Author Topic: Guess what's racist/white supremacy now  (Read 66855 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Guess what's racist/white supremacy now
« Reply #875 on: February 01, 2024, 09:51:40 AM »
Just like in the 1970s. Rampant crime drove many retailers/services (banks, gas stations, etc.) out of minority neighborhoods, creating "service deserts."

Cue the screeching that this is just a ploy by whitey to kill off POCs.

Community leaders work with retailers/services to return to service desert areas.

In quite a few cases, those new locations are immediately targeted by criminals.

Now we're seeing the cycle repeat itself.

No, Ms. Presley, this isn't racism causing this. It's the feral animal nature of the people who view these services as "free" that are to blame. In other words, you and yours.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #876 on: February 01, 2024, 10:11:06 AM »
Walgreens should ask Ms Presley whether she's stupid enough to believe what she's saying, or if she thinks her constituents are that stupid.  Because it's one or the other.
"It's good, though..."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #877 on: February 01, 2024, 10:13:39 AM »
Walgreens should ask Ms Presley whether she's stupid enough to believe what she's saying, or if she thinks her constituents are that stupid.  Because it's one or the other.

The fact she got elected to congress after being in public office for years spewing this crap should answer the constituents question but really why not both?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2024, 10:26:19 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #878 on: February 01, 2024, 12:44:48 PM »
How can it be discrimination when they are "supporting" all those shoplifters?  It just got to be too expensive to "give away" all their products.  >:D  :facepalm:

Taking away the shoplifting/robbery opportunities from the downtrodden minorities is the racist part.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #879 on: February 03, 2024, 10:29:37 AM »
Happy white supremacy month.

All you all should be proud of the great accomplishment of this nation in taking in a people who were basically living a stone age sustenance life in a tribal environment and in under three centuries transformed them into relatively functional members of a complex western civilization. They all haven't made the grade, but I'm comfortable saying the vast majority have made the cut.

Kudos to you. 

Whether the project was worthwhile or a net positive I'll leave for others to decide.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #880 on: February 03, 2024, 10:37:39 AM »
transformed them into relatively functional members of a complex western civilization.

Some seem to be determined to reverse that part
« Last Edit: February 03, 2024, 11:43:48 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #881 on: February 03, 2024, 11:40:39 AM »
Happy white supremacy month.

All you all should be proud of the great accomplishment of this nation in taking in a people who were basically living a stone age sustenance life in a tribal environment and in under three centuries transformed them into relatively functional members of a complex western civilization. They all haven't made the grade, but I'm comfortable saying the vast majority have made the cut.

Kudos to you. 

Whether the project was worthwhile or a net positive I'll leave for others to decide.

Ackshually Guy pushes his thick spectacles further back onto his nose and replies:

I assume you're referring to the Atlantic slave trade. The U.S. got most of its slaves from the slave population of the West Indies, the Caribbean, etc. Exporting enslaved Africans from the African continent was a multinational, multicultural industry, involving Americans, Europeans, and of course slave-trading Africans.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• friend

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #883 on: February 04, 2024, 11:47:49 AM »
White Jesus followers are racist or something.

Black History Month is a perfect time for MAJORITY-WHITE CONGREGATIONS to be reminded that they follow a non-white Savior, hold a Bible that is filled with people of color, and that many of the church’s greatest theologians were from Africa.
    — Dr. Kevin M. Young (@kevinmyoung) February 3, 2024

So-Called Pastor Pushing for MORE Racism During Black History Month Goes SO WRONG It's Almost Biblical
https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/02/04/kevin-young-racist-n2392543
« Last Edit: February 04, 2024, 04:57:40 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #884 on: February 04, 2024, 04:55:09 PM »
Ackshually Guy pushes his thick spectacles further back onto his nose and replies:

I assume you're referring to the Atlantic slave trade. The U.S. got most of its slaves from the slave population of the West Indies, the Caribbean, etc. Exporting enslaved Africans from the African continent was a multinational, multicultural industry, involving Americans, Europeans, and of course slave-trading Africans.

And IIRC, those traders were usually muslim traders.  They either hired African tribes to make war on other tribes and take captives or they just had those tribes kidnap people to be sold as slaves.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #885 on: February 04, 2024, 05:50:40 PM »
White Jesus followers are racist or something.

So-Called Pastor Pushing for MORE Racism During Black History Month Goes SO WRONG It's Almost Biblical
https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/02/04/kevin-young-racist-n2392543

Huh. So when they call him St Augustine of Hippo, it's not a fat joke?

https://twitchy.com/aaronwalker/2024/02/04/the-root-tells-us-these-people-are-the-white-people-of-black-people-n2392526

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #886 on: February 08, 2024, 06:47:04 PM »
The Sistine Chapel

https://twitter.com/wrong_speak/status/1755179309054951814

Robin D'Angelo Doesn't Know Who's in the Painting, but She's Sure Sistine Chapel Is 'White Supremacy'
https://twitchy.com/amy-curtis/2024/02/08/sistine-chapel-white-supremacy-n2392670
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #887 on: February 12, 2024, 10:13:41 AM »
Not standing for the "black national anthem"

A Democratic congressman raised some eyebrows online Sunday when he took a shot at the Super Bowl crowd in Las Vegas, saying very few fans stood for the singing of "Lift Every Voice and Sing," calling it "not a very pretty picture."

Known colloquially as the "Black National Anthem," Grammy winner Andra Day performed the song as part of the pre-game festivities for Super Bowl LVIII between the Kansas City Chiefs and San Francisco 49ers.

"Very very few stood for ‘Lift Every Voice and Sing,’" Rep. Steve Cohen, D-Tenn. wrote on X. "The Negro National Anthem. Not a pretty picture of Super Bowl crowd." Cohen represents a majority-Black district in western Tennessee.

Democratic congressman hits Super Bowl fans for not standing for 'Negro National Anthem'
https://www.foxnews.com/media/democratic-congressman-hits-super-bowl-fans-not-standing-negro-national-anthem

- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #888 on: February 12, 2024, 10:26:08 AM »
Why would I stand for that?  I don't stand for the Canadian National Anthem either.

I'm not all wound up they sang it, they sing several songs before the game (apparently) but is anyone crying about how many people were standing for Post Malone's "America the Beautiful" rendition?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #889 on: February 12, 2024, 10:30:53 AM »
Why would I stand for that?  I don't stand for the Canadian National Anthem either.

I'm not all wound up they sang it, they sing several songs before the game (apparently) but is anyone crying about how many people were standing for Post Malone's "America the Beautiful" rendition?

Exactly
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #890 on: February 12, 2024, 10:31:49 AM »

Yeah, it's a sportsball game, so who cares if that's a song they play, and who cares if anyone stands for it or not (other than, as Dogmush alluded to, the argument that I don't stand for a foreign country's anthem either)?

So let them have their little song at the sportsball match, but if you play it at official government functions and expect me to stand for it or otherwise honor it, we've got a big problem, commie.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #891 on: February 12, 2024, 10:45:16 AM »
Not standing for the "black national anthem"

Democratic congressman hits Super Bowl fans for not standing for 'Negro National Anthem'
https://www.foxnews.com/media/democratic-congressman-hits-super-bowl-fans-not-standing-negro-national-anthem

Aren't you supposed to kneel for that one?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #892 on: February 12, 2024, 11:04:47 AM »
Yeah, it's a sportsball game, so who cares if that's a song they play, and who cares if anyone stands for it or not (other than, as Dogmush alluded to, the argument that I don't stand for a foreign country's anthem either)?

So let them have their little song at the sportsball match, but if you play it at official government functions and expect me to stand for it or otherwise honor it, we've got a big problem, commie.

I might even harvest a *expletive deleted*ck or two from my nearly barren field if they were to replace the Star Spangled Banner with this song, or any other "anthem"* at a big sports event.  Adding it to the playlist can't make me care.  Nor do I care about the race-baiter's scolding except to point out that if indeed it's the "Negro National Anthem" as he claims, it's not mine, so why would I treat it differently from any other "not my" song?** In reality that dick is engagement farming on Twitter, successfully.  He probably managed to screenshot some responses in the dumpster fire to put on the powerpoint at his next fundraiser highlighting ascendant white supremacy.

* Except maybe "The Anthem" by Good Charolette.  That song's a banger.

** Were I to be at a sporting event in another country, and they played that country's National Anthem, I would probably stand quietly out of respect for my hosts, but no hand over the heart or anything.  That seems like the polite thing to do.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #893 on: February 16, 2024, 08:35:17 AM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #894 on: February 16, 2024, 09:10:24 AM »
^^^
They should have read The Boy Who Cried Wolf.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #895 on: February 16, 2024, 09:13:40 AM »
Basically anything that will help kids including black kids improve themselves and get ahead in life is attacked as racist now.
Stupid people are easier to manipulate
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #896 on: February 16, 2024, 09:24:46 AM »
Basically anything that will help kids including black kids improve themselves and get ahead in life is attacked as racist now.
Stupid people are easier to manipulate

They said:

World Literature and Composition students were told that “Worship of the Written Word” is white supremacy because it is “an erasure of the wide range of ways we communicate with each other.”

Which is interesting, because how else are we supposed to communicate with people and civilizations that have been dead for hundreds or thousands of years?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #897 on: February 16, 2024, 09:29:25 AM »
Which is interesting, because how else are we supposed to communicate with people and civilizations that have been dead for hundreds or thousands of years?

You're not, 99% of those writings came from non-black civs so they are to be erased from history

- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #898 on: February 16, 2024, 10:40:46 AM »
Expecting people to improve themselves is racist.

Standards are racist.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #899 on: February 16, 2024, 01:55:48 PM »
If writing and reading were racist, Brother Kendi would never have written that book. What are these people thinking?