Author Topic: Coalition to Prevent Assault Weapon Violence  (Read 1231 times)

Blakenzy

• friend
Coalition to Prevent Assault Weapon Violence
« on: January 24, 2013, 12:36:44 PM »
Remember this organization?

http://www.assaultweaponwatch.com/

Man, I though these guys weren't around anymore. In light of recent events I am glad to see that they are still active, keeping an eye on things. Please volunteer and donate to keep everyone safe.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

slingshot

• friend
Re: Coalition to Prevent Assault Weapon Violence
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 01:18:08 PM »
Donate... are you crazy?
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 01:21:16 PM »
*giggles*
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 01:25:48 PM »
Donate... are you crazy?

You didn't look at the web site, did you.

=D
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 01:33:12 PM »
I SAW THE ONE MOVE! IT'S COMING FOR US!!!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 01:37:41 PM »
I SAW THE ONE MOVE! IT'S COMING FOR US!!!

Speaking of...

These guys put some real thought and effort (and money) into these rifles. But do they ever take them out to the range and have some fun?
If not, well, that there is dedication.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 01:40:48 PM »
Okay, I read more of their website....  still not going to donate.  Monitor assault weapon violence....  what does this accomplish?  They claim to be pro-gun.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 01:45:11 PM »
Okay, I read more of their website....  still not going to donate.  Monitor assault weapon violence....  what does this accomplish?  They claim to be pro-gun.

:facepalm:
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 01:47:55 PM »

It's a joke with a point, sling.

They are imitating the anti gun crowd while proving the point that "assult weapons" are not inherently evil or more dangorous then other guns.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 01:56:38 PM »
"Okay, I read more of their website....  still not going to donate.  Monitor assault weapon violence....  what does this accomplish?  They claim to be pro-gun."

Wow.

And people say Sheldon Cooper doesn't get sarcasm!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 03:51:03 PM »
"Okay, I read more of their website....  still not going to donate.  Monitor assault weapon violence....  what does this accomplish?  They claim to be pro-gun."

Wow.

And people say Sheldon Cooper doesn't get sarcasm!

Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 08:25:13 PM »
It has been:

8 years, 4 months, 11 days, or

436 weeks (rounded down), or

3055 days, or

73,320 hours, or

4,399,200 minutes, or

263,952,000 seconds

since Assault Weapon Watch was started on September 13, 2004.

During all that time, not one of the assault weapons being watched "went off" all by itself, or "spewed" hundreds (actually, any) of bullets that cut down innocent <noun>, and, most disappointingly, not one of them has been found in the street where it needed to be gotten off of.

How is it possible that Assault Weapon Watch managed to select three (3) dud assault weapons to watch?

stay safe.

If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

cambeul41

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2013, 05:12:03 PM »
I have  a continually evolving handout for those of my students who are interested in earning their CCW/CPLs, writing a research paper on gun rights, or even for anti-gun people who want to understand where we are coming from although none of that group has asked for the handout.

I have added http://www.assaultweaponwatch.com/ to the list of recommended websites. It will be interesting to see if they see the humor.
?It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.?
?Thomas Sowell