Author Topic: Home Raided Over Facebook Photo of Son With Rifle  (Read 7475 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Home Raided Over Facebook Photo of Son With Rifle
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2013, 08:20:56 PM »
Yes, theoretically, Child Welfare have to investigate every allegation. And it's not unexpected the police tag along. Blame should go to a) person that called it in, and b) the police for unreasonable widening the scope from child endangerment to a fishing expedition. Is the kid in the safe? No? Can the guy legally have the firearms? Yes? Next item on the checklist.

Every allegation of WHAT? Every allegation that a kid and his father enjoy a sport together? How is that probable cause to launch a Child Welfare investigation?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2013, 08:51:23 PM »
At least the guy has the best lawyer in NJ regarding gun laws in this state. He literally wrote the book on them.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2013, 10:16:54 PM »
Hey, just noticed my post about the OP was written bad.  I believe the story.  I think what the cops and CPS did was crap.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2013, 11:16:05 PM »
Hey, just noticed my post about the OP was written bad.  I believe the story.  I think what the cops and CPS did was crap.
That makes a lot more sense.  Sorry for misunderstanding.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2013, 12:42:01 AM »
its fistfuls fault
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2013, 12:49:36 AM »
This was covered by our local Fox affiliate.  They had a local attorney on who said the father did just right - no warrant, no entry or search.  He also said that most folks would be intimidated by the PD, but shouldn't be.  Does my heart good to see a news report like that one.

As for what the PD & CPS did, well, it wasn't right.  And something unpleasant should be done to the one who called in the report.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2013, 06:55:28 AM »
That makes a lot more sense.  Sorry for misunderstanding.

No worries.  Your post to me didn't make sense until I re-read mine and realized my error.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

coppertales

• friend
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2013, 09:41:03 AM »
Sounds like someone needs to speak to their wife about letting people inside the house......chris3

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2013, 09:58:31 AM »
Sounds like someone needs to speak to their wife about letting people inside the house......chris3

Funny enough I went in the other room after I initially read this article and asked the wife what she would do.  She got all redfaced and swore (which she rarely swears except at me) and said "They need a damn warrant!"
Good girl. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2013, 11:30:14 AM »
I need to get a good local attorney on retainer for something like this. Millcreek, any thoughts?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2013, 11:32:33 AM »
Prepaid legal service? I have been thinking of getting one.
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2013, 12:11:39 PM »
I need to get a good local attorney on retainer for something like this. Millcreek, any thoughts?

I'm not Millcreek, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn once. Specifically for firearms related, you might check your state rifle and pistol association or the NRA website. They should have references to at least semi-local attorneys that specialize in this. I would suppose the attorney could actually practice anywhere in WA, as long as you could get them on the phone right quick.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2013, 01:20:46 PM »
Well, it happened in Nazi Jersey.  I'm not real surprised.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2013, 05:40:58 PM »
Reason #97 Mrs. Dual does not know the safe combo and there is no record of it anywhere in the house and the one dial-key is on my keychain.

Combination card and the spare dial key are at a relatives house with no info on them other than their personal knowledge as to who's it is for in the event of my demise or incapacitation.
I promise not to duck.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2013, 06:54:41 PM »
I have repeatedly discussed the issue of police coming into the house with my wife and with the kids when they still lived here. Unless there is a warrant they are NOT allowed to come in to the house. EVER.
Same for the cars. If they ask to search the car the answer is no. Be polite but insistent.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2013, 07:07:58 PM »
Prepaid legal service? I have been thinking of getting one.

Prepaid legal services, for the most part, are crap.  They have a terrible reputation around here.  I have found some pro se clients to be better litigators that some of their lawyers.

As for having a lawyer on retainer, that isn't really necessary unless you need one on a regular basis.  You are probably just as well off to find one in your area and get his or her card. 
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2013, 04:42:26 PM »
Gov. Christie has asked the NJ State Attorney General to investigate the response to the boy with gun photo.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/27/gov-christie-asks-attorney-general-to-investigate-state-response-in-boy-with/
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2013, 04:45:46 PM »
Gov. Christie has asked the NJ State Attorney General to investigate the response to the boy with gun photo.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/27/gov-christie-asks-attorney-general-to-investigate-state-response-in-boy-with/

Too little too late fatass. Your big gov Anti freedom ways are well established, and a bit of sucking up to gun owners won't make us forget it. Of course given the Republican party's history the fact that you're loathsome to the base probably assures your nomination.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2013, 04:57:40 PM »
Too little too late fatass. Your big gov Anti freedom ways are well established, and a bit of sucking up to gun owners won't make us forget it. Of course given the Republican party's history the fact that you're loathsome to the base probably assures your nomination.

Sad but true. 

But, they need someone from the South to balance the ticket.  Here goes:
Chritstie/Graham 2016!

What could possibly go wrong?
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2013, 10:17:13 AM »
He said the state Department of Children and Families was aggressive and intimidating and could have avoided the situation by calling first.

A department spokesman --without commenting on the specific case -- said that the department routinely checks on tips it receives.

The department has been under years of court-monitoring and has been criticized in several cases where children who died or were in peril were not checked on.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/27/gov-christie-asks-attorney-general-to-investigate-state-response-in-boy-with/#ixzz2OqOA7lOU

Interesting. The department is already under the magnifying glass.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2013, 05:01:37 PM »
Sad but true. 

But, they need someone from the South to balance the ticket.  Here goes:
Chritstie/Graham 2016!

What could possibly go wrong?
aka the Augustine/Crowder ticket. [popcorn]

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2013, 01:00:20 AM »
Wait, is Chistie after CPS and company because they went after the guy or because they didn't  *expletive deleted* him up, shoot the family dog and burn the house down killing everyone inside in order to protect the children?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2013, 01:46:09 AM »
Wait, is Chistie after CPS and company because they went after the guy or because they didn't  *expletive deleted* him up, shoot the family dog and burn the house down killing everyone inside in order to protect the children?

First one..
I promise not to duck.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2013, 01:41:40 PM »
Election enraged man who posted Facebook pic of son with rifle

http://articles.philly.com/2013-03-28/news/38073085_1_dcf-workers-firearms-police-department

Police in Carneys Point, Salem County, said Shawn Moore was "ranting and waiving," "aggressive" and acting "arrogantly" when he rushed home from the restaurant March 14 to find them there, asking to look at his firearms because of an anonymous call they had received about his children's safety.

Moore later apologized for his behavior, police said, and his wife, Julie, told them he was still reeling from Obama's election in 2008.

Police did find that Shawn Moore's firearms-identification card listed an address he hadn't lived at in more than two years. Nappen said Moore filed for a change of address when he moved to Carneys Point, but claimed the police department there still hadn't processed the paperwork. Shawn Moore has only one DUI offense, Nappen said.

"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2013, 01:52:30 PM »

Moore later apologized for his behavior, police said, and his wife, Julie, told them he was still reeling from Obama's election in 2008.

Well, that lame excuse doesn't help him at all.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."