Author Topic: DoJ Tells White Male Bulling Victims "Tough luck"  (Read 7408 times)

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re: DoJ Tells White Male Bulling Victims "Tough luck"
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2011, 10:20:36 PM »
Our school was rather multicultural about its bullies....which was also where I learned that, whatever your skin color may be, they all bleed red.....  ;)
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2011, 10:25:38 PM »
I remember being screamed at by a substitute teacher because I didn't answer her question soon enough (I tend to think about something before answering, and what she had written on the board was hard to read)

Yeah.  Me too.  

Because totally the best way to handle the painfully shy and socially clueless kid who doesn't pay attention but manages to get decent grades anyway is to publicly and verbally abuse her into utter and complete silence and not bother with the paying attention issue because hey, she's not making trouble and she's not flunking out.

/chip-on-my-shoulder

But it's not that they can't intervene with white male victims entirely.  I was a "protected class" but that wouldn't count because membership in the class was not the basis for the discrimination.  They shouldn't be involved at all, but to the extent that they are, it better be not just for any alternately-colored kid, but only for alternately-colored kids who are bullied on the basis of their alternate-coloredness.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2011, 11:56:50 AM »
Tampa?  You need to get out more then if you believe racial conflict isn't an issue in urban public schools.  I didn't say it was the only issue there--hardly; intimidation is everywhere--but it's no small factor.  I live in Los Angeles, and maybe we're, for better or worse, a bit further along the curve.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2011, 02:10:51 PM »
Tampa?  You need to get out more then if you believe racial conflict isn't an issue in urban public schools.  I didn't say it was the only issue there--hardly; intimidation is everywhere--but it's no small factor.  I live in Los Angeles, and maybe we're, for better or worse, a bit further along the curve.

Reading is important.

Quote from: dogmush
I call BS.  I've seen no evidence for this claim, either when I was in school in the 90's, or with kids I deal with now who are currentlly in school.

Racial issues do still exist, but are dwarfed by the age old cool/not-cool, pretty/not-pretty dichotamy.  The basics of most school issues are still based in who will be dominate/get laid.

I stand by that post.  You're interperting data in light of your desire to see the US as a crumbling edifice. Sure racial conflict exists in adolecents, but it's overshadowed by the same hormonal conflicts humans have been dealing with since Ug noticed Urr's boobs.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2011, 10:41:50 AM »
Yes, reading IS important.  So are assumptions.  I don't believe that America is "a crumbling edifice," but I do think it has serious problems.  And racial antagonisms, stirred up by the Left with deliberate intent, are part of what's going on.  Let's not be all doom and gloom, but let us not be foolishly Pollyannaish either.  I think we both recognize the issue's complex and, yes, deeply rooted.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.