Author Topic: CNN+ goes Tango Uniform after only a month  (Read 1444 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
CNN+ goes Tango Uniform after only a month
« on: April 21, 2022, 12:45:57 PM »
CNN+ being shut down after just one month.

https://www.kcbd.com/2022/04/21/cnn-streaming-service-shut-down-one-month-after-launch/?fbclid=IwAR193FUk8V1JuQpgc4rbocIGChhrfawc3YdoTnZtxMPps2GdtYGIuuS3kR0

https://www.foxnews.com/media/warner-bros-discovery-pulls-plug-on-cnn-after-one-month

Let's examine the business model...

1) Network with viewership numbers in an unprecedented decline.
2) Network's political talking head shows are leading the plummet.
3) Network implements fee-based subscription streaming service with said talking heads as primary content.
4) Network advertises it as little as possible (news story's "highly publicized" comment is laughably out of touch).

How could it go wrong?

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: CNN+ goes Tango Uniform after only a month
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2022, 01:05:03 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2022, 01:06:16 PM »
Another relentlessly left-wing media source in a market that is already saturated with relentlessly left-wing media sources . . . with the "feature" that rather than being available for free (like so much other lefty programming) or included in an existing cable package, this required an additional fee.

In other words, a money grab targeting loyal gullible lefties. "Useful idiots" is a term that comes to mind.

Thing is, even with DVRs and on-demand features, there aren't enough hours in a day for the leftiest lefty to watch ALL the lefty programming already being offered.

What could go wrong?

:facepalm:  . . .  or, more appropriately . . .  :rofl:

(I can't help but be reminded of another lefty TV attempt around a decade ago that ended up with Al Gore & Al-Jazeera suing each other. Don't know how that turned out, don't particularly care. But it sure seemed funny at the time.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2022, 01:33:43 PM »
+1 to what Mike said.  =D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2022, 03:46:00 PM »
And a few members of the religion are now blaming Trump.
Blog under construction

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2022, 04:02:35 PM »
I didn't know they were doing this until I heard mention that it wasn't doing well.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2022, 05:39:42 PM »
Our free news ratings are a dumpster fire, what do we do?

I know let's charge for our crappy news.

Great idea!
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2022, 05:46:15 PM »
So who thought charging people to hear more "Orange Man Bad" when they're already dishing it out 24/7 for free would work?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2022, 06:01:44 PM »
Picked up a few talking points from a few of you and just posted this to my Facebook page...

"So, CNN is pulling the plug on its streaming for a fee service, CNN+... after a MONTH.

Given the absolute ratings dumpster fire CNN has been for the last several years I'm not sure why executives though people would be willing to pay for a service when they're not bothering to watch the free content.

Maybe they figured that if they could charge people to hear "ORANGE MAN BAD! EVERY REPUBLICAN IS RACIST! EVERY REPUBLICAN IS DONALD TRUMP!" every 30 seconds 24 hours a day they'd believe it just a little more fervently?

I can only hope that the culling of the executives is going to rival Stalin's Great Purge for its sheer intensity...

I need to get me some popcorn!"

I'm predicting several people on my friends list are going to lose their minds at that....

Thank you all for your assistance in triggering them...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2022, 06:08:03 PM »
I'd like to be a fly on the wall in their meeting with Chris Wallace. I'm betting he's now wishing that he didn't jump on the orange man bad woke "all the cool liberal kids like me now" bandwagon.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2022, 06:17:33 PM »
What I can't understand is how Don Lemon hasn't gotten the axe after his role in the Jussie Smolette fiasco was revealed...

My only guess on that is that he's a multiple protected species (black, gay, hard left liberal) and he's one of the only on the air personalities who actually draws anything even resembling a viewer base.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2022, 08:51:24 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

HankB

• friend
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2022, 10:49:43 PM »
I'd like to be a fly on the wall in their meeting with Chris Wallace. I'm betting he's now wishing that he didn't jump on the orange man bad woke "all the cool liberal kids like me now" bandwagon.
Chris Wallace has been leaning left for a long time now, well before his Fox News gig. I remember when Pat Buchanan was running in the GOP primary, and Chris Wallace asked what he clearly thought would be a "gotcha" question: "Would there be any place for DAVID DUKE in a Buchanan administration?"

"No."  A one word answer from Pat B., clear, succinct, and to the point. Then . . . an awkward silence.

Chris Wallace's disappointment was palpable.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2022, 03:25:25 AM »

Savage

CNN+ makes Air America look like 60 Minutes.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2022, 07:42:06 AM »
One more thing about the true believers of the pseudoreligion:

They are not allowed to understand how anyone else could have a different viewpoint.
Blog under construction

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Perd Hapley

• friend

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2022, 11:58:24 AM »

Heard elsewhere: Maybe Chris Wallace can do PR for David Hogg's pillow company.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2022, 12:24:57 PM »
I'm just shocked how these seemingly insightful news people couldn't recognize just how dead this horse was before they hitched their wagons to it...

https://deadline.com/2022/04/cnn-plus-chris-wallace-discovery-warner-media-1235007967/

Love the pissy quote/question from Wallace's producer spurred by people celebrating C minus minus's demise... "Can't people be human for once?"

Well, when you *expletive deleted*ers stop celebrating when conservatives have problems we'll consider it.

Until then, I hear the government may be handing out free cheese.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2022, 01:01:29 PM »
Kamala Harris' presidential primary campaign lasted longer than CNN+.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2022, 01:33:18 PM »
It's human to celebrate a defeat for the enemy of the people.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2022, 02:53:54 PM »

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2022, 05:05:48 PM »
And, I just got a snarky comment from one of my friends (a true friend, known him since college) on the whole CNN Plus thing....

I noted that someone here pointed out that Kamala's run for president lasted longer than CNN Plus did.

He comes back with "And longer than all 3 Trump touted social-media platforms."

My response...

"but still a lot shorter than his 4 years as president..."

>:D

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2022, 11:13:27 PM »
Is Truth Social over?

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2022, 08:27:15 AM »
Is Truth Social over?

Nope.  According to the story I read a couple of days ago, they just moved it over to the cloud service set up by the Rumble video folks.  Supposedly this will increase system capacity and eliminate the waiting list for signing up to Truth Social.  Apparently there was a very long waiting list for signing up.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.