Author Topic: Guess what's racist/white supremacy now  (Read 66987 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Guess what's racist/white supremacy now
« Reply #800 on: December 14, 2023, 11:03:10 AM »
Boston mayor doesn't apologize for her no whites allowed holiday party instead she apologizes for them finding out about it.

Boston's Democratic mayor has apologized for causing offense with a holiday party invitation that excluded White people.

Michelle Wu drew criticism Wednesday after her aide sent a holiday party invite to all members of the Boston City Council for an "Electeds of Color Holiday Party," even though seven of the officials are White.

Wu told reporters on Wednesday that the invite was not meant to be sent to White council members, who had their invitations rescinded about 15 minutes after the original email was sent.

"We had individual conversations with everyone so people understand that it was truly just an honest mistake that went out in typing the email field," Wu told reporters.

Boston mayor defends excluding White people from holiday party
https://www.foxnews.com/media/boston-mayor-defends-excluding-white-people-holiday-party
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

griz

• friend
« Reply #801 on: December 14, 2023, 05:05:35 PM »
It would be interesting if one of those people of non-color just showed up at the party.  Maybe with news cameras to record them being denied entry based on their race.  You know, inclusion, diversity, I mean discrimination.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #802 on: December 14, 2023, 08:17:22 PM »
It would be interesting if one of those people of non-color just showed up at the party.  Maybe with news cameras to record them being denied entry based on their race.  You know, inclusion, diversity, I mean discrimination.

I'd pay to watch that.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #803 on: December 14, 2023, 09:07:20 PM »
I was talking a woman the other day... she said was explaining the reason she pulled her child out of a particular private school.  The main reasons were most of the parents were "too rich" and "everyone was white." 

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #804 on: December 15, 2023, 07:42:04 AM »
I was talking a woman the other day... she said was explaining the reason she pulled her child out of a particular private school.  The main reasons were most of the parents were "too rich" and "everyone was white." 

Sounds like she wants to move to inner city DC.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #805 on: December 15, 2023, 07:45:15 AM »

I would be forced to point out that, on an individual level, she has actively handicapped her child, and set them up for a less successful adulthood.  Whatever you want to argue on a societal level, the kind of schools rich white people send their kids to have measurably better outcomes on an individual basis.  She has harmed her child for her cult.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #806 on: December 15, 2023, 07:51:53 AM »

You didn't say what what her race was but I've found you can't always assume nowadays that the person making a statement like this is non-white
« Last Edit: December 15, 2023, 08:17:27 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #807 on: December 15, 2023, 08:20:16 AM »
"She has harmed her child for her cult."

That's generally OK to those people because they tend to truly believe that "the government" will take care of him/her/it/EIEIO...

Mediocrity is the new PhD!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #808 on: December 15, 2023, 08:28:41 AM »
I would be forced to point out that, on an individual level, she has actively handicapped her child, and set them up for a less successful adulthood.  Whatever you want to argue on a societal level, the kind of schools rich white people send their kids to have measurably better outcomes on an individual basis.  She has harmed her child for her cult.
I'm not sure the causation is as even remotely as strong as you imply.  I'd argue that it's much more a case of correlation and signaling than causation.

The type of parents with the inclination and resources to send their kids to private schools tend to be ingrained with a culture that emphasizes the importance of education (i.e. some European and American subcultures, many Asian cultures, some recent African immigrants, Jews, Mormons, etc.), tend to have a higher genetic baseline for intelligence, and often have more time and energy to dedicate to working with their kids at home.  The kids of such parents are likely to do very well later in life even if attending a mid-rate public school or doing home school.  Conversely, you could drop a single mom's kid from an Appalachian mining town who doesn't want anything more than to get on the dole as soon as possible - or his urban equivalent - in the best possible private school and they're going to do far more to drag down the kids around them than be improved by the school.

Granted, the potential negative impact of a bad school is nearly unlimited, but the potential positive impact of a really good school is solidly capped by the critical factors of culture, inherent capability, and parental involvement.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #809 on: December 15, 2023, 08:36:47 AM »
Sure but  culture, inherent capability, and parental involvement are not variables here.  (I might argue that parental involvement might be a variable, as hanging out with the involved parents of the good school might shift the cultist's Overton Window, but let's set that aside)

The variable is the good school, and making friends with other kids likely to be successful, or not.  While the factors listed might very well make the child not as successful as some of their peers in any situation, removing them from a good school and putting them in a lesser one has no chance of helping the kid.

So for THAT kid, changing schools to one that doesn't have "too many rich white kids" is almost certainly harmful, compared to where THAT kid would have been staying in a private school.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #810 on: December 15, 2023, 09:11:59 AM »
Tangentially, and making a thread all about Ben again, I have a little "good school / bad school" experience myself, albeit it all in the public school space. In Elementary school, I was pretty much a straight A student, always being picked for whatever they called the "advanced placement" classes back then. Part of that was because my parents, besides things like my dad teaching me to read at 3 by using encyclopedias instead of kids books, was them working multiple jobs to get us money to move into a neighborhood where there were good schools.

Then in the 7th grade, me and Kamala were both put on buses. Hers went to good schools. Mine went to the worst junior high school in the city in the worst part of town. But hey, it was diverse, and as a white kid, it was what I deserved. I got beat up a lot. That was only one of the things that caused my grades to drop. And drop and drop. I became a C student for most of Junior High. It wasn't for wont of intelligence, and I'm not trying to brag, but I have a 151 IQ, and was always reading and doing experiments as a kid just for fun. That intelligence didn't disappear in Junior High, but I had no desire to apply it there. One of my first beatdowns my first month there was not letting a Mexican gangbanger cheat off me in math class. He and his buddies jumped me at lunch and beat the crap out of me. I didn't see the point in being a "good student".

For High School, I got to go back to the one my parents worked to get me to, but I never became more than a B student, which, looking back now was because my younger self never got past my terrible junior high experience. My attitude was that school sucked and was a waste of time. I mean, I recovered, in that after high school I did blue collar stuff learning life lessons, and went back to college later in life with the same dedication and interest that I had in elementary school. But I could have just as easily continued the downward slide from junior high.

There is no education through diversity - at least in the direction of "good schools are bad for equity". It will only create worthless people. An "underrepresented student" may have a chance to do better being put in a good school, but taking a white kid out of a good school and putting them in a crap school to "even things out" won't lift up the bad school, it will only drag down the student.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #811 on: December 15, 2023, 09:24:48 AM »
[snip]
There is no education through diversity - at least in the direction of "good schools are bad for equity". It will only create worthless people. An "underrepresented student" may have a chance to do better being put in a good school, but taking a white kid out of a good school and putting them in a crap school to "even things out" won't lift up the bad school, it will only drag down the student.
I believe that's the goal.
"It's good, though..."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #812 on: December 15, 2023, 09:36:12 AM »
So for THAT kid, changing schools to one that doesn't have "too many rich white kids" is almost certainly harmful, compared to where THAT kid would have been staying in a private school.
I'm not saying that she's making a good choice or for good reasons, I'm just pointing out that modern, factory schooling (private or public) isn't as impactful or important as we sometimes pretend.

Assuming the kid transfers into even an average school, the degree to which that fancy private school can help her child in the long run is likely to be insignificant and completely eclipsed and overshadowed by all the other choices the family makes.  While the choice probably wasn't for the better, short of dumping them into a craphole like Ben describes, it likely doesn't really matter in the long term.  I'd also note that even private schools often take in kids on scholarships who can trash the performance of those around them.  For someone who can afford a private school, she probably lives in an area with at least halfway decent public schools.

As a kid I mostly attended public schools but attended at a private school for a couple of years.  I'd argue that my success has little to nothing to do with my time in the private school, except inasmuch as it kept me out of southern Californian public schools when gangs were a significant problem.

With the possible exception of extremely high-end private schools which might serve a beneficial signaling purpose in the future, for schools above a relatively low threshold, the potential positive impact of a primary school system on eventual individual performance is negligible.

Now, if mom thinks the best thing to do is to stick the kid in an inner-city school for the sake of diversity and such, of course it'll work out badly.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #813 on: December 15, 2023, 09:42:29 AM »
"Tangentially, and making a thread all about Ben again,"

All of our threads are about you, sweetie!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #814 on: December 15, 2023, 09:43:59 AM »

I believe that's the goal.

Same thing they're doing with housing. Reather than try to improve the bad neighborhoods they force low and no rent housing into well to do neighborhoods and then transport in people from the bad ones claiming the people living in those low/no rent housing will be brought up by the more well to do people in the neighborhood. All that ever happens is that the low/no rent people just dragged the neighborhood down into being basically being the same kind of neighborhood they were transported out of.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #815 on: December 15, 2023, 09:51:04 AM »
Same thing they're doing with housing. Reather than try to improve the bad neighborhoods they force low and no rent housing into well to do neighborhoods and then transport in people from the bad ones claiming the people living in those low/no rent housing will be brought up by the more well to do people in the neighborhood. All that even happens is that the low/no rent people just dragged the neighborhood down into being basically being the same kind of neighborhood they were transported out of.

Which is of course, racist to say. I occasionally look at the Reddit prepper thread, and yesterday someone from the UK made a post asking for help. They are in a village of 700, and the UK is importing 1100 (I think - the post is gone, but somewhere in that range) North African "asylum seekers" to their area. He was concerned with an increase in crime, as he should be, and was asking for suggestions on home security. The moderators removed his post and locked the thread because 'racism" for assuming that there might be a crime increase. This is the thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/preppers/comments/18i405b/prepping_home_for_invaders/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #816 on: December 15, 2023, 09:58:05 AM »
Years ago they decided our neighborhood didn't have it's fair share of crime so they put in a stretch a Section 8 apartments in the area. We now have obvious as F drug houses in the area and crime has gone through the roof. Stores are closing in the local shopping center because they can't handle the shop lifting. Murders have gone from being pretty much unheard of in the area to 5 in just the past 1 1/2 years. Looking at a crime map just one of the apartment buildings had 19 police reports attached to it in just the past 6 months. City has announced that since the program has been such a roaring success more are headed our way.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #817 on: December 16, 2023, 08:14:49 PM »
The Boston Tea Party

Washington Post column asks whether Boston Tea Party was 'terrorism' committed by ‘Blackfaced’ White Men
https://www.foxnews.com/media/wapo-column-asks-whether-boston-tea-party-act-terror-committed-blackfaced-white-men

- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #818 on: December 17, 2023, 12:13:40 AM »
The Boston Tea Party

Washington Post column asks whether Boston Tea Party was 'terrorism' committed by ‘Blackfaced’ White Men
https://www.foxnews.com/media/wapo-column-asks-whether-boston-tea-party-act-terror-committed-blackfaced-white-men

Buncha guys in London had the same idea. They lost.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #819 on: December 17, 2023, 02:53:36 AM »
The Boston Tea Party

I thought they were dressed as Indians Native Americans. Wouldn't that  make them red-faced White Men?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #820 on: December 17, 2023, 07:54:16 AM »
Coming to theater near you in 2024 - The American Society of Magical Negroes

Seriously, not a joke, watch the trailer.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt30007864/

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #821 on: December 17, 2023, 09:15:18 AM »
So it is dangerous for blacks when whites are unhappy?

Someone has clearly never perused the FBI stats on interracial crime.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #822 on: December 17, 2023, 10:02:08 AM »
It is a clever concept in its own way, considering the nonsense that is believed about race these days.

I just cannot believe they actually had the cojones to build a rom com around their insanity.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #823 on: December 17, 2023, 01:15:00 PM »

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes