Author Topic: George HW Bush! RIP  (Read 2127 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
George HW Bush! RIP
« on: December 01, 2018, 12:18:27 AM »
just saw it on drudge, i guess he will be voting democrat from now on.
I hope his family has some peace in their time of grief
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: George HW Bush! RIP
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 12:23:32 AM »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 12:43:29 AM »
Didn't like his politics in many ways.  But, hopefully he's with God now.  RIP, and thanks for the service in WWII.
Formerly sumpnz

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 12:50:06 AM »
My wife and I were discussing about how he would likely die fairly soon after his wife did.  And so it happened.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 07:00:52 AM »
Bush 41,  much like his kid later,  was a slightly better choice than his dhimmicrat rival.  I never felt he was a particularly good President.  He was a dhimmicrat at heart,  a globalist.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2018, 07:18:53 AM »
Just like in the past, I will remind our members that grave dancing and bashing isn't appropriate in a thread discussing the passing of anyone besides Stalin, Lenin or Fistful. 
All of the moderators feel the same way, and the ban hammer may be used judiciously if anyone's posts are out of hand.
That is all.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2018, 09:30:41 AM »
RIP. Whatever his politics, he spent his entire adult life in service to his country, for genuine love of country. Plus skydiving into his 90s certainly showed a zest for life. Now he doesn't even need the plane anymore. :)

Like Millcreek I thought they seemed like a couple where, especially at their age, once one went, the other wouldn't be far behind. He certainly seemed to lose some of that zest for life after Barbara died.

+1 to what Jamis said. Problem with the guy's politics? Start a polite thread to debate it. No grave dancing or smarmy remarks in a RIP thread.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2018, 09:32:54 AM »
RIP

Can't imagine going on that much longer after losing my spouse either.  They were married for what, 73 years?  Thats a long run.

Politics?,  Whatever, at least he had class.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2018, 03:48:01 PM »
War Hero, CIA director, VP and US President.   Along with loving husband and father.   RIP Sir, on a life well lived.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2018, 04:19:26 PM »
As a young man, he served his country well. As president, he served his country as best HE could. For that he has my upmost respect.
RIP President GHWB!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2018, 04:34:11 PM »
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2018, 06:03:42 PM »
IMO, he was the last president who was truly qualified to do the foreign policy part of the president’s job. RIP.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

RoadKingLarry

• friends
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

HankB

• friend
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2018, 07:45:43 PM »
Like a couple of million other guys, he served his country honorably during WWII.

Read my lips - may he Rest In Peace.

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2018, 08:22:32 AM »
The local DC news radio which of course leans a little left trotted out a bunch of old school retired reporters who served in the white house pool during GHB's term. None had bad things to say about how he treated them and how he was as a person.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2018, 12:08:25 AM »

« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 01:42:16 AM by Amy Schumer »
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2018, 05:31:34 AM »
There's a saying that you can a lot about a person by how they treat people that can't do anything for them.  My understanding is that George HW Bush took the time to get to know all the people who worked in the White House, The families, the hobbies, and interests. You can tell the USSS admired and respected "Timberwolf".

https://twitter.com/SecretService/status/1068920605720936448?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1068920605720936448%7Ctwgr%5E363937393b70726f64756374696f6e&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitchy.com%2Fbrettt-3136%2F2018%2F12%2F01%2Fdecent-and-honorable-novelist-brad-meltzer-delivers-heartfelt-remembrance-of-george-h-w-bush%2F
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2018, 01:03:08 PM »
Guy I worked with worked in several White Houses, including Reagan, Bush, Clinton and Bush.

Said Reagan and both Bushes and their families were fantastic people.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2018, 08:00:31 PM »
Katie and I watched most of the service today. We both teared up when W spoke. I thought it was very well done and appreciated that they didn't politicize the funeral (*cough cough* McCaine *cough cough*)
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2018, 08:05:03 PM »
Katie and I watched most of the service today. We both teared up when W spoke. I thought it was very well done and appreciated that they didn't politicize the funeral (*cough cough* McCaine *cough cough*)

Agree. Props to Trump for actually sitting there quietly. The closest thing I saw to politicizing was Hillary giving most everyone - even the Obamas - the cold shoulder. From what I saw, she was the only one who didn't shake hands with W during the standard W/Michelle Obama candy hand off.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

freakazoid

• friend
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2018, 10:22:43 PM »
Behar can go drink bleach.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2018, 10:46:31 PM »
Agree. Props to Trump for actually sitting there quietly. The closest thing I saw to politicizing was Hillary giving most everyone - even the Obamas - the cold shoulder. From what I saw, she was the only one who didn't shake hands with W during the standard W/Michelle Obama candy hand off.

It just goes to show that even Hillary has class.

"Low" is a class, isn't it?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design