Author Topic: Teens Kill Student "For the Fun of It"  (Read 13987 times)

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
Re: Teens Kill Student "For the Fun of It"
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2013, 02:34:20 PM »
Glad I don't have a Twitter account, then.

Because I'd do more than "frown upon" his response...
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2013, 02:46:24 PM »
Justice For Chris Lane!
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2013, 03:22:11 PM »
Who will be the first on the floor of the House or Senate wearing a baseball cap to protest this violence?  ;)

bob

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2013, 05:44:56 PM »
Teenagers have been going on killing sprees for a long time (read about Charles Starkweather-1957).

Since I know humans of all varieties commit horrible crimes, my upset is reserved on behalf of the victim.
He did nothing to deserve that.  :mad:
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

Levant

• friend
« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2013, 06:48:22 PM »
Teenagers have been going on killing sprees for a long time (read about Charles Starkweather-1957).

Since I know humans of all varieties commit horrible crimes, my upset is reserved on behalf of the victim.
He did nothing to deserve that.  :mad:

Compassion for the victims and their families is good but it's not enough.  My upset is over political, justice, and legal systems that focus on some very small, relatively, amount of violence for political reasons and downplay or ignore much greater violence - again, for political reasons - thereby allowing there to be hundreds or thousands of other victims beyond this one or any one victim.

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/260-school-children-killed-chicago-3-years-where-are-tears-them

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/17/chicago-shootings-6-kille_n_3453390.html

NEOKShooter on GRM
Republicans: The other Democratic Party

RoadKingLarry

• friends
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

BobR

• friend
« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2013, 10:08:19 PM »
And now we have this.

http://www.kxly.com/news/spokane-news/elderly-man-dies-after-being-attacked-outside-ice-arena/-/101214/21574858/-/9flm7iz/-/index.html

I am thinking this was a robbery or carjacking gone wrong. At least there are surveillance photos of the "suspects". And in this town, Spokane, people who are any color but white, stand out like a sore thumb.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd ....... just to keep the theme going;

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/08/22/dhs-employee-spends-spare-time-promoting-race-war-against-whites/

What in the name of baby Xenu is going on these days?!?

bob

Levant

• friend
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2013, 11:03:00 PM »
All I can say is keep your guard up.
NEOKShooter on GRM

Levant

• friend
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2013, 11:28:32 PM »
I am thinking this was a robbery or carjacking gone wrong. At least there are surveillance photos of the "suspects". And in this town, Spokane, people who are any color but white, stand out like a sore thumb.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/08/22/dhs-employee-spends-spare-time-promoting-race-war-against-whites/

bob

Why do you say carjacking gone wrong?  I don't see anything in the photos or the story to indicate anything other than what the story says:

"It does appear random. He was in the parking lot, it appears he was assaulted in the parking lot and there was no indication that he would have known these people prior to the assault," Spokane Police Major Crimes Detective Lieutenant Mark Griffiths said.

Edit: Carjackings and robberies don't go wrong.  They start wrong.
NEOKShooter on GRM

BobR

• friend
« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2013, 11:42:22 PM »
I guess it depends on which end of the carjacking, robbery, assault you are on whether or not it goes right. If the perp gets shot and dies on the spot, that would also be considered as going right, at least by me, and maybe some others.

As far as the other "speculation", it makes sense, to me.

He had just arrived in his car to play pool with a female friend. A witness said she saw two young men run away from Belton's car. She found him by his vehicle badly beaten.

http://www.krem.com/news/Major-Crimes-investigating-assault-outside-Eagles-Ice-Arena-220620071.html

The police are calling it random, at this point. A friend of the deceased stated it was a robbery, who really knows, other than the 2 who are in hiding.

bob

Levant

• friend
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2013, 12:28:39 AM »
They beat him and left him for dead.  Just because they took the wallet (assuming they did since we don't seem to know) of the man that they beat to death does not change this from a cold blooded and random murder into a robbery.
NEOKShooter on GRM

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2013, 12:30:03 AM »
They beat him and left him for dead.  Just because they took the wallet (assuming they did since we don't seem to know) of the man that they beat to death does not change this from a cold blooded and random murder into a robbery.

You like coffee, don't you?  :P
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2013, 01:02:52 AM »

bob

Sometimes I think "they"* want a race war of some kind. Gen up a new crisis that can't be allowed to go to waste.

* Indeterminate, faceless entity that can usually be blamed for most of the worlds problems.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2013, 09:30:45 AM »

I'm now watching my neighbor's Angus cows very closely.  =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

BobR

• friend
« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2013, 10:23:22 AM »

I take it your neighbor doesn't raise Red Angus!?!?  ;)    :P

bob

BobR

• friend
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2013, 11:41:20 AM »
One 16 year old has been arrested and charged with murder and robbery, he will probably turn on the other one soon, I hope.

bob

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2013, 12:30:32 PM »

Goes without saying.  Especially in our neighborhood.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2013, 12:38:46 PM »
WRONG!

Jesse jackson tweeted that this sort of violence is "frowned upon"

Not even joking

So, like ... what sorts of violence are NOT "frowned upon" by the good Reverend Jackson?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Levant

• friend
« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2013, 12:07:16 PM »
In honor of Reverend King's speech, let me just say that I am, and I'm sure we are, judging these boys not on the color of their skin but on the content (or lack thereof) of their character.
NEOKShooter on GRM

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2013, 12:20:17 PM »
The DA insists race wasn't a factor:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/24/race-not-factor-in-australian-player-oklahoma-murder-da-says/

Hmm... so Zimmerman killing Trayvon was racially motivated if Zimmerman had ever so much as looked cross-eyed at a black person, but this wasn't, despite one of the killers bragging just days before about knocking out 5 white people since the Zimmerman trial, and actively encouraging hate of whites.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2013, 02:30:00 PM »
It's a black thing.  You wouldn't understand.

(says the cracker so pale he literally glows in the dark)

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2013, 02:51:31 PM »
The DA insists race wasn't a factor:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/24/race-not-factor-in-australian-player-oklahoma-murder-da-says/

Hmm... so Zimmerman killing Trayvon was racially motivated if Zimmerman had ever so much as looked cross-eyed at a black person, but this wasn't, despite one of the killers bragging just days before about knocking out 5 white people since the Zimmerman trial, and actively encouraging hate of whites.

I seem to remember Zimmerman's prosecutor saying the same thing. The double standard you're looking for seems to be in the establishment press, rather than in the courts.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2013, 03:48:05 PM »
As far as the other "speculation", it makes sense, to me.

http://www.krem.com/news/Major-Crimes-investigating-assault-outside-Eagles-Ice-Arena-220620071.html

The police are calling it random, at this point. A friend of the deceased stated it was a robbery, who really knows, other than the 2 who are in hiding.

Based on the race baiters' theory, the Treyvon Martin shooting was "random," too ... in that the two protagonists were not previously acquainted, and the shooter "just happened" to see the "kid" and decided to ambush him.

On this other case, it has now been reported that the assailants beat the guy with flashlights. I'm sure that would be something akin to 4-cell or 5-cell Maglights, which can be formidable weapons ESPECIALLY against a senior citizen. The police can call it random, and it probably was, but that doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't racial. That can't be known with any degree of certainty whatsoever until the perps are captured and interrogated, and may not be known even then. If race as a motive would be an exacerbating factor in their charging and sentencing, they'd have to be pretty foolish to admit they picked him because he was white, or even that they wouldn't have attacked him if he had been black.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #73 on: August 24, 2013, 03:56:25 PM »

Middle of nowhere. We all get it.  ;/
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”