Author Topic: Health Care Moves to Senate Debate  (Read 7463 times)

Fjolnirsson

• friends
  • The Anti-Claus
Re: Health Care Moves to Senate Debate
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2009, 08:46:52 PM »
I'm just trying to figure out whether they simply don't care, are truly oblivious, or have become so arrogant as to actually believe they will be untouchable in the 2010 elections.

Yes.
Hi.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2009, 09:39:36 PM »
But they don't have to cross the border.  You have to understand, the border crossed them.   :mad:

in soviet mexico, border crosses you? [tinfoil]

sorry man, i probably need to stop postin' on pain meds  :angel:

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2009, 10:38:09 PM »
I just hope some Senate Republican's give a damn is broke and that he spikes the bill with an amendment that blows up the debate.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
16M uninsured U.S. citizens pay a penalty tax. 8M uninsured illegals don't
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2009, 11:04:04 PM »
No, I am not making this up.

http://keithhennessey.com/2009/11/21/penalty-tax-inequity/

Reid bill: 16M uninsured U.S. citizens pay a penalty tax. 8M uninsured illegal aliens do not.

Under Leader Reid’s amendment, in the year 2019 about 16 million U.S. citizens would be uninsured and be forced to pay a penalty tax of almost $800 per year.  About eight million illegal aliens would be uninsured and would owe no penalty tax.  Both groups would get their health care through a combination of out-of-pocket spending and use of uncompensated care in emergency rooms and free health clinics.

(much more at the link)
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2009, 12:38:08 AM »
The faster they swap out the "legacy" population of the United States the faster they will seize permanent control.  It should come as no surprise whose side they are really on.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2009, 05:57:36 AM »
Of course it's not going to take a year to pass. The current administration regime only has 3.5 years of smash-and-grab politics left.

If we are lucky.

You're being so negative...after all, there's an election coming up next year where we can all hope for a change.  The "experts" don't foresee a complete changeover, but they were wrong about some pretty significant governors' races this month, too.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2009, 08:23:54 AM »
Passage in the senate ain't a done deal.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1109/29798.html

Far too many fault lines in the senate much less the house for anything to be certain.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2009, 09:14:33 PM »
Passage in the senate ain't a done deal.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1109/29798.html

Far too many fault lines in the senate much less the house for anything to be certain.

This has been said all along about the legislation.  All the whining and knashing of teeth: "This is going to be so difficult to pass.  Too many representatives disagree with all or part of the bill."  And yet the House managed to get the original version through almost painlessly on a Saturday evening with almost every member present.  The close vote was a consequence of the members looking for political cover come November 2010.

Now the Senate has voted to start debate, again with little fanfare (and a few bribes) on a Saturday night.  Mark my words: once debate starts, it will be over in a week, and the same tools that voted to start debate will vote for the bill in its current incarnation.  Then it's on to reconciliation.
To believe otherwise is to be whistling past the graveyard, IMO.

Edit: Smokescreen comment changed to clarify my intended meaning re: political cover.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 07:30:37 AM by RocketMan »
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Fjolnirsson

• friends
  • The Anti-Claus
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2009, 09:52:11 PM »
This has been said all along about the legislation.  All the whining and knashing of teeth: "This is going to be so difficult to pass.  Too many representatives disagree with all or part of the bill."  And yet the House managed to get the original version through almost painlessly on a Saturday evening with almost every member present.  The close vote was a smokescreen.

Now the Senate has voted to start debate, again with little fanfare (and a few bribes) on a Saturday night.  Mark my words: once debate starts, it will be over in a week, and the same tools that voted to start debate will vote for the bill in its current incarnation.  Then it's on to reconciliation.
To believe otherwise is to be whistling past the graveyard, IMO.

Yep. Look at all the noise about how people were going to stall debate by reading the bill, blah, blah, blah. Didn't happen. The fix is in, folks, they are gonna pass this, unless a miracle occurs(what, I don't know), Not a single one of our senators is going to stand up and fight this, beyond some mumbled words.
Hi.