1 (1.6%)
Poster on another forum sent me
0 (0%)
Stumbled across a link here and stayed
1 (1.6%)
Other
3 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Author Topic: So how did you come to join APS?  (Read 13989 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: So how did you come to join APS?
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2015, 04:50:58 PM »
I'm another who came over here from The Round Table forum at THR. I didn't stop reading THR immediately, but I eventually drifted away. Most of the people I cared to read were posting here or on their own blogs.

Yeah, whatever side of the THR schism you were on, the fireworks really killed the original THR family with both the new THR and GRM. Had that never happened, I'd likely still be popping in to the old THR as well as here. I think it drove a lot of old time members away who didn't want to chose sides, and neither of the "new" forums ever felt like "home".

While I know some of the old-timers chose to enter the blogosphere, and I guess from what I hear have some good blogs, I simply don't have the energy to visit a dozen different sites everyday to see what people could all be saying on a single forum.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2015, 08:34:22 PM »

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: right back atcha.

You, uh, posted that in the wrong thread.... :police:
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2015, 06:57:24 AM »
You, uh, posted that in the wrong thread.... :police:

Right.  Thanks for the heads-up.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2015, 07:01:55 AM »
Yeah, whatever side of the THR schism you were on, the fireworks really killed the original THR family with both the new THR and GRM. Had that never happened, I'd likely still be popping in to the old THR as well as here. I think it drove a lot of old time members away who didn't want to chose sides, and neither of the "new" forums ever felt like "home".

While I know some of the old-timers chose to enter the blogosphere, and I guess from what I hear have some good blogs, I simply don't have the energy to visit a dozen different sites everyday to see what people could all be saying on a single forum.

I get that. I mostly read Tamara, Marko Kloos, and Kelly Grayson these days.
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln