Author Topic: NYPD: 1000 "anti-terror" cops with tanks and weapons  (Read 7434 times)

brimic

• friends
Re: NYPD: 1000 "anti-terror" cops with tanks and weapons
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2011, 04:38:57 PM »
I'm quite aware of what it means. I was happy up until know not to know anybody who uses the term non-ironically.

The east/west coast 'elites' do use that term in an un-ironic fashion when in closed company- just like any given racial joke.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2011, 08:02:34 PM »
I'm quite aware of what it means. I was happy up until know not to know anybody who uses the term non-ironically.

I think he was just using because it has become standard lexicon among non-leftist punditry, so we all know what it means. I'm guessing wherever he lives is also considered fly-over, at least if you're going from NYC to Miami Beach or whatever.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2011, 09:34:01 PM »
States rights...sure.  But I should never be forced to pay for the NYPD to have it's own anti terror force.  And yet, everytime they get federal security theatre money, I'm being forced to protect NYC.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2011, 10:29:07 PM »
States rights...sure.  But I should never be forced to pay for the NYPD to have it's own anti terror force.  And yet, everytime they get federal security theatre money, I'm being forced to protect NYC.
Exactly.  If it was just New York State funding, no big deal to me down in Texas.  However, since they are likely paying for it with federal funds, it becomes a big deal to me. 

However, a lot of jurisdictions are getting  a lot of federal funding that I don't like.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2011, 11:24:11 PM »
Sorry, but I look at this NYC massive deployment as a result of fear, and it makes us look reactive and weak.

Three guys, maybe, out of 310 million, and we panic all over the news, and flood NYC with LEO?

If most of us were walking around armed, nobody in their right mind would try much at all.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen