either really love him, or really hate him.
It is difficult if not impossible to reason a person out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - 230RN

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 11:33:35 AM »
I'm more intrigued by the fact that despite him promising to bring the country together, at least MSNBC's surfers are really polorized.  Either people love him or hate him, there's not a whole lot of middle ground.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 11:46:51 AM »
3 million responses?

Not scientific, indeed.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 03:46:02 PM »
3 million responses?

Not scientific, indeed.

No, the results are not statistically significant as an indication of the feelings of the entire country.

However, it is socially significant to see that the vast majority of those bothering to vote are statistically evenly split between giving an A and giving an F.  Further, those who are willing to enter the middle ground (B, C or D) are statistically insignificant among those bothering to vote.  Yes, either you love him or hate him.

What remains to be seen is how many more will join the ranks of those who hate him, and how soon they join that cohort.  My money is on the ranks swelling sooner rather than later, and that once joining they will not swing from the far end of the bell curve.

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 01:48:53 AM »
Well, if the numbers reflect the nation as a whole, it is going to be rather difficult to govern if you are seen as an "F" by 40 per cent of the electorate.  I'd call that a recipe for major trouble.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 04:27:13 AM »
Right now it's F - 39% and A-36%.

This poll may be non-scientific, but it ain't looking good for Obama. 
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2009, 06:34:56 AM »
Well, if the numbers reflect the nation as a whole, it is going to be rather difficult to govern if you are seen as an "F" by 40 per cent of the electorate.  I'd call that a recipe for major trouble.

Meh, Bush did it. And that was largely caused by the media blaming everything up to and including your dog being ran over last night on him.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

xavier fremboe

• friends
  • All-American Meanie
    • The Shop
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2009, 09:10:50 AM »
The differences between online surveys and scientific polls

One week in the middle of the Clinton-Lewinsky scandal, more than 200,000 people took part in an msnbc.com Live Vote that asked whether President Clinton should leave office. Seventy-three percent said yes. That same week, an NBC News-Wall Street Journal poll found that only 34 percent of about 2,000 people who were surveyed thought so.

More recently, in an msnbc.com survey conducted after a televised debate in the run-up to the New Hampshire primary, when asked “Who stood out from the pack?” 76 percent of the more than 55,000 people who responded chose Rep. Ron Paul of Texas.

This indicated strong support for Paul among msnbc.com readers.

Hmm.  It would seem to me to show strong support for Paul among Paul supporters who found a link to the survey...
If the bandersnatch seems even mildly frumious, best to shun it.  Really. http://www.cctplastics.com

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2009, 12:00:04 PM »
Grading? I thought we could use one of these =(
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams