Author Topic: Obama's self-made Sarah Palin problem  (Read 7442 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Obama's self-made Sarah Palin problem
« on: April 11, 2010, 11:38:44 PM »
The recent cat fight between Obama and Sarah Palin is just another example of our president's inexperience.

The liberals have been trying to marginalize and neutralize Palin using every method available. They see her as a threat.

After she criticized his new policy on nukes, he should have let a surrogate respond to her attacks. Instead, Obama went after her himself. In doing so, he's giving her legitimacy. When the president of the United States gets into a public dispute with another public figure, people pay attention.

He also gave her more ammunition with which to fire a second volley.

I would have thought his handlers would keep him from making such a mistake.

Nick1911

• Administrator
Re: Obama's self-made Sarah Palin problem
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 11:41:49 PM »
I haven't been paying any attention at all.  Is this recent to this last week?

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 07:22:57 AM »
Our POTUS may have some wiles and base craftiness, but he is bereft of wisdom.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 10:32:43 AM »
to repeat(err paraphrase) myself(if i could remember where i posted it i would quote myself, that's always fun)

"The problem isn't THE obama being in over his head, it's that his handlers are in over there heads as well. =("

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 10:35:08 AM »
to repeat(err paraphrase) myself(if i could remember where i posted it i would quote myself, that's always fun)

"The problem isn't THE obama being in over his head, it's that his handlers are in over there heads as well. =("

Part of wisdom and experience is picking the best good competent advisors.

Yet again we see amateur hour at the White House rearing its head.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 10:53:36 AM »
I agree on all counts.  

He apparently didn't get a lot of experience dealing with disagreement and criticism while in Chicago.  He isn't handling it well and isn't showing very good leadership.  You can tell he isn't used to dealing with disagreement with his 15 minute response to the lady asking about taxes.  Someone like Bill Clinton would have done a whole lot better.

As far as his advisers, many people think Bush was or is an idiot, but he was at least smart enough to bring people with more experience than he had.  I remember people actually criticizing him for it back then.  Personally, I felt that showed some smarts.  

In general, most VP candidates on losing tickets are irrelevant.  No one cares.  IMO, the Democrats constant attempts to attack and destroy Palin only enhances her media presence and puts her in the spot light.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 11:14:21 AM »
You can't even see Russia from Chicago  :P
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2010, 11:15:15 AM »
You can't even see Russia from Chicago  :P

You've OBVIOUSLY never been in the Sears Tower.  :laugh:
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2010, 12:41:29 PM »
Here, I solve national debt.

1. Invite Sarah to the WH for a policy sit-down.
2. Initiate hair pulling cat fight between her and Michelle.
3. ??? (Sell tickets, popcorn, and TV rights)
4. Profit!
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2010, 01:00:39 PM »
GW never went after the media or other critics. Clinton had his bouts with the media and some enemies, but he didn't do something this stupid. He'd let Stephanopolous go after the media on policy, and Hillary on bimbo eruptions.

Most people don't know what Sarah Palin was saying about his nuclear policy. When he attacks her, the press reports what she said, or the people go looking for what she said. Some of them find themselves agreeing with her. Palin 1, Obama 0.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2010, 01:01:20 PM »
Now if you said Sarah Palin v. Obama Girl (or any other woman that doesn't look like James Brown in drag), you might be on to something. 

I seem to remember at least one instance in which Bush scolded the media, but that was not at all like picking out a failed VP candidate to call her a dummy. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2010, 01:50:42 PM »
You've OBVIOUSLY never been in the Sears Tower.  :laugh:

Oh, the Seers Tower  :P

I got stuck up there once but an eagle came and rescued me  =D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2010, 02:19:55 PM »
I have too say, as foolish as this remark was, it doesn't even touch his chastisement of the Supreme Court, with members present, during the State of the Union address. That seems to me the pinnacle of poor taste and judgment combined with political ineptitude.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2010, 04:17:47 PM »
I have too say, as foolish as this remark was, it doesn't even touch his chastisement of the Supreme Court, with members present, during the State of the Union address. That seems to me the pinnacle of poor taste and judgment combined with political ineptitude.
Actually his attack on SCOTUS demonstrated insufferable arrogance and profound ignorance of our form of government.  SCOTUS is a co-equal branch of government; not the stepchild.  He just loves "in your face" conflict when he thinks he as the upper hand. 
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2010, 05:07:22 PM »
Not to mention his frequent deriding of citizens who criticize him. Contrast that with Bush's very restrained language about his critics.

And then the cops behaving stupidly remark, the bitter clingers, etc. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2010, 05:23:31 PM »

No, the pinnacle was when he went around the world and apologized for us being us. What's next, our navy start dipping the flag first?
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2010, 05:46:47 PM »
French G, I stand corrected.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2010, 01:22:14 AM »
>I got stuck up there once but an eagle came and rescued me  grin<

Did you make it out with all your fingers?
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2010, 09:58:11 AM »
>I got stuck up there once but an eagle came and rescued me  grin<

Did you make it out with all your fingers?
I think he did, but he lost his walking stick.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2010, 11:57:15 AM »
I think he did, but he lost his walking stick.

and my hair turned white  ;)