Author Topic: What CAN'T McDonald's Fries Do?  (Read 2572 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
What CAN'T McDonald's Fries Do?
« on: February 06, 2018, 04:09:20 PM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: What CAN'T McDonald's Fries Do?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 04:19:35 PM »
I wonder if I should eat them or rub them on my head.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 04:33:50 PM »

Seems legit.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 04:59:14 PM »
I wonder what foodbabe will do with this.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 07:41:51 PM »
I wonder if I should eat them or rub them on my head.
  If my last bout with McDonald's food is indicative,  it might be healthier to rub them in your hair.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 07:55:03 PM »
Kids had the 6 year old grand son's birthday party at McDs Saturday. I tried one of their fancy burgers. It was mostly edible and didn't cause me any gastric distress so I call that a win.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 06:48:44 AM »
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2018, 08:00:46 AM »
^ Well, there went 59 seconds.

:facepalm:
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2018, 09:17:53 AM »

The secret of that glorious mane revealed.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2018, 09:24:58 AM »
FAKE NEWS PHOTO!

Everyone knows he was actually eating a hearty meal of souls of middle class DACA children. You can get those in 10 packs. Like Chicken McNuggets.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2018, 09:33:12 AM »
FAKE NEWS PHOTO!

Everyone knows he was actually eating a hearty meal of souls of middle class DACA children. You can get those in 10 packs. Like Chicken McNuggets.

Those are great if you can get the liberal tears dipping sauce to go with them.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2018, 09:43:30 AM »
Tangent to the Trump photo:

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2018/02/06/fast-food-restaurants-may-be-healthier-than-five-star-restaurants.html

I can actually relate to his "clean" remark. When on road trips, sometimes I'm in an area where I look around and see the fast food joint as my best option for both cleanliness and for getting an, if mediocre, at least "standard" meal. I can pretty much count on McD's tasting about the same wherever I am, and being somewhat agreeable to my digestive system, especially if I'm not near a bathroom.  :laugh:

Though as much as I like McD's fries, I usually skip them and instead of getting the #3 or whatever, pay a little more and substitute a second smaller burger for the fries, just to help keep the belt buckle in the same hole. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2018, 07:46:58 PM »
A couple of years ago I read where Taco Bell was rated cleanest in an official ranking.  I was surprised.  I don't particularly like McD's but they're tolerable enough and numerous enough that I usually end up getting a kid's cheeseburger and one of their crappy 0.0002% milks or a senior coffee on my erranding.  No fries, no nuthin' else.

Actually, my favorite of the fast food places is Wendy's.

I'm kind of neutral on Burger King.  Others are below that.

Terry, burgersseur, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Sideways_8

• friend
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2018, 08:12:16 PM »
About the only thing I ever get from McDonald's is their sausage biscuit and hash brown. Under $2 and filling enough to keep my stomach from grumbling. For lunch, I would take Whataburger or Chick-fil-a over McDonald's any day of the week.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2018, 10:35:40 PM »
I lived on McDonald's for a year, was healthy. I still eat it but limit myself to $5 or less, ice tea or no drink and usually no fries. Of course they are cleaner than real restaurants. Minimal raw prep, very standardized storage and holding systems and a company wide training program. Just stay away from the dairy machines. At any restaurant. I have sanitized many a soda, juice, and powdered coffee machine and I can assure you that the average employee has no clue. Back on clean, at real restaurants you eat off their plates. I have also fixed more than a few commercial dishwashers, sanitary there takes committed and smart people.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2018, 06:36:44 AM »
Every couple of weeks I'll treat myself to some sausage burritos for breakfast to break up the monotony of cereal every morning.

My absolute kryptonite, though, are the fish sandwiches. I absolutely loved the damned things.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2018, 07:28:27 AM »
Do they have actual fish in them?

Samuel Adams

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2018, 07:42:50 AM »
Don't know, don't care. They're awesome.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2018, 08:40:58 AM »
Do they have actual fish in them?

I read a book about this; the McFish has the finest Alaskan pollock in them.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2018, 09:09:32 AM »
Still don't care. They're still awesome.

Pollock maybe considered a lower-level fish, but it's a tasty fish. It's my preferred go to when cod isn't available.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2018, 09:12:55 AM »
Every couple of weeks I'll treat myself to some sausage burritos for breakfast to break up the monotony of cereal every morning.

My absolute kryptonite, though, are the fish sandwiches. I absolutely loved the damned things.

The Filet O Fish sandwiches were invented at the McDonald's that is 2.5 miles from my house.  The area that I live in was extremely heavily Catholic at the time and the McDonald's operator would see a drop off in his sales/revenue on Friday's (through out the year) and especially during Lent.  He decided he needed to do something about it.  Ray Crock was not to keen to the idea at first.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2018, 09:17:04 AM »
That's why McDonald's tried the Aloha burger. Something to keep the mackerel snappers coming in during Lent.

A grilled pineapple "burger" with cheese? What could possibly go wrong (except for projectile vomiting)?

Thank God in the head to head competition between the two (yep, they had one, to determine which one would become a permanent menu item) the fish sammich won.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2018, 09:17:35 AM »
So we have the papists to thank for the Filet-o-Fish?

Chris

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2018, 09:25:19 AM »
The Filet O Fish sandwiches were invented at the McDonald's that is 2.5 miles from my house.  The area that I live in was extremely heavily Catholic at the time and the McDonald's operator would see a drop off in his sales/revenue on Friday's (through out the year) and especially during Lent.  He decided he needed to do something about it.  Ray Crock was not to keen to the idea at first.

When I was a kid we still practiced "fish Fridays" ( being a Cafeteria Catholic, I just do it on Good Friday now  :laugh: ). My mom would often get me to participate by taking me to McDs for the Filet-O-Fish.

When I do go to McDs, it's still one of my favorite things on the menu. Often, referring to my "smaller burger" reference above, my order is a Quarter Pounder and a Filet-o-fish (or two). Or if I hit them on a Friday (don't know if they do this everywhere), Two for $5.