Author Topic: Guess what's racist/white supremacy now  (Read 66925 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Re: Guess what's racist/white supremacy now
« Reply #850 on: December 18, 2023, 09:40:29 PM »
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #851 on: December 18, 2023, 09:54:47 PM »
It will be a hit with the same people who think Wakanda is a real place. Yes they exist.

They know it doesn't exist in reality. And reality is racist.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #853 on: December 24, 2023, 12:15:15 PM »
They started declaring menthol cigs racist a while back so of course any delay in banning them is racist.

Our nation’s health regulators were ready to take the important step of banning menthol, the only tobacco flavor that is still allowed on the market — that is until the Biden administration stepped in to delay the ban.

This delay is not without consequence, as I told the White House in a recent meeting. A delay means more deaths — more deaths of Black people and especially Black children. We have seen a delay on voting rights, a delay on living wages and now a delay of a moral rule to regulate menthol.

Has anyone seriously looked into really if and if true why are blacks especially impacted by menthol cigs or is this an imagined, like far too many, problem?
I recall them going after Math Liquors (Colt 45 ect..) for somewhat similar reasons saying blacks are impacted more by the fact they have a high alcohol content than reg beer and I can testily by working in my younger days in a convenient type store 90+% of Malt Liquors buyers were black. But how is that the fault of the product?

The Hill Calls Out Biden Admin, FDA: Delay on Menthol Cigarette Ban Hurts 'Racial Health Equity'
https://twitchy.com/amy-curtis/2023/12/24/the-hill-menthol-ban-racial-equity-n2391077
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #854 on: December 24, 2023, 01:19:01 PM »
Why don't they just make it illegal for black people to smoke?

That's what they want anyway.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #855 on: December 24, 2023, 02:48:35 PM »
It's all smoke and mirrors for some payoff within the tobacco industry.

They banned clove cigarettes simply to remove Indonesian competition. A favor to Phillip Morris et.al.

We can't see the details but we don't need to in order to order to know there's some angle, and that it doesn't have anything to do with helping people.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

HankB

• friend
« Reply #856 on: December 27, 2023, 08:53:22 AM »
. . . We can't see the details but we don't need to in order to order to know there's some angle, and that it doesn't have anything to do with helping people.
I think this statement is generally true about nearly all government programs & legislation - federal, state, and local.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #857 on: January 02, 2024, 07:24:46 AM »
Boston mayor doesn't apologize for her no whites allowed holiday party instead she apologizes for them finding out about it.

Boston mayor defends excluding White people from holiday party
https://www.foxnews.com/media/boston-mayor-defends-excluding-white-people-holiday-party

I think you all know what the AG would have said if the mayor had excluded blacks or any other "POC"

Boston mayor's party that excluded White officials didn't violate law: AG
https://www.foxnews.com/us/boston-mayors-party-that-excluded-white-officials-didnt-violate-law-ag

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #858 on: January 02, 2024, 09:29:43 PM »
Anglophobia
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #859 on: January 02, 2024, 10:07:25 PM »
I think you all know what the AG would have said if the mayor had excluded blacks or any other "POC"

Boston mayor's party that excluded White officials didn't violate law: AG
https://www.foxnews.com/us/boston-mayors-party-that-excluded-white-officials-didnt-violate-law-ag

Asked if hosting a party excluding White elected officials would be appropriate, Wu responded that there are a number of parties where everyone is invited, including White councilors.

"There are multiple ways that we celebrate with everyone. There are several holiday parties that the entire city council and all of our elected colleagues have been invited to," she said, according to the Boston Herald.

Why do I think that statement doesn't even attempt to respond to the question?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #860 on: January 19, 2024, 06:47:17 PM »
Jerry Seinfeld

Jerry Seinfeld shuts down reporter who tries to guilt him for having too many White people in his projects. Woke activist reporters need to feel as insane & racist as they sound. pic.twitter.com/b7hOyPXD8J
    — Robby Starbuck (@robbystarbuck) January 18, 2024
https://twitchy.com/gordon-k/2024/01/19/seinfeld-isnt-playing-the-woke-game-n2391920
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #861 on: January 20, 2024, 09:14:58 AM »
Somalians
I mean blacks
Uhh I mean Somalians
Wait, what?
I'm sure they'll figure out a way to blame white people

The initial altercation erupted between a group of black and Somali students, it was claimed by CrimeWatchMinneapolis, but the situation escalated when parents, after they became aware of the incident, allegedly joined the fight alongside their children.

That was on Thursday. It was so bad they canceled school the next day.

Huge 'race-fueled' brawl between black and Somalian students breaks out at Minneapolis high school with PARENTS who got involved arrested by cops
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12985829/race-fueled-brawl-black-Somalian-parents-Minneapolis-high-school-video.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #862 on: January 20, 2024, 10:20:05 AM »
Somalians
I mean blacks
Uhh I mean Somalians
Wait, what?
I'm sure they'll figure out a way to blame white people . . .
I remember several decades ago when ebon Jamaicans would get very upset if anyone called them "black."
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

griz

• friend
« Reply #863 on: January 20, 2024, 11:24:39 AM »
Things were simpler when there were two sexes and black meant African American.  Now the only things I'm sure of is that everybody thinks everybody else is a racist.

BTW, there was a news report several years ago that covered a dispute in Africa.  The reporter ended up stuck because she first referred to a white person as a white African, then was painted into a corner to refer to another group as African American Africans.  It wasn't black or white to her.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #864 on: January 20, 2024, 11:45:41 AM »
Somalians
I mean blacks
Uhh I mean Somalians
Wait, what?

Huge 'race-fueled' brawl between black and Somalian students breaks out at Minneapolis high school with PARENTS who got involved arrested by cops
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12985829/race-fueled-brawl-black-Somalian-parents-Minneapolis-high-school-video.html

Folks are finding out what those of us that travel a fair bit already knew.

There isn't very much "African" at all about "African-Americans", and when the cultures collide it's going to leave a mark.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #865 on: January 20, 2024, 12:19:51 PM »
Where I worked there was a Nigerian woman who I asked once if she ever experienced racism in America and she said yes but not from whites but from the blacks here. She said many blacks here are very rude to them. She said she walked into a black church and was told to leave, she wasn't welcome there, while she said she could walk into a predominantly white church and they would welcome her.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #866 on: January 20, 2024, 05:28:22 PM »
Somalians
I mean blacks
Uhh I mean Somalians
Wait, what?

Just in case anyone reads the article and gets confused, they're talking about the other St Louis.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #867 on: January 24, 2024, 10:22:28 AM »
MSNBC
Yes that MSNBC

Tiffany Cross said MSNBC executives favored White men and planted negative stories about her. (MSNBC)

"The network’s philosophy was Trump, Trump, Trump. They wanted me to be part of the echo chamber," Cross said.

Cross also said that her scripts were scrutinized and nitpicked by MSNBC executives who don’t treat White males the same way, accused the network of planting negative stories about her in the press that were "filled with outright lies," and referenced reports that MSNBC president Rashida Jones tried to control the narrative about Cross' firing with a surprise visit to the set of "The View" in 2022.

Waiting on to hear what Joy, A Glass Of Water Is Racist, Reid has to say.  [popcorn]

MSNBC refuses to respond after former host Tiffany Cross bashed network, NBC executives
https://www.foxnews.com/media/msnbc-refuses-respond-after-former-host-tiffany-cross-bashed-network-nbc-executives

- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #868 on: January 24, 2024, 02:58:11 PM »
At a writing training session the other day, I'm pretty sure I heard the teacher say that the rules of grammar re-inforce white supremacy.

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #869 on: January 25, 2024, 04:30:26 PM »
I thought code-switching was acceptable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code-switching

If so, wouldn't it make sense to encourage using grammar correctly in situations where it matters, without diminishing the agency of the person who may speak incorrectly when with peers?
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #870 on: January 25, 2024, 10:14:16 PM »
I thought code-switching was acceptable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code-switching

If so, wouldn't it make sense to encourage using grammar correctly in situations where it matters, without diminishing the agency of the person who may speak incorrectly when with peers?

Once sloppy, always sloppy.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #871 on: January 26, 2024, 05:31:56 PM »
Security chased the homeless man. To his hotel room. At the Four Seasons. Jesus - put at least a little effort into it, guy.

https://twitchy.com/chad-felix-greene/2024/01/26/i-dont-believe-you-race-and-ethnicity-reporter-for-the-wapo-reports-conveniently-racist-story-n2392222
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #872 on: January 26, 2024, 05:39:20 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #873 on: January 31, 2024, 06:47:18 PM »
Walgreens closing

.@Walgreens' closures of pharmacies in Roxbury, Mattapan & Hyde Park are not arbitrary or innocent.

They are disruptive, life-threatening acts of racial & economic discrimination.

As a multi-billion-dollar corporation, they must stop divesting from Black & brown communities. pic.twitter.com/iSvhFWw8Bl
    — Ayanna Pressley (@AyannaPressley) January 31, 2024

Rep. Ayanna Pressley Says Walgreens Closures Are Racial Discrimination
https://twitchy.com/brettt/2024/01/31/rep-ayanna-pressley-says-walgreens-closures-are-racial-discrimination-n2392413
- Calvin and Hobbes

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #874 on: January 31, 2024, 11:29:01 PM »
Walgreens closing

Rep. Ayanna Pressley Says Walgreens Closures Are Racial Discrimination
https://twitchy.com/brettt/2024/01/31/rep-ayanna-pressley-says-walgreens-closures-are-racial-discrimination-n2392413

How can it be discrimination when they are "supporting" all those shoplifters?  It just got to be too expensive to "give away" all their products.  >:D  :facepalm:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”