Author Topic: Guess what's racist/white supremacy now  (Read 66886 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Guess what's racist/white supremacy now
« Reply #725 on: July 20, 2023, 02:47:43 PM »
^^^

Yikes.

Since I'm out of touch these days, are there cities where everybody still wears masks? Here, interestingly, the only place I've seen masks, and very few, is Costco.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #726 on: July 22, 2023, 10:12:36 AM »
Not wearing a mask in 2023

https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/status/1682047936925143040

Several brain cells jumped ship watching that
https://twitchy.com/samj/2023/07/20/trans-rager-goes-off-because-people-arent-masking-in-2023-n2385587
The . . . person . . . in that video is clearly mentally ill - and not just because of it's position on masks.

I rarely - RARELY - see anyone wearing a mask in public any more. And it's usually someone elderly who I suspect may have other health issues.

Once or twice a month I see someone driving in their car - alone - wearing a mask. The rationale behind THAT is something I don't understand.

As for white supremacy - the word "racism" has been applied literally to everything for so long now, even the lefties know it's lost its meaning, to say nothing of its impact. So "white supremacy" is the latest pejorative upgrade they're trying out.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #727 on: July 23, 2023, 11:57:30 AM »
Attack-helicopter-Americans are white supremacy.

https://hotair.com/david-strom/2023/07/21/small-acts-of-rebellion-by-the-young-are-a-good-sign-n566205

(Fun article - do read)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #728 on: July 23, 2023, 12:09:15 PM »

https://hotair.com/david-strom/2023/07/21/small-acts-of-rebellion-by-the-young-are-a-good-sign-n566205

(Fun article - do read)

Table 2 was hilarious.  :rofl:

Even more hilarious was the fact that these Marys felt that they needed to create a table 2.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #729 on: July 23, 2023, 12:22:21 PM »
Point to the place on the doll where the transhelicopter racism-ed you.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #730 on: July 23, 2023, 12:30:32 PM »
Point to the place on the doll where the transhelicopter racism-ed you.

Is this a "settled science" anatomy correct doll or a fascist far right wing white supremacist anatomy correct doll?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #731 on: July 23, 2023, 01:06:52 PM »
Hermaphrodite rainbow doll, please.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #732 on: July 23, 2023, 04:00:56 PM »
^^^

Yikes.

Since I'm out of touch these days, are there cities where everybody still wears masks? Here, interestingly, the only place I've seen masks, and very few, is Costco.

I'm going to so no, there aren't.  I am on a work trip and in the last week have been in LA, Sydney, and Brisbane.  Mask wearing is under 20% in all those places, and I would say that it's under 10% in LA.  If SoCal and Australia have backed off this far from the height of crazy, I don't think there's anywhere left in the world with universal masking.

That mentally ill lady is just trying to force folks to cater to her preferences by throwing out buzz words that have always gotten her capitulation in the past.

FWIW, if I had to guess based on aircraft passengers China, Korea, and Japan probably have the highest masking rate left, as folks with those passports seemed most likely to still be wearing something.  Followed by white western Europeans.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #733 on: July 23, 2023, 04:11:04 PM »
FWIW, if I had to guess based on aircraft passengers China, Korea, and Japan probably have the highest masking rate left, as folks with those passports seemed most likely to still be wearing something.  Followed by white western Europeans.

Seems like Asian country mask wearing was a thing even pre-covid, both to avoid illness and pollution, so they probably have a different baseline. If 20% of them are wearing masks now, probably 20% were wearing them before.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #734 on: July 23, 2023, 04:22:32 PM »
For clarity: Masking seemed (SWAG) under 20% for the whole of folks I saw in those places.  The Asian passport holders were well above 50% for masking.

I agree, that they had a much higher baseline acceptance for masking, but I think they are also still COVID bumped above that baseline.  China specifically didn't come off of their Zero COVID policies smoothly, and their tourists seem to be more concerned.  There are also just a lot les Chinese tourists since I was last in this part of the world.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #735 on: July 23, 2023, 04:22:58 PM »
My wife and I just got back from a cruise that visited Norway, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Ireland, and England. Almost no mask wearing in those countries, and the ones who were appeared older or in poor health.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

griz

• friend
« Reply #736 on: July 23, 2023, 08:44:08 PM »

(Fun article - do read)

On one hand I resent my tax dollars being spent on "science" such as this.  On the other hand, I'm sure the facists were strated by people identifying as:“Quasi-Demi-poney; bankai-released state queercopter with a hint of faggotdrag lesbian and homosexual upside-down Frappuccino cake”, so maybe they have a point.

In all seriousness, how in the world is claiming to be "male" and "Puerto-Rican American" a malicious response?  Like they pointed out in that excellent article, if you have already decided the answers it isn't research.

Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #737 on: July 26, 2023, 12:41:46 PM »
Blacks need their own outdoor safe spaces

“There is trauma related to being outdoors,” the founder of an organization working to provide safe spaces for Black people to enjoy outdoor activities says.

“There's a lot of healing that we as a Black community must do.” https://t.co/pGFNa6gJQO
    — NBC News (@NBCNews) July 26, 2023

They don't feel safe outdoors because they might see a Trump flag. Oh the horror.
And Jan 6 is drug into this of course

This sense of community is common when it comes to Black outdoors enthusiasts. Toyin Ajayi launched Outdoorsy Black Women in 2021 in Atlanta because she was looking “for a space for Black women like me.” Ajayi, who lives in an RV,  has loved being out in nature since she was a child, frequenting butterfly gardens and flower fields. Ajayi said the start of the Covid-19 pandemic, the 2020 election and the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol riot all bolstered conversations about safe spaces for Black people.

“There were a lot of Black people looking for safe spaces to go camping and just experience the outdoors. People would go to campgrounds, and there would be Trump flags flying everywhere,”Ajayi said, citing the many mental health benefits of being outdoors, like alleviating depression and stress. People around her wanted to know where they could safely go camping without being harassed or discriminated against. “I wanted to build a safe space for that. I figured if I needed a space like that, there were other Black women who probably needed that space too.”

NBC News shines a spotlight on the need for black people to have 'safe spaces' in the outdoors
https://twitchy.com/sarahd/2023/07/26/nbc-black-people-trauma-outdoors-n2385732

Can't make this *expletive deleted*it up
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #738 on: July 28, 2023, 06:17:54 PM »
Nooga

A minor league baseball team discontinued selling a t-shirt it was after fans criticized the graphic for looking like a racial slur.

The Chattanooga Lookouts, the Double-A affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds, tried to combine its "Nooga" nickname and its logo of two eyes, and it did not go well.

The team replaced the two O's with their eyes logo, and fans thought it closely resembled the n-word.

Reds minor league team pulls new t-shirt after fans say graphic draws close resemblance to racial slur
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/reds-minor-league-team-pulls-new-t-shirt-fans-say-graphic-draws-resemblance-racial-slur
- Calvin and Hobbes

Big Hairy Bee

• friend
« Reply #739 on: July 28, 2023, 07:24:40 PM »
In fairness, when I saw the shirt my brain replaced the eyes with letters being a slang form of the slur

Big Hairy Bee

• friend
« Reply #740 on: July 28, 2023, 09:19:51 PM »

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #741 on: July 28, 2023, 09:39:55 PM »
I attended a Montgomery County Maryland funeral last month and masking was about 10% but the preps went on and on about what rona accomodations they were making. I was deemed acceptable to hug by my aunt since I was fully vaccinated. These are highly educated people, seminary college, all daughters Ivy league. Yes, I was vaccinated 3 years ago and twenty variants ago with probably the least effective one. This is the house where they declared that Hillary was too conservative during the primary between her and the lightbringer. So I guess they gotta believe. My daughter and I bailed out, changed clothes and headed to the dirt track. I assure you that we were the only two people on earth to ever hit a quaker funeral and a dirt track on the same day.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #743 on: August 09, 2023, 10:52:22 AM »
I assure you that we were the only two people on earth to ever hit a quaker funeral and a dirt track on the same day.

So, what is wrong with the Quakers, anyway?  Are they all this insane?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #744 on: August 09, 2023, 10:56:22 AM »
I attended a Montgomery County Maryland funeral last month and masking was about 10% but the preps went on and on about what rona accomodations they were making. I was deemed acceptable to hug by my aunt since I was fully vaccinated. These are highly educated people, seminary college, all daughters Ivy league. Yes, I was vaccinated 3 years ago and twenty variants ago with probably the least effective one. This is the house where they declared that Hillary was too conservative during the primary between her and the lightbringer. So I guess they gotta believe. My daughter and I bailed out, changed clothes and headed to the dirt track. I assure you that we were the only two people on earth to ever hit a quaker funeral and a dirt track on the same day.

I recall some calling Hillary a far right extremist. Many on what we would call the far left actually see themselves as middle ground moderates and as the years go by they keep moving the middle ground goalpost further and further to the left.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2023, 11:21:12 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #745 on: August 10, 2023, 08:05:53 AM »
Just in case you almost forgot yesterday was the anniversary of when a community thug beat up and tried to take a cop's gun and became a hero of the left and you need to be reminded how racist you are.

Today is the 9th anniversary of Mike Brown’s killing.

He would be alive today if the institutions of racism and white supremacy were eradicated.

He should be alive today.

We will never forget.

We will continue to fight for justice and accountability. pic.twitter.com/7E2svmNMOb
    — Cori Bush (@CoriBush) August 9, 2023
https://twitchy.com/brettt/2023/08/09/rep-cori-bush-marks-the-ninth-anniversary-of-michael-browns-death-n2386145

He would be alive today if he wasn't a POS career thug criminal.

But saying that is racist of course

- Calvin and Hobbes

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #746 on: August 10, 2023, 11:49:03 PM »
Just in case you almost forgot yesterday was the anniversary of when a community thug beat up and tried to take a cop's gun and became a hero of the left and you need to be reminded how racist you are.
https://twitchy.com/brettt/2023/08/09/rep-cori-bush-marks-the-ninth-anniversary-of-michael-browns-death-n2386145

He would be alive today if he wasn't a POS career thug criminal.

But saying that is racist of course

Being a little closer to the situation and the news organizations that reported on this incident, I don't believe Brown was a "career thug criminal" - yet.
What he WAS was an over-sized teen bully that used his size to bully and strong-arm people.  He thought he could get away with strong-arming the cop too, but found out differently.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #747 on: August 26, 2023, 08:11:26 AM »
Can You Spot All The Signs Of Racism In This Patriotic Picture?
https://babylonbee.com/news/can-you-spot-all-the-signs-of-racism-in-this-patriotic-picture
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #748 on: August 27, 2023, 05:36:11 PM »
Band aids were mentioned 30-some years ago, in the "knapsack" article that first brought attention to the idea of white privilege.
Band Aids were invented by Earle Dickson, a White man. So Black people who use Band-Aids are guilty of cultural appropriation and are turning their backs on their own rich cultural heritage.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #749 on: August 27, 2023, 11:46:56 PM »
Returning to the office

https://twitter.com/EndWokeness/status/1688970302754066440?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

LA Times: Working remotely gave blacks 'a reprieve from racism'
https://twitchy.com/brettt/2023/08/08/la-times-working-remotely-gave-blacks-a-reprieve-from-racism-n2386107
LA must be a pretty racist place to live.  I don't see that issue in my state. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge