Author Topic: Transgender bias  (Read 1840 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Transgender bias
« on: December 12, 2022, 12:43:33 AM »
I'm posting this under "Politics" because I think politicians have been pushing gender-bending policies at us for years.

About ten years ago, a retired, highly decorated Navy SEAL made headlines by transitioning to [mostly] female. He/she/it went to hormone route, but stopped short of having the male parts removed. And now, he says it was a huge mistake, and he's going back to being a he.

Except that the Daily Mail won't let him.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11527307/Ex-Navy-SEAL-transitioned-male-female-says-hes-transitioning-BACK.html

What jumped out at me is that the article constantly refers to him using "they" and "their" as the pronoun -- even though I didn't see any mention of him choosing to use those pronouns. So the Mail won't refer to him as he/him/his, but in one passage referring to when he thought he was a woman, the Mail refers to him (?) as "she."

I view that as rampant hypocrisy.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

dogmush

• friend
Re: Transgender bias
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2022, 05:17:58 AM »
A retired Navy SEAL who made headlines after transitioning from a man to a woman has now decided to switch back to the sex of his birth after slamming trans activists he says 'took advantage' of him.

Kristin Beck, 55, is now detransitioning and reverting to his previous name Chris Beck - as he realized his sex change was 'the worst mistake' of his life after being given hormones following a one-hour consultation.

He came out as trans in an interview with Anderson Cooper in 2013. Beck underwent grueling facial feminization surgery, but stopped short of a full gender reassignment that would have switched his male genitalia for female private parts. 

Beck had an impeccable record having served in the Navy for 20 years including SEAL Team Six - the most highly trained elite force in the US military.

He was deployed 13 times and received more than 50 medals and ribbons for his service including a Purple Heart and Bronze Star - but he is now turning his attention to the health of young people who are considering making similar choices to hisown

??? Seems right to me.

I think the bigger story is how time and again you here of medical folks going the Trans route for their patients after laughably short exams or interviews. Both adults and teens, it seems like hormones and transitioning are one of the first treatments proposed.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 12:48:02 PM by dogmush »

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2022, 09:09:07 AM »
I think the bigger story is how time and again you here of medical folks going the Trans route for their patients after laughably short exams or interviews. Both adults and teens, it seems like hormones and transitioning are one of the first treatments proposed.
That part of the quote jumped out at me also.  That is a pretty quick decision for a life changing decision.  Not only does the doctor not know a damn thing about you after such a short time, but the patient should be taking a lot more time to consider things. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2022, 09:19:21 AM »
That part of the quote jumped out at me also.  That is a pretty quick decision for a life changing decision.  Not only does the doctor not know a damn thing about you after such a short time, but the patient should be taking a lot more time to consider things.

Obviously not science, but it seems up until maybe a decade or two ago, and for hundreds, if not thousands of years, some young females went through what we called a "tomboy phase". It was culturally accepted and expected and usually grown out of, even if the females continued enjoying otherwise "masculine" activities. Now it seems instead of waiting it out, the first thing we do is cut their tits off and tell them, they are actually males.

It's like regressing from modern medicine to drilling holes in peoples heads to release the evil spirits.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2022, 10:15:12 AM »
. . . Both adults and teens . . .
So long as I don't get billed for it, it's really not my business what other adults choose do to themselves. Stay out of my face and I'll leave you alone.

But anyone who does sex change treatments - be it chemical or surgical - on a minor needs to go to prison for a very, very long time.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2022, 12:01:13 PM »
It's not necessarily my business in a "there ought to be a law" sense, but I can recognize that it's probably not the best way to deal with mental health issues to jump straight to gender reassignment after a couple hours of talking.

To paraphrase Chris Rock:  "Sure you can, but that don't mean it's a good *expletive deleted*ing idea"

Pb

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2022, 12:33:22 PM »
dogmush... the Daily Mail changes back and forth from calling the man "he" and "him" and "she" and "they."

It is confusing, bizzare and stupid.

Evil ideologies and perversions don't just ruin the lives of lone, consenting adults minding their own business.

They spread to ruin the lives of others.  A fact which should now appear obvious to in the USA.

Once society compromises with evil (euthanasia, homosexual sodomy, abortion, transexualism) if spreads its tentacles to infest more and more of us... and gets more and more depraved.  The slippery slope fallacy isn't a fallacy when it comes to evil.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2022, 01:16:52 PM »

"Follow the money."   

"Gender transition" produces, at best, an artful fake.  The individual having that done will need medical support for the rest of "that there's" life.  Steady income stream for the clinic.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2022, 05:56:11 PM »
"Follow the money."   

"Gender transition" produces, at best, an artful fake.  The individual having that done will need medical support for the rest of "that there's" life.  Steady income stream for the clinic.
And note this "guy" never got the male bits chopped off. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2022, 05:58:09 PM »
So long as I don't get billed for it, it's really not my business what other adults choose do to themselves. Stay out of my face and I'll leave you alone.

But anyone who does sex change treatments - be it chemical or surgical - on a minor needs to go to prison for a very, very long time.
That has been the problem ever sense this stuff started.  Courts and others have demanded this elective surgery be paid for by the Govt or whatever insurance company that said they didn't cover it. 

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2022, 06:00:15 PM »

??? Seems right to me.

Hmmm ...

Updated 13 hours after the original posting. They have edited out all the "gender neutral" pronouns I saw last night and replaced them with "he" and "his."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2022, 07:42:04 PM »
It's not necessarily my business in a "there ought to be a law" sense

The libertarians always fall back on that but then say and do nothing when "the law" forces normal humans into treating the perverse, fake females and male mimics as if their lies are reality.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2022, 07:51:06 PM »
The libertarians always fall back on that but then say and do nothing when "the law" forces normal humans into treating the perverse, fake females and male mimics as if their lies are reality.

Da faq you want us to do?  I'm against those laws as well.

The problem is the vast majority of people are all about getting the government, or society, or whatever hierarchy, to enforce whatever it is idea they are sure is right at that moment.

Leftists make headway on laws, right wingers make headway on laws, no one will just mind their *expletive deleted*ing business, but somehow the only thing the right and left agree on is their authority hard on is the libertarians fault.

(Since text has no tone, the above is supposed to be exasperated chuckling, not anger or angst)

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2022, 08:07:46 PM »
Da faq you want us to do?  I'm against those laws as well.

The problem is the vast majority of people are all about getting the government, or society, or whatever hierarchy, to enforce whatever it is idea they are sure is right at that moment.

Leftists make headway on laws, right wingers make headway on laws, no one will just mind their *expletive deleted*ing business, but somehow the only thing the right and left agree on is their authority hard on is the libertarians fault.

(Since text has no tone, the above is supposed to be exasperated chuckling, not anger or angst)

Cthulu only seems to swim left to my way of seeing things. You're correct the left and right make headway on laws, laws promoting post modern nihilism (ie progressive leftism). Yes, there's two sides, the we need this change right now side and the let's do it but do it a little slower side. The libertarians seem to inhabit the edges of both sides. Meanwhile Cthulu swims left.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2022, 08:14:04 PM »
Cthulu only seems to swim left to my way of seeing things.

Confirmation Bias is a bitch.

I suspect, if polled, many of the women in Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, Idaho, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas and West Virginia would disagree on the "only goes left" statement.

Less controversially (at least here) so would the gun owners in the many states that are expanding or codifying gun rights. To say nothing of the various government agent protection laws around the country.

The political right is not as bereft of legal wins as it may seem.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2022, 11:09:58 PM »
Confirmation Bias is a bitch.

I suspect, if polled, many of the women in Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, Idaho, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas and West Virginia would disagree on the "only goes left" statement.

Less controversially (at least here) so would the gun owners in the many states that are expanding or codifying gun rights. To say nothing of the various government agent protection laws around the country.

The political right is not as bereft of legal wins as it may seem.

The rights to life and self defense aren't left or right but cross party lines being true human rights. Not the phony baloney plastic bananas the left pushes as "rights". 

Turning the abortion issue over to the states wasn't a clear cut win. It not only eliminated it's federal protection but it also eliminated the potentiality of federal laws outlawing it across the land. The rights "win" in this case pretty much guarantees babies will continue to be killed someplace in the USA at the hands of abortionists.

I'm sure my tone comes off harsher than intended as well dogmush.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2022, 11:52:02 PM »
I'm trying to no longer use trans or transgender. They are fakers and mimics.

They aren't transitioning into anything, they are what they are biologically and genetically.

If a naked fake female committed suicide in the local woods and was found six months later the folks examining the unidentified remains would call him what he is in reality, a male.

I'm not going along with the lie.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2022, 08:48:00 AM »
I'm trying to no longer use trans or transgender. They are fakers and mimics.

They aren't transitioning into anything, they are what they are biologically and genetically.

If a naked fake female committed suicide in the local woods and was found six months later the folks examining the unidentified remains would call him what he is in reality, a male.

I'm not going along with the lie.

IMHO a male dressing as a female but retaining male parts is, indeed, a trans -- a transvestite. Same applies to a female who dresses as a male.

Call it what it is. For a male to be a "transexual," IMHO he has to have the surgery before he can be a she.

The original media poster child for all this, former professional tennis player Renee Richards, had the surgery so (IMHO) she was entitled to call herself a woman. Bruce Jenner -- nope. Chelsea Manning? Nope.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2022, 08:52:15 AM »
... fake female ...
I prefer "mentally ill man" to "fake female".

Call it what it is. For a male to be a "transexual," IMHO he has to have the surgery before he can be a she.
No, surgery does not change sex.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2022, 08:56:31 AM »

Who would have known that Season 3, Episode 24 of Star Trek would have been so on point over 50 years later?

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2022, 09:54:00 AM »
Who would have known that Season 3, Episode 24 of Star Trek would have been so on point over 50 years later?

Perhaps telling that that was the very last episode of Star Trek.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2022, 10:01:24 AM »
The Capt Kirk has a vagina episode
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2022, 10:51:41 AM »

This.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2022, 12:45:25 PM »
a woman. Bruce Jenner -- nope. Chelsea Manning? Nope.

I believe both those have "had the work done".
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.