Author Topic: Towns wants folk to file trip plans before heading out for a walk or bike ride  (Read 13840 times)

brimic

• friends
How dare they slow you down your way to work - don't those pedestrians and cyclists know who you are, and how important it is for you to travel at the maximum possible speed?

No, its not just riding/walking slow or in the worn places, its an entitlement mentality that they can do whatever they want to the detriment of others.
In the ghetto areas, they will take their own sweet damn time crossing the street (illegally I might add) just to show you that they are the boss of their neighborhood.

As few years ago, I took my family to the lakefront for an airshow. We walked in on a dedicated pedestrian/bike path to the show. My wife was pulling my daughter in a wagon while my son and I feel behind a bit. Some 50-ish spandex clad *expletive deleted*bag pullled up to my wife and daughter and started yelling at them that "this is a bike path, not a walking path" I started started running after the guy while yelling, but being the lefty entitlement panty-boy, he didn't want to deal with a 'pedestrian' who wasn't female or less than 5 years old.

BTW, there are quite a few bicyclists that obey the laws or aren't total dillholes, I don't mind them at all.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
My city is in the process of putting in bike lanes.  And when they get near an intersection, they often do an 'X' with the left right turn lane.   :facepalm:  (any road engineer who designs an 'X' traffic pattern should have his license revoked or be shot, or both)
Okay, now that you said "right" instead of "left" I understand what you are talking about.   :laugh:
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
No, its not just riding/walking slow or in the worn places, its an entitlement mentality that they can do whatever they want to the detriment of others.
In the ghetto areas, they will take their own sweet damn time crossing the street (illegally I might add) just to show you that they are the boss of their neighborhood.

As few years ago, I took my family to the lakefront for an airshow. We walked in on a dedicated pedestrian/bike path to the show. My wife was pulling my daughter in a wagon while my son and I feel behind a bit. Some 50-ish spandex clad *expletive deleted*bag pullled up to my wife and daughter and started yelling at them that "this is a bike path, not a walking path" I started started running after the guy while yelling, but being the lefty entitlement panty-boy, he didn't want to deal with a 'pedestrian' who wasn't female or less than 5 years old.

BTW, there are quite a few bicyclists that obey the laws or aren't total dillholes, I don't mind them at all.

I think the idiot driver/motorcyclists/cyclists/walkers/joggers are the ones that drive these arguments and get people upset.  Unfortunately, we really haven't found a good way to outlaw being a jerk so I don't see how changing any laws/rules will help.  However, it does little good to argue about those things with people who are not jerks.  
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 12:56:23 PM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
If it is safe to do so its makes more sense for a bike to go through a light in order to insure a smoother flow of traffic.
IMO, that only works until a driver going the other way or turning right on red doesn't see you and pulls out into your path.  Or the other way around, the cyclist is tired and doesn't see that new quiet hybrid car coming until it plows into him because he rolled through the stop light.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
IMO, that only works until a driver going the other way or turning right on red doesn't see you and pulls out into your path.  Or the other way around, the cyclist is tired and doesn't see that new quiet hybrid car coming until it plows into him because he rolled through the stop light.

durn new fangled quiet cars!
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa

Yeah, or another bicycle  :lol:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin