Author Topic: forget tinfoil hats, silver is the new tinfoil  (Read 782 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
forget tinfoil hats, silver is the new tinfoil
« on: March 21, 2021, 02:32:24 PM »
https://www.amazon.com/Protection-Radiation-Shielding-Efficiency-Microwaves/dp/B088M1NXG1

I keep getting ads for this on facebook, I think some advertising exec is insulting me-on the other hand, maybe I need one?
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: forget tinfoil hats, silver is the new tinfoil
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2021, 02:40:16 PM »
https://www.amazon.com/Protection-Radiation-Shielding-Efficiency-Microwaves/dp/B088M1NXG1

I keep getting ads for this on facebook, I think some advertising exec is insulting me-on the other hand, maybe I need one?

How do we know for sure whether or not this a ploy and it doesn't actually amplifies the effects?  [tinfoil]
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2021, 02:58:27 PM »
3M Velostat is the only suitable material to protect your head from rays.

http://www.stopabductions.com/
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2021, 05:58:00 PM »

Interesting.  Most of what they show me is ever more insane plague mask ads.  That, and ads for a company looking to make "autonomous security bots"* that look like giant mobile "anal focus toys"**.

*(Have these people read no science fiction whatsoever?  "What could possibly go wrong?")
**---delete---
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 03:52:45 PM by lee n. field »
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2021, 06:03:51 PM »
So that libertarian guy who took so much colloidal silver that he turned blue would be totally protected?
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

griz

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2021, 12:01:31 AM »
I like this part of the ad.  It seems an inclusive list, but apparently not. (bolding is mine)

The Halsa EMF Blocking Hat can be used by people of all ages including but not limited to: children, teens, adults and elderly.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2021, 05:18:43 AM »
3M Velostat is the only suitable material to protect your head from rays.

http://www.stopabductions.com/

I think mu-metal is best. Besides, fabricate it thick enough and it will ward off broadsword blows.

Also, spelling it as µ-metal adds a certain sciency flavor to it and also adds advertising flair.

Barry, 856GK

REF:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mu-metal
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

griz

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2021, 09:10:16 AM »
I think it was Steven Colbert who pointed out that if a statement was Sciency it added some Truthiness to it.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2021, 10:11:04 AM »
Do they have just a ball cap?  No one wears a hat like that down here in the summer months.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2021, 10:15:46 AM »
Do they have just a ball cap?  No one wears a hat like that down here in the summer months.

All the cool ANTIFA kids wear beanies under their hoodies in the hot summer sun.

And BTW there are "EMF blocking" ball caps on Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/RadiArmor-EMF-Blocking-Hat-Frequency/dp/B08BZ6DC55/ref=psdc_318142011_t2_B088M1NXG1

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2021, 10:27:34 AM »
Considering the fact that most of the stuff these things claim to block pass through walls and buildings how much of it can a hat actually block?
- Calvin and Hobbes

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2021, 11:25:33 AM »
Considering the fact that most of the stuff these things claim to block pass through walls and buildings how much of it can a hat actually block?

Well, it claims to use a silver Faraday fabric, so ..... [tinfoil]  ...... maybe it works great!  =D
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2021, 01:54:07 PM »
Typed in "EMF blocking hat test" in YT and 99% of the results were videos from people pushing the things. Maybe when I feel like wasting time I'll try to find one or more that aren't trying to sell the things.
- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2021, 03:53:43 PM »
So that libertarian guy who took so much colloidal silver that he turned blue would be totally protected?

Papa Smurf is either immune, or the Alpha Manchurian at this point.   [tinfoil] =D

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2021, 03:56:58 PM »
I think mu-metal is best. Besides, fabricate it thick enough and it will ward off broadsword blows.

Also, spelling it as µ-metal adds a certain sciency flavor to it and also adds advertising flair.

Barry, 856GK

REF:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mu-metal

I actually need some of that for my gamma spectroscope test chamber.  It helps isolate the probe from background noise that might cause spurious signals.