Author Topic: What can you do.....  (Read 3194 times)

Avalanche2082

What can you do.....
« on: July 01, 2008, 09:05:35 AM »
if say you are in a mall for instance and someone spits in your face and starts talking trash to your friend what can he or she do to the person is it assualt how do you show evidence?? Keep the saliva in a bag??? undecided What would happen to the person who spits and talks trash.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: What can you do.....
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 09:08:46 AM »
Witnesses.

Spitting on someone is part and parcel to unwanted physical contact... assault.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 12:37:42 PM »
Witnesses.

Are you then legally allowed to use physical force to defend yourself? Inquiring minds (who get harassed by bums while waiting for the bus angry) want to know.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Racehorse

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 12:43:51 PM »
Actually, if I remember right, there doesn't even have to be physical contact for assault. You just have to feel threatened.

from http://www.nolo.com/definition.cfm/Term/22542B6F-FEDB-450A-889A82A49EA50CEB/alpha/A/

assault

A crime that occurs when one person tries to physically harm another in a way that makes the person under attack feel immediately threatened. Actual physical contact is not necessary; threatening gestures that would alarm any reasonable person can constitute an assault. Compare battery.

battery

A crime consisting of physical contact that is intended to harm someone. Unintentional harmful contact is not battery, no mater how careless the behavior or how severe the injury. A fist fight is a common battery; being hit by a wild pitch in a baseball game is not.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 12:45:22 PM »
So a bum telling me he's gonna get all his "KKK prison buddies" and kill me is a green light to kick the *expletive deleted*it out of him? Man I wish I'd known that a couple weeks ago.....
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Racehorse

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 12:48:53 PM »
So a bum telling me he's gonna get all his "KKK prison buddies" and kill me is a green light to kick the *expletive deleted*it out of him? Man I wish I'd known that a couple weeks ago.....

Probably only if you have a reasonable expectation that he both can and will do it. But you'd probably still get in trouble. I believe the law would view calling the police as a more reasonable response.

It's a pity, I know. But maybe you could use some of this:

http://www.liquidass.com/

But then again, maybe a bum wouldn't even notice.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 04:37:37 PM »
Hey, Balog.  It's Seattle.  Bums are a protected class.  You'd be charged with a hate crime.
(I'm only being half sarcastic here.)
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Avalanche2082

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 05:57:12 PM »
So is it all about witnesses. So if it word against word for an "assualt" say some lady comes up to my and grabs my lower region and threatens that if I don't come back later and whip it out she will shoot me and kill me dead, and there are no witnesses so how do I defend that to a police officer? Would I basically be screwed or is it up to a cop which person he believes if she says she did nothing of the sort? Or anything of some kind of assualt situation, is it really witnesses that make or break it. Plus what could/would really happen to the person who commited the assault.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2008, 06:13:21 PM »
So if it word against word for an "assualt" say some lady comes up to my and grabs my lower region and threatens that if I don't come back later and whip it out she will shoot me and kill me dead, and there are no witnesses so how do I defend that to a police officer?

Man where are you hanging out lol,  laugh
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008, 06:43:12 PM »
if say you are in a mall for instance and someone spits in your face and starts talking trash to your friend what can he or she do to the person is it assualt how do you show evidence?? Keep the saliva in a bag??? undecided What would happen to the person who spits and talks trash.

From personal experience, nothing.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

jamz

• friend
  • bleem
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 07:18:43 PM »

and did it encourage you to keep spitting on people?  :p
Everybody loves Magical Trevor

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2008, 07:27:45 PM »

and did it encourage you to keep spitting on people?  :p

AHAHAH no.  I was spit ony called police, and nothing was done
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2008, 09:23:58 PM »
Witnesses.

Are you then legally allowed to use physical force to defend yourself? Inquiring minds (who get harassed by bums while waiting for the bus angry) want to know.

In this day and age, given the potential for fluid-borne pathogens, I'd say yes.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2008, 09:46:19 PM »

An a$$whooping.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2008, 02:30:41 AM »

An a$$whooping.

Amen.  I might be an apron wearing bitch....but somethings require my man card to get pulled out and used. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”