Author Topic: Obama throws like a girl...  (Read 7249 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Re: Obama throws like a girl...
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2009, 04:45:35 PM »
But he can swat a fly rather well.

That didn't deserve media coverage though. In fact it was disgusting how much attention was paid to such a trivial thing.

This is different though.

Major media coverage != guys on teh intarwebs cracking jokes.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

crt360

• friend
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2009, 05:30:36 PM »
Well, if you're gonna go that route, consider the age, too.

???

If that's a response to my post, are you referring to the age of Obama, G.W. Bush, or Troy Aikman?  I don't consider any of them feeble old men.

Whether a president can throw a nice strike is pretty low on my scale of trivial non-concerns.
For entertainment purposes only.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2009, 05:41:53 PM »
How the hell would that make him less of an American? Baseball is boring as hell to watch and takes considerable skill, luck, and practice to play effectively. Why should one play it if one doesn't enjoy it? Apple pie is awesome but I could certainly understand someone with an aversion to sweets abstaining from it.

I agree that baseball is about as exciting as watching paint dry, and I haven't played baseball since I was in high school (and then only at an intramural level). Nonetheless, I could walk on a field tomorrow and at least manage to put a pitch into the catcher's glove. It probably wouldn't be a strike, but it wouldn't have a trajectory straight out of slow pitch softball, I can promise you that.

Did you watch his legs? He definitely throws like a girl. And not just any girl -- a girl who has never played baseball.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

red headed stranger

• friend
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2009, 05:55:50 PM »
How the hell would that make him less of an American? Baseball is boring as hell to watch and takes considerable skill, luck, and practice to play effectively. Why should one play it if one doesn't enjoy it? Apple pie is awesome but I could certainly understand someone with an aversion to sweets abstaining from it.

Even as a youngin' I wasn't particularly interested Baseball.  I was scared that I would one day get shot on a battlefield as a spy for not knowing who won a particular world series or who plays SS for the Yankees. Questions like that were often depicted as the test used to ferret out spies in the old WWII movies.
Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2009, 06:10:57 PM »
I hate baseball. 
Never learned to play, never wanted to play.  I throw like a girl.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2009, 06:20:28 PM »
I hate baseball. 

Okay, NOW can we shoot JJ for being a Nazi spy ???

=D =D
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2009, 07:06:05 PM »
I hate baseball. 

Don't make me pull the Queen picture back out of storage, you abominated freak of nature.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2009, 07:59:16 PM »
That is bizarre.  I have long disdained sports, but even I can tell that his form is atrocious.  He looks like he's not even trying.  Bizarre.   :|

Is that a cute, but obilque, way of saying that Obama is anti-American at the core?

Is that one of those things we're not supposed to say?  Is there some chance he's not anti-American?  ???  He IS a leftist, after all. 

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Phantom Warrior

• friend
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2009, 08:25:38 PM »
I don't like Obama one bit but I can't throw to save my life either.  Big deal.  If anyone on this board wants to go for a run though...

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2009, 08:28:09 PM »
Any further references to Obama as either Obama or the President will be summarily deleted.

So what are we supposed to call him?......Merle?....  =|
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2009, 08:50:21 PM »
I also noticed the non-verbals the driver of the cart was putting out.  He doesn't seem like the biggest fan of Obama.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2009, 09:03:06 PM »

Don't make me pull the Queen picture back out of storage, you abominated freak of nature.

Don't hate.  I've got a sugar mama, so I must be doing something right...

So what are we supposed to call him?......Merle?....  =|
That was a typo on Irwin's behalf, he's since edited it.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Bob F.

• friend
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2009, 09:31:01 PM »
How'd you like to see him at a NASCAR race?
"I always have my primary weapon, it's right between my ears."

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2009, 09:56:18 PM »
I have long disdained sports, but even I can tell that his form is atrocious.  He looks like he's not even trying.

I disagree.  I think it looks like he's trying too hard to imitate the pros.  He did some spastic wind-up like he thought he could actually pitch.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2009, 11:06:38 PM »
Okay, I finally watched the video.  It wasn't that bad.  It looked like he just didn't try. 

I bet I would look pretty bad if I didn't warm up. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2009, 11:17:15 PM »
That is bizarre.  I have long disdained sports, but even I can tell that his form is atrocious.  He looks like he's not even trying.  Bizarre.   :|

Indeed.  You don't have to play baseball to know how to pull off a basic overhand throw.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2009, 12:01:46 AM »
How'd you like to see him at a NASCAR race?

How'd you like to see a public relations disaster?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2009, 12:06:59 AM »
That is bizarre.  I have long disdained sports, but even I can tell that his form is atrocious.  He looks like he's not even trying.  Bizarre.   :|

In my opinion, it looked to me that he just didn't care.  He put no real effort into it.  It was just another PR stop to him.  It was all about looking good in the media.   If his handlers had said missing the event wouldn't matter, he would not have been there.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Uncle Bubba

• friend
  • Billy Fish
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2009, 01:17:37 AM »

Check out the facial expressions on the guy driving the golf cart - especially when Obama shakes his hand.

stay safe.

skidmark

I had a good laugh at that, too. The guy looked like he smelled something bad the whole time the Prez was next to the cart.

It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat *expletive deleted*it and die. Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Quote from: Fly320s
But, generally speaking, people are idiots outside their own personal sphere.

Uncle Bubba

• friend
  • Billy Fish
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2009, 01:40:56 AM »

It is 60' 6" from the mound to home plate.

If I was the president, my pitch would have made it past home plate, might have not been in the strike zone but it would have crossed the plate.

*thread drift*

Just because it's something I didn't realize despite being a baseball fan for many years and only learned a very few years ago: It's not 60' 6" from the pitcher's rubber to the plate, which is what everyone means by "from the mound to the plate". It's that distance from the front of the rubber to the rear point of the plate. With the plate being 17" from front edge to rear point, it's actually 59' 1" from the rubber to the plate.

*end thread drift*

It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat *expletive deleted*it and die. Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Quote from: Fly320s
But, generally speaking, people are idiots outside their own personal sphere.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2009, 12:11:50 AM »

*thread drift*

Just because it's something I didn't realize despite being a baseball fan for many years and only learned a very few years ago: It's not 60' 6" from the pitcher's rubber to the plate, which is what everyone means by "from the mound to the plate". It's that distance from the front of the rubber to the rear point of the plate. With the plate being 17" from front edge to rear point, it's actually 59' 1" from the rubber to the plate.

*end thread drift*

I didn't know that, either, but you're correct.

http://www.hksportsfields.com/images/pdf/hs_col_baseball_field.pdf
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design