Author Topic: E15 fuel released, but no one should use it  (Read 13080 times)

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
Re: E15 fuel released, but no one should use it
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2013, 06:30:38 PM »
There are 3 Conoco/76 stations that I frequently go by that advertise non-ethanol gas.  Apparently there is one refinery in Bellingham that still supplies E0.
Formerly sumpnz

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2013, 06:37:13 PM »
6hrs west.

Chris

oops  was thinking bristow   sorry
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2013, 06:48:03 PM »
Well, uh, he doesn't have much of a choice on the mixing part given it's done at the refinery, not on a retail-pump basis.  It's blended at the refinery based on regulatory and seasonal requirements.  

Brad

Not in Iowa, when a filling station has 89 octane gas delivered (E10 in Iowa), the fuel truck goes to the fuel depot to fill thier bulks, on the E10 the tank is 90% filled, so lets say 900 galloons to make it easy and on the way to the fule delivery site the truck stops buy a ehthanol depot and gets the 10% there. The fuel mixes on route on the truck.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2013, 10:30:22 PM »
Not in Iowa, when a filling station has 89 octane gas delivered (E10 in Iowa), the fuel truck goes to the fuel depot to fill thier bulks, on the E10 the tank is 90% filled, so lets say 900 galloons to make it easy and on the way to the fule delivery site the truck stops buy a ehthanol depot and gets the 10% there. The fuel mixes on route on the truck.

That's pretty much how I understand it's done around here too.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2013, 10:39:52 PM »
Question is, can the retailer request a non-oxygenated blend or is the distributor required by law to blend it regardless?  Quite honestly I wouldn't trust the retailer's answer.  I'd wager that most of them aren't even close to up to speed on the legalities of the fuel they sell and just trust that when they say "regular" they think it means.  Heck, for at least a decade after unleaded was completely and totally gone at the pump, I regularly heard people say their fuel was the "old good stuff" just because the distribution salespeople and the pump labels still used "Regular" to describe the lowest octane blend.

Actually, a better source of info would be the regulatory agency in your state.  They should know off the top of their head if oxygenated fuels are mandated, either statewide or by specific area.  They may even have it on their web site for quick reference.

Brad
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 10:51:47 PM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2013, 11:13:04 PM »
Screw it all. I want a Mr Fusion.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2013, 10:28:35 AM »
Screw it all. I want a Mr Fusion.

You can't have it, it's mine.  So there.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2013, 10:34:11 AM »
Not wanting to inadvertently put E15 into my car, I looked around to see if there were any labeling requirements for gas pumps that pump E15. Here in WI, at least, gas stations are required to label E15 pumps with an orange and black sticker: http://dnr.wi.gov/files/PDF/pubs/am/AM502.pdf.

I presume most states will require labeling E15 pumps. Is the orange and black sticker the standard, or unique to Wisconsin?
Andy