Author Topic: DoJ Tells White Male Bulling Victims "Tough luck"  (Read 7410 times)

CSM Kersh

Sam A. Kersh
NRA Patron
csmkersh@thegunnerslair.com
My Web Page
When Seconds count the police are only minutes away.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Re: DoJ Tells White Male Bulling Victims "Tough luck"
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 11:07:37 AM »
Well, I guess the only way for a bullied white kid (or a black kid being bullied by another black kid) to get help is to start walking with a swish. That or learn to hit back.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 11:45:23 AM »
You know, I'm actually OK with the position DOJ takes in that article.

Quote from: DOJ Dude
We can only take action where we have legal authority,” wrote DOJ spokeswoman Xochitl Hinojosa in a December 2010 e-mail to The Washington Times Water Cooler. She continues:

“As stated in the website below, we are statutorily authorized to initiate suits under Title IV of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Equal Educational Opportunities Act of 1974, and under Title III of the American with Disabilities Act.

At least someone in fed.gov thinks that there is a limit on their authority.

I think the real problem with this article is:
Here in the United States, the Obama administration has made school bullying a federal issue.

There's no reason, absent a pattern of school supported bullying against a specific group, that the fed.gov need to concern itself with the administration of local schools.

DOJ's right.  Unless this falls under one of the laws they're charged with enforcing, a kid stealing lunch money is none of their business.

CSM Kersh

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 02:18:07 PM »

IMNSHO, DoJ is wrong. Oh, I don't mind them not stepping in when it's a white, I object to them stepping in at all.  NOTFB!

Sam A. Kersh
NRA Patron
My Web Page

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 02:37:07 PM »
very true.  they got their nose into the tent when various states engaged in egregious conduct beyond the pale and now we need them far less but they are reluctant to give up any part of their fief.  its about power and money
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Seenterman

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 10:45:50 AM »
Holy crap on a cracker. The DOJ is going to start investigating bullying? School Bullying? WTF!? Don't they have more important things to do?  Isn't this what principal are for? Anyone starting to feel like our gov wants to turn everyone into felons. Once again I must turn to comedians to make a point about our government's laws.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/151849/the-free-eric-cartman-now-committee

I swear I'd feel better at night if Matt Stone and Trey Parker where elected POTUS and First Lady. They can fight over who's the first lady. 

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 07:38:11 PM »
I'd like to see statistics on who most of the school bullies are, but we know that's not going to happen, the results might be unpalatable.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 09:00:44 PM »
I'd like to see statistics on who most of the school bullies are, but we know that's not going to happen, the results might be unpalatable.

Faculty..?   ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011, 09:10:32 PM »
Faculty..?   ;)

I remember being screamed at by a substitute teacher because I didn't answer her question soon enough (I tend to think about something before answering, and what she had written on the board was hard to read)
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2011, 09:13:58 PM »
Not "faculty."

Maybe you haven't watched the videos of schoolbus beat-downs, fast-food restaurant fights, flash mobs/wildings in department stores, et al.?  We have a serious "cultural" problem here, folks.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2011, 10:07:27 PM »
No, we don't.

Neither 'we' Westerners neither 'We' Americans.

Violent crime is in freefall in practically every Western state.

You might have had a point in the early 90's.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2011, 02:22:58 AM »
Violent crime is in freefall in Western states?  Yeah, it is, if you stay on "the reservation," in the proper enclaves.  Stray outside, at the wrong hours, and see who's in freefall.  

I'm not betting my life on "official" crime statistics that we know serve established political interests.  Why do you think more and more people in America are carrying concealed?  Because they're paranoid?  Or because they know where and when "safe" is?  There are "no-go zones" everywhere in the Western societies.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2011, 02:56:47 AM »
People carry guns because it is now legal for them to carry guns. They would have been carrying guns in the 1980's too, except it was illegal.

The total murder rate of the United States has declined by two thirds over the last fifteen years (at least in part because of people carrying firearms).

If we believe that crime statistics are all fake, we have no basis of discussion. If the official murder stats are fake, then there's no way for us to know how many murders occur and all we have is gut feelings.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2011, 05:56:16 AM »
People carry guns because it is now legal for them to carry guns. They would have been carrying guns in the 1980's too, except it was illegal.

They were carrying guns in the '80's.....they just didn't let anyone know about it.  Gun laws just stop the ones who actually follow the law, remember?.....  ;)
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2011, 08:41:28 AM »

I graduated HS 20 years ago, so I'm sure it has changed, but when I was in school, it was the rich white kids who were the bullies.  The "cultural problem" you refer to didn't bully as much as they'd just outright fight.  There's a difference between a bully and someone who wants to fight (the former being more of a persistent, low level psychological attack).

Chris

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2011, 10:10:39 AM »
...but when I was in school, it was the rich white kids who were the bullies.

I went to an all-white school (no blacks were in our suburb), but it was almost exclusively the sons of blue collar workers who were the bullies, not the sons of the more affluent. The rich kids were in cliques by themselves.

CSM Kersh

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2011, 10:59:42 AM »

My HS was a mixture of Anglos and Hispanics, no blacks.  The bullies were the jocks.

Sam A. Kersh
NRA Patron
My Web Page

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2011, 11:19:14 AM »
There are many forms of bullyism, with many different kinds of perps.  Racial division and antagonism in our public schools is a much bigger problem than the eternal adolescent domination and submission rituals, although those may have been exacerbated by a culture that revels in videogame fantasy violence and bores kids to death with curricula that are ill-suited to their natural talents.

To Micro: No, I don't trust the official statistics, and you're right, that does make discussions more difficult.  Trust your own perceptions and those of people close to you; in the end they will all you have left.  Bureaucrats have no incentive to tell you the truth.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2011, 11:44:39 AM »
IIRC, there was a bump in the US crime rate after Katrina.  It was usually attributed to New Orleans cooking the crime books, those criminals getting displaced, and the LEOs in their new location reporting their criminality.

So, yes, many LEO shops cook the books.

Oh, I forgot to mention the riots that occur outside Chicago public schools when they let out in particular neighborhoods.  They are not reported as riots, the same way most riots were not reported as riots in big cities during the 1970s and 1980s.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2011, 12:01:24 PM »
To Micro: No, I don't trust the official statistics, and you're right, that does make discussions more difficult.  Trust your own perceptions and those of people close to you; in the end they will all you have left.  Bureaucrats have no incentive to tell you the truth.

Very well. In that case, we can have no discussion. I feel pretty safe. :D

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2011, 12:03:20 PM »
  Racial division and antagonism in our public schools is a much bigger problem than the eternal adolescent domination and submission rituals, although those may have been exacerbated by a culture that revels in videogame fantasy violence and bores kids to death with curricula that are ill-suited to their natural talents.

I call BS.  I've seen no evidence for this claim, either when I was in school in the 90's, or with kids I deal with now who are currentlly in school.

Racial issues do still exist, but are dwarfed by the age old cool/not-cool, pretty/not-pretty dichotamy.  The basics of most school issues are still based in who will be dominate/get laid.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2011, 12:28:51 PM »
I call BS.  I've seen no evidence for this claim, either when I was in school in the 90's, or with kids I deal with now who are currentlly in school.

Racial issues do still exist, but are dwarfed by the age old cool/not-cool, pretty/not-pretty dichotamy.  The basics of most school issues are still based in who will be dominate/get laid.

The greatest proportion of violent encounters at my HS was due to friction between local kids who lived nearby (mostly middle class, some more affluent) and the bussed-in kids from the projects.  Second greatest was project-dweller on project-dweller, usually females vs females.  The last category I can recall multiples of was metal head vs metal head.  I guess the vital importance of Skid Row's oeuvre is worth two pale & skinny guys getting after each other and tearing up their black T-shirts.

Oddly, the most popular kids at my HS were also some of the nicest at the HS.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2011, 12:44:37 PM »
Oddly, the most popular kids at my HS were also some of the nicest at the HS.

It's not odd. I don't remember the study offhand, but those who have reached the top of the social ladder rarely bully either verbally or physcially. It is striving to get up there that usually do so.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2011, 08:57:16 PM »
I call BS.  I've seen no evidence for this claim, either when I was in school in the 90's, or with kids I deal with now who are currentlly in school.

Racial issues do still exist, but are dwarfed by the age old cool/not-cool, pretty/not-pretty dichotamy.  The basics of most school issues are still based in who will be dominate/get laid.

Maybe not in Mayberry, just in large urban centers with complex demographics.  Race isn't the only issue by any means, but it's definitely one of them, particularly in areas where "newly arrived Latinos" are colliding with blacks, in school and out.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2011, 09:10:34 PM »
Maybe not in Mayberry, just in large urban centers with complex demographics.  Race isn't the only issue by any means, but it's definitely one of them, particularly in areas where "newly arrived Latinos" are colliding with blacks, in school and out.

I live in Tampa Bay, FL.  Try again.