Author Topic: Guess what's racist/white supremacy now  (Read 67046 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Guess what's racist/white supremacy now
« Reply #750 on: September 08, 2023, 02:17:47 PM »
School Choice

"*School choice* was actually the choice of racists. It was created to avoid integrating schools with Black children," Davis Gates wrote in an August 2022 post to X, formerly known as Twitter. "Now it’s the civil rights struggle of our generation?"

Except when it's their child..... because soccer

Davis Gates also claimed that she and her husband were "forced" into sending their son "to a private high school so he could live out his dream of being a soccer player while also having a curriculum that can meet his social and emotional needs."

Chicago teachers union boss who denounced school choice as racist has son in Catholic school: report
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/chicago-teachers-union-boss-denounced-school-choice-racist-has-son-catholic-school-report
« Last Edit: September 08, 2023, 02:37:41 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #751 on: September 08, 2023, 02:38:24 PM »
School Choice

Except when it's their children because soccer

Chicago teachers union boss who denounced school choice as racist has son in Catholic school: report
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/chicago-teachers-union-boss-denounced-school-choice-racist-has-son-catholic-school-report
Almost every story I think I have ever seen that was pro-school choice has been about poor people and/or minorities in crappy school districts who want to move their kids to other schools that are better.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #752 on: September 08, 2023, 04:11:18 PM »
A Danish movie set in 1750s Denmark is apparently too white.
Yeah.......

A Danish movie star and filmmaker were stunned when a reporter asked about the lack of diversity in their new film, "The Promised Land," which takes place in Denmark in the 1750s, during a recent Venice Film Festival press conference.

An unnamed reporter from Denmark asked, "This is a cast and Danish production that is entirely Nordic, therefore has some lack of diversity, you would say, there’s also new rules implied in Hollywood."

Danish actor Mads Mikkelsen, who stars in the film made by his fellow countryman Nikolaj Arcel, cut off the question while shaking his head in disbelief.

"What? From the get-go," Mikkelsen said while laughing.

The reporter then evoked "Parasite" — which won Best Picture for the 2019 movie year — a South Korean film with a prominently South Korean cast and crew. It would be eligible for the top prize under the new rules, while he said an "all-Nordic cast" is not.

Filmmaker shuts down question about lack of diversity in new movie: 'It takes place in Denmark in the 1750s'
https://www.foxnews.com/media/filmmaker-shuts-down-question-about-lack-diversity-new-movie-takes-place-denmark-1750s
« Last Edit: September 08, 2023, 04:36:43 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #753 on: September 08, 2023, 05:26:26 PM »
A Danish movie set in 1750s Denmark is apparently too white.
Yeah.......

Filmmaker shuts down question about lack of diversity in new movie: 'It takes place in Denmark in the 1750s'
https://www.foxnews.com/media/filmmaker-shuts-down-question-about-lack-diversity-new-movie-takes-place-denmark-1750s

Completely agree with Mads, but I feel bad for the reporter. Having some knowledge of how the Germanic languages "interpret" thoughts into English, the reporter wasn't calling them out.  It seemed to me that he was agreeing that it was stupid that Hollywood says a South Korean movie with a 100% Korean cast meets their diversity requirements, but a Danish move (SET IN THE 1850s!!!!!!!!!!!) with an all Nordic cast is racist. He was asking them how they will handle Hollywood not accepting their film for the Oscars. These Hollywood people are whack.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #754 on: September 08, 2023, 06:13:36 PM »
. . . He was asking them how they will handle Hollywood not accepting their film for the Oscars. . . .
Based on recent winners, the Oscars have almost become a "Rotten Movie Award" show. Being disqualified from Oscar consideration should be regarded as a compliment.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #755 on: September 08, 2023, 06:14:09 PM »
Based on recent winners, the Oscars have almost become a "Rotten Movie Award" show. Being disqualified from Oscar consideration should be regarded as a compliment.

Indeed.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #756 on: September 09, 2023, 08:24:20 AM »
Milk

https://twitter.com/libbyemmons/status/1700286714013508022

James 'Jimmy' Theochari
@JimboJetts
·
7h
I like chocolate milk too! What’s the issue here? 🤣
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #757 on: September 09, 2023, 11:52:47 AM »
The media is engaged in an ongoing project of destroying the media consuming publics ability to think clearly and coherently.

The public is getting meme'd to death.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #758 on: September 16, 2023, 07:34:26 PM »
Word limits
You can't make this *expletive deleted*it up

Harvard's student newspaper has claimed that a new admissions test is racist and discriminatory, because the 200-word limit for the essays do not give applicant from 'non-traditional backgrounds' enough space to explain themselves.

The Crimson this week, run by Cara Chang, published an op-ed written by its editorial board.

They argued that replacing the previous one optional open-ended essay and two optional short essays with five compulsory 200-word segments was discriminatory.

'Shortening the essays has a disparate impact that falls heaviest on those from marginalized backgrounds,' the board writes.

'Learning to package yourself within a shorter amount of space is a product of advanced education; longer essays more equitably allow applicants to discuss their experiences in full, particularly if they are from non-traditional backgrounds and require more space to elaborate on nuanced qualifications.'

Harvard's woke student newspaper claims limiting applicants to 200-words penalizes students from 'marginalized backgrounds'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12526965/harvard-crimson-affirmative-action-applications-word-limits-discrimination.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #759 on: September 17, 2023, 02:23:01 PM »
Abortion bans

Abortion bans are rooted in white supremacy, perpetuate cycles of poverty & puts lives at risk.

We must continue to leverage every tool available to affirm abortion care as the human right that it is.
    — Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley (@RepPressley) September 17, 2023
https://twitchy.com/chad-felix-greene/2023/09/17/is-the-white-supremacy-in-the-room-with-you-right-now-rep-pressleys-pro-abortion-stance-isweird-n2387386

So is she basically saying POC can't keep their paints on?
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #760 on: September 17, 2023, 04:07:25 PM »
Abortion bans

You might be suprised at the number of supposed "conservatives" who think

1) abortion is murder
2) It is should be legal because it kills lots of minority children, and that is somehow a good thing

Huge numbers of people on arfcom will flat out admit this.

JN01

• friend
« Reply #761 on: September 17, 2023, 11:43:07 PM »
You might be suprised at the number of supposed "conservatives" who think

1) abortion is murder
2) It is should be legal because it kills lots of minority children, and that is somehow a good thing

Huge numbers of people on arfcom will flat out admit this.

Number 2 is essentially why racist Margret Sanger started Planned Parenthood.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #762 on: September 17, 2023, 11:48:24 PM »
Sanger opened the first "birth control clinic" in 1916.  This would eventually morph into Planned Parenthood.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Sanger
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Pb

• friend
« Reply #763 on: September 18, 2023, 10:57:19 AM »
Speaking as someone on the traditional right wing, I think the moral rot among the right is advancing, just like it is among society at large. 

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #764 on: September 18, 2023, 12:31:50 PM »
I wonder how much of this stuff is people trolling only to have others accept it as real.  Similar to the "ok" hand sign.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #765 on: September 18, 2023, 06:08:08 PM »
No hoodies
No saggy pants
No sleeveless tank tops on men

A St. Louis restaurant has sparked a massive backlash after enacting a lengthy list of new rules including 'no hoodies', 'saggy pants' and 'sleeveless tank tops on men' - despite its own staff being scantily-clad in tiny uniforms.

The restaurant, Social Bar and Grill Soulard located in downtown St. Louis, Missouri posted their new policy outside the bar's front window and on an easel at the host stand earlier this month.

According to the new dress code, masks, hoodies, saggy pants, backpacks, men's sleeveless tank tops, and overly revealing outfits are now forbidden in the establishment.

Okay, I understand how the rules could be considered hypocritical  but racist?

Some claimed the rules were racist or anti-LGBTQ, while others appeared amused asking if this was the same establishment that once had their servers dress topless and adorned in body paint.

In response to these rules someone wrote:  'F*** this place! Implicit racism and right wing bulls***.'

St Louis restaurant Social Bar and Grill is accused of racism for VERY long list of new rules including 'no hoodies', 'saggy pants' and 'sleeveless tank tops on men'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12531515/st-louis-restaurant-rules-reddit-racist.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #766 on: September 18, 2023, 06:15:33 PM »
No hoodies
No saggy pants
No sleeveless tank tops on men

St Louis restaurant Social Bar and Grill is accused of racism for VERY long list of new rules including 'no hoodies', 'saggy pants' and 'sleeveless tank tops on men'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12531515/st-louis-restaurant-rules-reddit-racist.html

The very first rule is "NO WEAPONS - NO EXCEPTIONS" in bold red, so they can *expletive deleted*ck right off.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #767 on: September 18, 2023, 06:17:13 PM »
The very first rule is "NO WEAPONS - NO EXCEPTIONS" in bold red, so they can *expletive deleted*ck right off.

Leave your hands and feet at home.
Anyhow
I agree but it was the fact that it could be twisted into being racist is what caught my eye
« Last Edit: September 18, 2023, 06:36:12 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #768 on: September 18, 2023, 10:59:54 PM »

I once attended a meeting where lab safety rules (no fake nails, no long fake eyelashes) were discussed as being potentially racist. 

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #769 on: September 19, 2023, 06:56:11 AM »
Another entry in the "Anything I don't like is racist, and that means you're a racist, too" olympics.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #770 on: September 19, 2023, 08:03:40 AM »
Leave your hands and feet at home.
Anyhow
I agree but it was the fact that it could be twisted into being racist is what caught my eye

In an urban setting the uniform of saggy pants, wife beaters and/or hoodies belongs to a specific subculture, that is very predominantly black.  Attempting to exclude that subculture is buy dress code is going to very neatly fit the "disproportinate effect on one race" test lots of folks (and governments) use as a litmus test for racisim in policyies.  Reading that rule list in it's entirety, it appears they are trying to exclude gnagbangers.  But how many non-black gangbangers are there in downtown St. Louis?

Kind of like if you opened a restaurant in LA and your dress code banned chinos and button-ups with only the top button fastened, it's not explicitly racist, but you also only banned Latinos.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #771 on: September 19, 2023, 08:22:03 AM »
In an urban setting the uniform of saggy pants, wife beaters and/or hoodies belongs to a specific subculture, that is very predominantly black.  Attempting to exclude that subculture is buy dress code is going to very neatly fit the "disproportinate effect on one race" test lots of folks (and governments) use as a litmus test for racisim in policyies . . .
Same type of argument can be made about penalties for those who commit drive-by shootings in places like Chicago.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #772 on: September 19, 2023, 08:24:23 AM »
Note saggy not baggy paints. Saggy paints is a nice way of saying their butt is hanging out. If someone wants to say saying "no saggy paints" is racist *expletive deleted*ck them.
I see almost as many whites in hoodies as blacks.
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #773 on: September 19, 2023, 02:22:34 PM »
Same type of argument can be made about penalties for those who commit drive-by shootings in places like Chicago.

No, because drive-bys are themselves an illegal act.  The two are not comparable.

A better comparison would be wanting to cut down on drive-bys, so you pass a law that bans 24" spinners on sedans in Chicago.  Can anyone put spinners on their cars? Sure.  Are them some white and  latino dudes in Chicago with 24s? Also sure.  Are the cars you just banned almost completely driven by Black males? yes.  Whether that makes you racist is open to argument, I just pointed out that it meets the current definition of a racist policy in American jurisprudence, so calling such a policy racist is not completley out of left field.

Bogie can correct me if he thinks I'm wrong, but I still thing that in the context of a club in downtown St. Louis over 90% of the people that policy turns away will be black folks, just based on population and cultural fashion.  Put that policy into place in other places, and the demographics change.

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #774 on: September 19, 2023, 04:39:05 PM »
Word limits
You can't make this *expletive deleted*it up

Harvard's woke student newspaper claims limiting applicants to 200-words penalizes students from 'marginalized backgrounds'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12526965/harvard-crimson-affirmative-action-applications-word-limits-discrimination.html

If you're applying to Harvard in the first place, don't you think you've already got the bare minimum skill to write succinctly?
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!