Author Topic: Get married at 15 in Missouri  (Read 694 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Get married at 15 in Missouri
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 11:57:12 AM »
While I tend to agree that 15 is way too young for marriage, this statement is utter bullshit - “Fifteen-year-olds should be coloring in coloring books or something.”
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

zahc

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 12:29:04 PM »
My grandma got married at 15. My mom got married at 19.

As the father of two daughters, marriage at 15 years sounds about right. Just about the time they start to become independent, which is a natural thing, you marry them off and they become some other man's problem. I think it's society that is out of wack with biology.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 01:07:46 PM »
I continue to think that the concept of statutory rape in cases of consensual sexual activity needs some serious review and revision. Rather than automatically calling it "rape" if one of the two consenting parties is over 21 and the other is under 21, perhaps it should be based on the difference between their ages -- like more than ten years, or something like that. Or change the 21 to 25.

Or ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2018, 01:18:08 PM »
^^Here in Washington state, statutory rape, now called rape of a child in the RCW, has different degrees of offense based on the age range between the perpetrator and the victim.  The older the perpetrator, the more serious the charges.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

JN01

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2018, 03:27:00 PM »
While I tend to agree that 15 is way too young for marriage, this statement is utter bullshit - “Fifteen-year-olds should be coloring in coloring books or something.”

Why not?  College students do that while in their safe spaces trying to cope with the violence of being confronted with an idea they don't agree with.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2018, 07:06:33 PM »
Why not?  College students do that while in their safe spaces trying to cope with the violence of being confronted with an idea they don't agree with.
They may do it, but IMO the expectations for a 15 year old should be higher than that. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2018, 08:51:53 PM »
They may do it, but IMO the expectations for a 15 10 year old should be higher than that. 

FTFY
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams