Author Topic: Art and engineering.  (Read 1004 times)

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Art and engineering.
« on: March 21, 2018, 04:25:37 AM »
CASTLE BRIDGE PAINTING

https://orig00.deviantart.net/fd60/f/2015/062/3/f/ancient_seaside_castle_by_alexbostone-d8k9p23.jpg

Ancient Seaside Castle
by AlexBostone

This was a study in matte painting and perspective. I took inspiration from both ancient oriental architecture and medieval castles. Photomanipulation was used for many elements, including textures and custom brushes.

Nice art, I guess, but I kept looking for the skyhooks that held up that span.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: Art and engineering.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 07:26:25 AM »
Just like a real house... not a straight wall in sight.  And that tower at the far right.... built by Pisa?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 12:24:24 PM »
Didn't they just build a replica of that bridge in Florida?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 02:32:10 PM »
Castle interior must be remarkably dark and gloomy, given the dearth of openings in the walls.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 02:56:42 PM »
Didn't they just build a replica of that bridge in Florida?

Yes, but back then they used jungle vines for the tensioning elements instead of that stinkin', stretchy steel.

Just like a real house... not a straight wall in sight.  And that tower at the far right.... built by Pisa?

Well, no, that was part of the vine-tensioning system. =D

Actually, at first that and a couple of other things made me think the photograph of the actual painting was taken from an angle slightly higher than its center, and slightly from the left. That's just the way it hit me.  On the other hand, he says it was photoshopped, so ??? .

Castle interior must be remarkably dark and gloomy, given the dearth of openings in the walls.

And no gun ports, unless they're all facing out to sea on the other side.  Which kinda makes sense if it were a defensive work.  I kinda get the impression its intended to be some kind of lonesome monastic retreat.  But yes, their candle bills must be ridiculously high.

Terry
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 03:20:36 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.