Main Forums > The Roundtable

Worst Wikipedia ever!

(1/3) > >>

Perd Hapley:
Check out their entry for this wacky preacher, Tony Alamo:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Alamo

--- Quote ---Tony Alamo (born 1934) as Bernie Lazar Hoffman, a American preacher, singer, entrepreneur and evangelist. He runs one of the largest fundamentalist organizations in the world, and is exposing the false doctrine of Roman Catholicism, believing the Pope is an Antichrist as written in the [Image:Noforgiveness.jpg La Times article]. Converted in 1964 is renowned for being the preacher who has the hearing ears from God and the preacher who really tells it like it is. Tony Alamo is the real thing, the real deal.
--- Quote ---The church's enormous growth and success also attracted the attention of the Cult Awareness Network (CAN). CAN has a significant ideological and financial interest in the destruction of churches and so-called "new religions" they unlawfully deem illegitimate, particularly those which demonstrate success in attracting large numbers of converts among young people.  CAN went after Mr. Alamo and his ministry in the worst tradition of the Salem witch hunts, the 19th century attacks on the Mormons, and other examples of religious intolerance.I didn't know Wiki even allowed such biased nonsense.  

Share your Bad Wiki sightings.

Firethorn:

--- Quote from: fistful ---I didn't know Wiki even allowed such biased nonsense.  

Share your Bad Wiki sightings.Wiki Standard Encyclopedia

Wikipedia doesn't practice much editorial control over entries, trusting instead in group editing and moderation.  There was a case where a biased group got a few trusted editors and they started approving some biased articles, so procedures were adjusted.

Thing is, something as obscure as Tony Alamo probably doesn't get pulled up often.

If you're so concerned about it, I suggest that you register with them and become an editor.

Perd Hapley:
Concerned?  No, I just thought it was hilarious.  I haven't wikied that much, so I was surprised to see it.

Iain:
Was there not a case of an editing war taking place on a politicians profile and most of the IP's coming from Capitol Hill?

mfree:
Bring it to their attention, or flag it as biased yourself. That's the beauty of things at Wiki....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version