Author Topic: What?  (Read 2337 times)

Blakenzy

• friend
What?
« on: March 02, 2010, 05:20:41 PM »
Is it true that the National Intelligence Director Dennis Blair can have U.S. Citizens killed with out any form of trial? I have been picking up reports of his hit list of 400 individuals(Citizens) but have not been able to find a mayor news source. Considering that power to arrest and indefinitely detain even U.S. citizens without formally charging them with any crime is pretty much a given, I am lead to believe it probably is true.  :police: [tinfoil] :police:
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: What?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 05:22:14 PM »
Yes, but they're only killing bad people so it's all okay  :lol:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 06:08:53 PM »
Yes there is a list and the names on the list change day to day.  Your name just went to the top because of asking this question.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 06:44:40 PM »
Yes there is a list and the names on the list change day to day.  Your name just went to the top because of asking this question.

Whew!.....thanks for taking the pressure off, friend....  :cool:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 07:38:26 PM »
You're kidding, right?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 08:39:14 PM »
Looks like I picked the wrong day to quit sniffing glue.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 09:43:41 PM »

Bwahahahaha! What airline did you say you flew for again? =D
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 10:43:07 PM »

Nope. I was putting together a model, glue odor was everywhere. I stoped to check APS. Read the above. And still said "WTF".
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

BReilley

• Just a frog in a pond.
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2010, 11:37:23 PM »
Blakenzy, this kind of post is known as a "drive-by post" here at APS.  If you're going to bring up some batshit conspiracy theory, at least post a link.  Seeing as you're a newish(or at least infrequent) poster, you're likely to be ignored and ridiculed(see above) if you don't offer sources.

Here, Google and I took 0.24 seconds and found one for you.
http://pubrecord.org/nation/6905/governments-secret-list/
Now, that's not exactly what I'd call a major media outlet.  Judging from the op-eds they offer, they're politically listing to port.  All the same, it's linky.

After applying the BS filter to the article, I would imagine that yes, Important People in our government do in fact keep a watch list of Bad People across the world.  Some of them may also be Americans.  It is well that such Bad People are being kept track of, left they freely perpetrate Bad Things upon the innocent.

Anyway, does the "hit list" have teeth?  With regard to "real" terrorists(i.e. the Christmas-day wangbomber, not a respectable dude wearing a pistol at a political rally), the current government won't even let an agent fart during an interview without a public apology and a re-Mirandizing, so I'm gonna say probably not.  The article pretty much says that Blair does not possess unchecked power, and that if he wishes to act he must be authorized by the President.  The article suggests that most names on the list are not US citizens.  But yes, it apparently does exist.

One of the best running gags in the whole movie.  Maybe in the history of movies =D
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 11:40:50 PM by BReilley »

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2010, 11:55:18 PM »
When they come after me I hope they get that guy in New York.

That will teach him to steal my identity. :mad:

jim
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2010, 04:03:25 AM »
Seeing as you're a newish(or at least infrequent) poster, you're likely to be ignored and ridiculed(see above) if you don't offer sources.

Well, I stated that I had found reports(yes, I did the standard tenth of a second Google search), but that none were from an established, mayor news source (so what's the point of posting flaky sources), considering the APS to have a crowd that is usually informed and  keeps up to date, and after an unsuccessful use of the forum search function, I posted asking if it was true (does anyone else have information confirming or denying it).

Then I said that considering that some questionable policies and actions used overseas eventually end up on US soil (or end up being applied on US Citizens) I am lead to believe that it could be true. Then, as a final caveat I used the tinfoil smiley indicating that yes, it does have a looney conspiracy ring to it, and it may not be your cup of tea.

EDIT: ok, through an in-text link found on a shady page I finally reached a more "mainstream" news outlet talking about it: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/license-kill-intelligence-chief-us-american-terrorist/story?id=9740491&page=1
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 04:26:15 AM by Blakenzy »
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2010, 09:38:22 AM »
Your last post makes way more sense than your first one in this thread.  It was a driveby  [tinfoil] post.  Please keep in mind for future postings that that behavior is generally not tolerated, especially on the politics board.  Thank you for following up with a news source.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2010, 06:07:46 PM »
When they come after me I hope they get that guy in New York.

That will teach him to steal my identity. :mad:

jim

like the guy who stole the id of a guy wanted for murder?  that had to suck getting pulled over and finding that out
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2010, 11:19:18 PM »
Nope. I was putting together a model, glue odor was everywhere. I stoped to check APS. Read the above. And still said "WTF".
Fly320's got that special poppy laced glue. [popcorn] it's whats for dinner. =D