Author Topic: Kim Jong Il Dead  (Read 13239 times)

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Kim Jong Il Dead
« on: December 18, 2011, 10:43:24 PM »
Quote from: old thread title
"Ding dong

the witch is dead, the witch is dead."

I'm seeing reports that Kim Jong Il has croaked.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 01:00:57 PM by lee n. field »
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: "Ding, dong
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 10:55:10 PM »
Would it be bad if I didn't get all choked up and teary-eyed?

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 10:57:09 PM »
Now watch the North Korean people cry over him as though he was Jesus Christ, just as they did with his father. What a sick society. I hope that regime collapses and those poor people can be deprogrammed from decades of terror, indoctrination and blind faith.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2011, 11:05:09 PM »
So I wonder if the military will support the third son, a 20-something, with no military or political experience?  He was anointed as Kim's successor just earlier this year.  The older sons were apparently on the outs with Kim. 

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2011, 11:05:48 PM »
I'm glad he can't harm the people of his country anymore, but I fear for what will come from a country of racist midgets with nuclear weapons and a power vacuum.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2011, 11:06:28 PM »
It could be bad, his son is not particularly bright but probably well trained in the family business. And he's young. The people of NK deserve a whole lot better.

But other than that? Ha Ha.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2011, 11:14:58 PM »
While I wish for no mans death I do heartily approve of the development.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
North Korea's Kim Jong Il dies at 69
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2011, 11:23:55 PM »
http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/story/2011-12-18/north-korea-leader-dies/52058036/1

Like that fake Mark Twain quote, "I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure," I read the above...

Who the heck am I kidding?  Yeah, I wished the sick SOB would get the Ceaușescu/Il Duce treatment every time I read about him or North Korea.

Two complaints:
1. Too Late.
2. Too Easy.

"No tyrant should ever be allowed to die a natural death."
----Standing Wolf
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2011, 11:44:25 PM »
the witch is dead, the witch is dead."

I'm seeing reports that Kim Jong Il has croaked.

I see I'm not the only one who thought of that.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2011, 01:13:19 AM »
Hopefully, the acorn has not fallen too close to the tree.

Glad to hear of the Psycho's demise....
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2011, 01:15:01 AM »
There was an impromptu toast and round of drinks at the bar when we heard.
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2011, 06:18:35 AM »
So.....what now?.....  =|
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2011, 06:31:27 AM »
So.....what now?.....  =|

Status quo with a much younger and possibly more unstable leader.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2011, 07:42:05 AM »
Status quo with a much younger and possibly more unstable leader.
No *expletive deleted*it! Junior will probably dress like Marilyn while watching her movies in the private theater.....
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2011, 08:22:57 AM »
You know this could be a good use of all these troops that just left Iraq and have nothing better to do than sit around Kuwait.  I mean if they aren't going to send them home.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Kim Jong Il Dead
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2011, 09:14:16 AM »
Kim Jong Il dies of a heart attack.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-16239693

Good riddance.

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: Kim Jong Il Dead
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2011, 09:18:41 AM »
Being discussed already over here in Politics:  http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=32743.0

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2011, 09:33:49 AM »
Duplicate topics merged. Changed title to that of the dupe to reduce more dupes. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2011, 10:25:19 AM »
Local paper says this may " . . . delay US food aid . . . "

What the %$#@ are we doing, even COSIDERING FOOD AID to a nation that has thumbed it's nose at us so often? A nation that torpedoed an allied ship, shelled allied territory, and continues its nuke program? For crying out loud, the Nork ARMY will get 1st call on any food that goes there!   :facepalm:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2011, 10:27:25 AM »

What the %$#@ are we doing, even COSIDERING FOOD AID to a nation that has thumbed it's nose at us so often? A nation that torpedoed an allied ship, shelled allied territory, and continues its nuke program? For crying out loud, the Nork ARMY will get 1st call on any food that goes there!   :facepalm:

http://www.startribune.com/nation/135640958.html

We were giving them food previously.

Yes, we some people in this country seriously are that stupid. We They support a hostile, oppressive regime because of "humanitarian" reasons.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2011, 10:53:06 AM »
We give lots of money, food, and other aid to a wide variety of shi**ty countries. Why?  Hell if I know.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2011, 11:17:05 AM »

What the %$#@ are we doing, even COSIDERING FOOD AID to a nation that has thumbed it's nose at us so often? A nation that torpedoed an allied ship, shelled allied territory, and continues its nuke program? For crying out loud, the Nork ARMY will get 1st call on any food that goes there!   :facepalm:
Let the red bastards starve. Or not. Juche is all kinds of Awesome McCoolness, right?
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2011, 11:34:51 AM »
Prediction:

By Thursday, the NKs will accuse someone, probably the US, of causing the heart attack.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2011, 11:46:16 AM »
Doubtful, they've already pinned it on overwork.  He's working so hard to make their lives better and NK stronger, dontcha know.

Chris

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2011, 12:12:27 PM »
Let's see, Kim Il Sung, then Kim Jong Il, then Kim Jong Un..........I guess the son doesn't have a license to Il.  :lol:

(some of you may be too old or young to get that one)