Author Topic: Poor child of stupid, selfish parents  (Read 7248 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Poor child of stupid, selfish parents
« on: May 25, 2011, 01:37:22 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/05/24/genderless-child-creates-media-firestorm-toronto/

The parents of little 4 month old "Storm" are raising him " to be free of societal norms regarding gender."

What they are going to get is a confused child who grows up to be a maladjusted adult.

YOU DO NOT EXPERIMENT ON CHILDREN. Even your own. Scratch that, ESPECIALLY your own. They are not your property, they are under your care to raise them properly. You have a responsibility to them. You have a sacred duty to them. You don't decide to try some new way because you feel like society is oppressing the gender confused.

Mr. Chesterton says it far more eloquently:

In the matter of reforming things, as distinct from deforming them, there is one plain and simple principle; a principle which will probably be called a paradox. There exists in such a case a certain institution or law; let us say, for the sake of simplicity, a fence or gate erected across a road. The more modern type of reformer goes gaily up to it and says, "I don't see the use of this; let us clear it away." To which the more intelligent type of reformer will do well to answer: "If you don't see the use of it, I certainly won't let you clear it away. Go away and think. Then, when you can come back and tell me that you do see the use of it, I may allow you to destroy it."
This paradox rests on the most elementary common sense. The gate or fence did not grow there. It was not set up by somnambulists who built it in their sleep. It is highly improbable that it was put there by escaped lunatics who were for some reason loose in the street. Some person had some reason for thinking it would be a good thing for somebody. And until we know what the reason was, we really cannot judge whether the reason was reasonable. It is extremely probable that we have overlooked some whole aspect of the question, if something set up by human beings like ourselves seems to be entirely meaningless and mysterious. There are reformers who get over this difficulty by assuming that all their fathers were fools; but if that be so, we can only say that folly appears to be a hereditary disease. But the truth is that nobody has any business to destroy a social institution until he has really seen it as an historical institution. If he knows how it arose, and what purposes it was supposed to serve, he may really be able to say that they were bad purposes, or that they have since become bad purposes, or that they are purposes which are no longer served. But if he simply stares at the thing as a senseless monstrosity that has somehow sprung up in his path, it is he and not the traditionalist who is suffering from an illusion.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Poor child of stupid, selfish parents
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 01:43:37 PM »
You're just not sex positive.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 01:46:12 PM »
I'm trying to figure out who's changing its diapers  ???

All I know is that we could give our girls a toy truck, and they would wrap it up in a blanket and cuddle it  :lol:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 01:54:13 PM »
YOU DO NOT EXPERIMENT ON CHILDREN. Even your own. Scratch that, ESPECIALLY your own.

Is this a general principle, or just in the field of gender?

You're just not sex positive.

I begin to wonder if you remember why I first used that term on this forum.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 01:59:37 PM »

Non-experimentation on children is a general principle. If you want to push the idea of "experimentation," there are degrees like, "let's see if he likes lemon tarts" or "let's see if she likes green beans" (the answer for my daughter on that one is a RESOUNDING no). That can be a type of experimentation that is acceptable.

"Let's see if she can make it back to shore if we drop her in the lake" or "let's see what this unknown chemical does to him" would be an unacceptable type of experiment. These parents are engaged in this latter type.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 02:00:44 PM »
How about "Let us see what this innovative method of schooling does?"

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 02:03:34 PM »

It's got to be a seat-of-the pants over-generalization based on a rage reaction, which I fully understand.

Proof by counterexample:
"How do you know you don't like it unless you try it?"
"Are you ready to take the training wheels off"
"How can we tell if the water is deeper than your boots are tall?"
"Sure, try the spelling test without studying.  I'll stop bugging you, but I'm emailing the teacher for the test score"

Staying out of the gender crap, but child-rearing is just one experiment after another, with no guarantee of the finished product

eta- Yea, like he said.....
7-11 was a part time job.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 02:57:22 PM »
How about "Let us see what this innovative method of schooling does?"

That depends. Is it time-limited? Is it a massive departure from traditional schooling? (Incidentally, I find the much of public schooling for the past 40+ years mainly be a deplorable experiment on children.) Will there be time to rectifiy any deficiencies in the schooling after results have been observed?

It's got to be a seat-of-the pants over-generalization based on a rage reaction, which I fully understand.

Yes it was. I am extremely angry at the damage this child will suffer because his parents want to play at being gods.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2011, 03:08:14 PM »
That depends. Is it time-limited? Is it a massive departure from traditional schooling? (Incidentally, I find the much of public schooling for the past 40+ years mainly be a deplorable experiment on children.) Will there be time to rectifiy any deficiencies in the schooling after results have been observed?

The point is, schooling only advanced by experiments. Every time a school tries a new method, there is a chance the children will end up being uneducated in a new subjects, or will be raised as little monsters.

I'm unwilling to lose the forest from the trees here.

cambeul41

• friend
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 07:14:57 PM »
Do they plan to keep the kid in solitary confinement? If not, the other kids are going to find out and peer pressure will have its way.  [popcorn]
?It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.?
?Thomas Sowell

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2011, 09:47:14 PM »
YOU DO NOT EXPERIMENT ON CHILDREN.

Oh, I dunno.  As long as they earmark the kid or tattoo his forehead or put one of those dog finder chips in his neck so we'll know it's him, it might be fun to watch.

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2011, 11:17:13 PM »
Do they plan to keep the kid in solitary confinement? If not, the other kids are going to find out and peer pressure will have its way.  [popcorn]

QFT
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2011, 11:19:17 PM »
When it comes to what experiments are ok to try with children, I find myself asking if it's for my benefit or theirs.  If it's for mine, it's not cool.  For theirs, it's probably fine.

It's very hard for me to see any way in which this is really good for the child.  Interesting for the parents, sure, in all kinds of ways, sure.  Not ok, as far as I'm concerned.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2011, 11:41:07 PM »
It's very hard for me to see any way in which this is really good for the child.

It's not any good for the child. It's new age hippy bullshit "Oh, let's not let gender influence the child! Heaven help us should he grow up to be a normal boy, or a she a normal girl...let's make the poor child confused as hell when s/he gets get a little older!"

This isn't the first time this crackpot *expletive deleted*it has been done with a child, either...seems like every year I hear of a couple of news stories about f*expletive deleted*tards parents trying this *expletive deleted*it.

Whatever happened to raising a kid normally?

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2011, 02:03:27 AM »
It's not any good for the child. It's new age hippy bull*expletive deleted* "Oh, let's not let gender influence the child! Heaven help us should he grow up to be a normal boy, or a she a normal girl...let's make the poor child confused as hell when s/he gets get a little older!"

This isn't the first time this crackpot *expletive deleted* has been done with a child, either...seems like every year I hear of a couple of news stories about *expletive deleted*tards parents trying this *expletive deleted*.

Whatever happened to raising a kid normally?

You're just being a mean ol' conservative. You probably kick puppies and cling to guns and religion as well. Need to be more progressive now that Obama is in the White House. [popcorn]
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2011, 02:18:35 AM »
You probably kick puppies and cling to guns and religion as well

I actually hug puppies but have been known to kick a hippie and/or commie every now and then again.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2011, 07:49:32 AM »
Their viewpoint is quite strange.

It is more offensive that they decided to get notoriety for what they are doing.

Using a child to make a name for yourself is unforgivable.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2011, 09:15:48 AM »
Using a child to make a name for yourself is unforgivable.

With this I agree.

Using my children to help me relive (and reclaim) my childhood - I am guilty.
7-11 was a part time job.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2011, 09:49:29 AM »
How dare these parents have non traditional views about gender.  Everyone knows that common knowledge and tradition are right.

Let's save this child comrades!
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2011, 10:12:49 AM »
How dare these parents have non traditional views about gender.  Everyone knows that common knowledge and tradition are right.

Let's save this child comrades!
So you think the child should be taken away from those parents?  I don't believe anyone else mentioned that. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2011, 10:27:38 AM »
So you think the child should be taken away from those parents?  I don't believe anyone else mentioned that. 
[/quote

De selby has yet to notice that some people reserve the right to disagree with and even disapprove of some things even while recognizing that we have no right to ban them.

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2011, 10:35:24 AM »
Storm, Jazz and Kio.  That's a great idea.  Let's give our kids names that guarantee they will be harassed and get their asses kicked on a daily basis.  ;/

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2011, 10:50:48 AM »
I spend a lot of my days working in Juvenile Court.  I have seen a lot of "genetic material donors" come through that have made me shake my head in disbelief at what they've done.  But, gender-neutral?  Call me crazy, but ain't the plumbing gonna tell the kid what he/she is?  Why little Storm discovers that the plumbing is on the outside or the inside, ain't that gonna give it away? And, when Storm identifies with Johnny next door, or Ann across the street, then what are these geniuses going to do?

I see this as trouble brewing, for the family, the kid, or both.  Time will tell, but I'm expecting problems down the road...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2011, 11:37:22 AM »
Storm, Jazz and Kio.  That's a great idea.  Let's give our kids names that guarantee they will be harassed and get their asses kicked on a daily basis.  ;/

Well. . . this world is rough.
And if a man's gonna make it, he's gotta be tough.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2011, 12:02:20 PM »
Well. . . this world is rough.
And if a man's gonna make it, he's gotta be tough.

A girl, too  =D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin