Author Topic: Home Raided Over Facebook Photo of Son With Rifle  (Read 7473 times)

Cliffh

• friend
Re: Home Raided Over Facebook Photo of Son With Rifle
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2013, 02:04:39 PM »
I might be tempted to do a bit of "ranting and waiving" and might even be "aggressive" and act "arrogantly" if I were to come home to a bunch of cops and social workers wanting to look over any firearms collection I might (or might not) have.

What did they expect, for him to come home all meek & mild, head hung low and lead them by the hand to the safe?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2013, 02:11:32 PM »
I agree a feller might be upset at that situation. I would hope though, that I would be able to control my emotions if it happened to me, especially if I already have my attorney on the phone. The outburst, while potentially justified, might not be the best way to go.

Regardless, I can totally sympathize with the outburst, just not with the "upset about Obama" thing. That makes him look like he simply has ODS.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2013, 02:20:51 PM »
Yeah, still being upset about the election wouldn't look good.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2013, 02:21:14 PM »
I agree a feller might be upset at that situation. I would hope though, that I would be able to control my emotions if it happened to me, especially if I already have my attorney on the phone. The outburst, while potentially justified, might not be the best way to go.

Regardless, I can totally sympathize with the outburst, just not with the "upset about Obama" thing. That makes him look like he simply has ODS.

Only cops are allowed to rant and rave and swear   :mad:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2013, 03:27:35 PM »
Looks like the DCP caseworker's pucker factor just went up exponentially.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/27/gov-christie-asks-attorney-general-to-investigate-state-response-in-boy-with/?intcmp=obinsite

While it may just end up being a whitewash, it should give her a couple of sleepless nights, cost her some cash for an attorney, and perhaps pour l'encouragement des autres and make them think twice about pulling this crap again.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2013, 03:37:26 PM »
Looks like the DCP caseworker's pucker factor just went up exponentially.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/27/gov-christie-asks-attorney-general-to-investigate-state-response-in-boy-with/?intcmp=obinsite

While it may just end up being a whitewash, it should give her a couple of sleepless nights, cost her some cash for an attorney, and perhaps pour l'encouragement des autres and make them think twice about pulling this crap again.

its jersey shes a unionized state employee.  union gets her lawyer
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2013, 07:23:35 PM »
Wait, is Chistie after CPS and company because they went after the guy or because they didn't  *expletive deleted* him up, shoot the family dog and burn the house down killing everyone inside in order to protect the children?
It was the local popo no the state police.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2013, 11:53:14 PM »
its jersey shes a unionized state employee.  union gets her lawyer

With Christie's very public head-butting with the .gov unions, and stuff that has gone down in WI breaking all but the fire and police public unions, and MI going right-to-work in retaliation over the UAW's attempt at trying to get union rights codified in the state constitution...

I have half a suspicion Christie might be waiting to see if the union rises to the bait if it goes further.

And conversely, the union lawyer, while theoretically under threat of malpractice for his/her individual "client", might be under marching orders from his/her real client to keep their head down.
I promise not to duck.