Author Topic: I could use your prayers tonight - I'm going into a very dark place  (Read 7244 times)

Stand_watie

• friend
I could use your prayers tonight - I'm going into a very dark place
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2005, 04:44:48 PM »
Longfellow is my father's favorite poet P35. He's a native state o' Mainer like Longfellow. That poem is about as pretty as they come.

I was thinking as I sat on the porch swing this afternoon with my daughter (wife is off for the night to stay with her parents and think) that the warm Texas sunshine on my face will always still be here. And a family that loves me. And a God that doesn't want me to suffer no matter how hard things seem at any given time.

Thank you all for being here so I can dump a little. Our friends and family are all mutual, so I can't really discuss this with them without villifying the woman I love. I did call my 80 something year old grandmother, who is the wisest woman I know and the tightest lipped person in our family (Probably because she's such a Maine yankee) and got a lot of support there.

p.s. I like that last verse best of all P35. Thank you
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2005, 04:45:32 PM »
As with others, I've been where you are going, and done what you will do.  Not an easy road, but you can get through this.  Don't forget that we are here if you need us.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2005, 05:58:57 PM »
Prayers are on the way.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

bountyhunter

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2005, 03:07:29 PM »
It's like getting hit in the stomach with a two by four.... it will hurt and nobody can change that.  Just focus on moving forward and avoid the second guessing.  You would also be wise not to listen to anything she says for a while since she will likely be working very hard to justify this to herself and dump all the blame on you.  Not a good time to "talk it out".

You may want to do some volunteer work at a local shelter (people or animal).  Tending to animals is the most fun you can have for free and  you'll never find a human who appreciates it so much.

P95Carry

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2005, 04:04:41 PM »
Stand' ........ just some pos' thought your way ol' friend - may not help that much but seems like you have a good squad here pullin' for you - and every little helps. Smiley
Chris - P95
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.
Rohrbaugh interest/ownership? - Rohrbaugh Forum Rohrbaugh R9 FAQ Site

grampster

• friend
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2005, 04:16:06 PM »
Stand,  I sent you an e mail at the work address you PM'd me about.  
Chris is right about this group of disfunctional bloggers.  May our words give you support.

grampster
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw